News Triller offers 1 month of amnesty for anyone who illegally streamed Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren event

Proxy Chain would have been more effective than just logging into a vpn

good luck spending the money tracing and tracking that down

Seems like around here on Sherdog, you are an idiot if you actually pay for a PPV and you are super cool or it's "the norm" to steal it or watch for free.

60aba63cccf114e2904bdf9a8544e06a.gif

The social media company on Monday issued a press release announcing a website has been opened where individuals who illegally streamed the pay-per-view can pay the $49.99 price tag for the event. In exchange, those individuals’ names will be removed from lawsuit, which seeks a $150,000 penalty from every person who pirated the card.

“VPN firewalls all have to comply and turn over the actual IP addresses of each person who stole the fight in discovery,” Matt St. Claire, Head of Piracy for Triller, said in a statement. “We will be able to identify each and every person, VPN or not, as each stream has a unique fingerprint embedded in the content.

“Triller will pursue the full $150,000 penalty per person per instance for anyone who doesn’t do the right thing and pay before the deadline.”

“We are taking this position because it is outright theft,” St. Claire said. “It is no different than walking into a store and stealing a video game off the shelf. In the case of the offending sites, it’s worse, because they also then resold it to many people, illegally profiting from work they do not own.
“We encourage anyone who pirated the event to visit the site before June 1, pay their $49.99 and receive a full and complete release from Triller to avoid further action,”

The website started by Triller will stay open until June 1 to allow anyone seeking to pay the $49.99 in order to remove themselves from the pending litigation. The initial lawsuit filed was seeking $100 million in damages.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/...egally-streamed-jake-paul-vs-ben-askren-event

lol

This company is killing any positive branding it developed from the Jake Paul fight with this bs.

Don't they know the RIAA was one of the most hated entities in its day ?

I don't know much about the app side of things, but if that's what they're trying to promote, why would they just trash the brand so hard?

wouldn't it ult
Scare tactics. They wouldn't be doing this if they had any actual grounds to do what they are implying. It's a bluff and watching a stream isn't technically illegal, you have no control of what is shown on the stream. So that fault goes to the streamer and not the viewer. Not all VPNs are the same. Most don't keep records or comply with request. Either way this is just a bluff and scare tactic that may work on some people. That is the point of it though.

could someone counter sue for extortion or something? it seems weird to go after what is likely mostly kids who may or may not have watched the event or were just trolling or whatever the fuck.

Seems like around here on Sherdog, you are an idiot if you actually pay for a PPV and you are super cool or it's "the norm" to steal it or watch for free.
I think people have grown accustomed to watching sports for free, why they think its acceptable is beyond me... i personally pay the MLB $60/game because a true fan will want to pay to watch a sport they love.

i think they're talking about streamers. if each stream got different ID embedded somehow, that means they could identify the guy who bought the stream and shared it. not the thousands of ppl watching that stolen stream.

this all assuming this has any truth to it, but it's all bullshit. they probably trying to scare some 8 years old Jake fans

I didnt stream it. I forgot about the fight. In all honesty if you paid 50 bucks for this crap you deserve to lose your money.

Triller should pay $49.99 to everyone that tuned in for that horrible production value. Bieber actually looked embarrassed to be a part of that...and dude does practically anything that has a check waiting for him.

Back