TRUE custom Winning 16oz

Yeah, it gets very uncomfortable after a few rounds. It makes me sweat and the cheeks don't make it easy to breathe

Dammit, why was this never mentioned in the millions of reviews i've read about the 2900 before i purchased one? I've read a assload of reviews for the FG-2900 and not one of them mentioned it getting extremely hot and suffocating. Only after i make the purchase is when i see GB make a mention of it. Just my luck.

It does absorbs shots very damn well though. I think for this reason i can overlook it. I think i'll get accustomed to it. Well i really have no choice.

Damn, so that's the major flaw to the FG-2900 eh?

ANY headgear makes one sweat a lot more, regardless of what type or kind imo. I know some headgear isn't as bad but I don't think headgear will ever keep you cool unless you just went without headgear

I've only used the headgear in one session Strato, but by the end of the rounds, i just wanted the thing off my head. It felt like my whole head was sweltering. It could have been the fit though.

Last edited:
Yeah, it gets very uncomfortable after a few rounds. It makes me sweat and the cheeks don't make it easy to breathe[/QUOTE

Dammit, why was this never mentioned in the millions of reviews i've read about the 2900 before i purchased one? I've read a assload of reviews for the FG-2900 and not one of them mentioned it getting extremely hot and suffocating. Only after i make the purchase is when i see GB make a mention of it. Just my luck.

It does absorbs shots very damn well though. I think for this reason i can overlook it. I think i'll get accustomed to it. Well i really have no choice.

I've only used the headgear in one session Strato, but by the end of the rounds, i just wanted the thing off my head. It felt like my whole head was sweltering. It could have been the fit though.

Feeling the same way here buddy. FG2900 is the sauna suit of the headgears, but I still love it :)

I sweat alot in my FG-2900 but i do sweat alot even without the headgear so i thought it just me.
Now i know the this particular headgear is also one of the reasons.

Great headgear nonetheless. Much better compared to anything i have used before.

All headgear ive ever owned and ive owned alot makes me sweat alot more.

All headgear ive ever owned and ive owned alot makes me sweat alot more.

Honestly, no headgear makes me sweat. None. I could wear one and just chill till it's my turn to spar. But if I wear the fg 2900 I'm sweating bullets. I'm tired before I even go through the ropes

Honestly, no headgear makes me sweat. None. I could wear one and just chill till it's my turn to spar. But if I wear the fg 2900 I'm sweating bullets. I'm tired before I even go through the ropes

Lmao damn golden you got a pulse bro?

I'm kind of glad I never got the 2900 cuz I am a head sweater. I was never a sweaty drenched glove guy. But sweating from the head is a different story.

Lmao damn golden you got a pulse bro?

I'm kind of glad I never got the 2900 cuz I am a head sweater. I was never a sweaty drenched glove guy. But sweating from the head is a different story.

Lol. If I know I'm next to spar I like to have all my stuff on and ready. Sadly if I do this with the fg 2900 I sweat bullets, if I do this with say for example the campeon headgear, I'm okay.

I'm still trying to get the winning competition headgear and get it in genuine leather to see if it doesn't get as hot

How are the gloves Strato, do you tend to use them more than other ones?

No, i do use them pretty often though. When the fairtex gloves screw up my hands/wrists i just kept alternating: using winning or my custom r2c.

I couldnt use my mexican customs at all on the bag and i took that week off sparring so no beaulieu either.

Ill never use fairtex again.

So yeah i used winning while waiting for my hands and wrist to heal up while NOT giving up training.

I think the syn leather on syn leather makes the fg really hot because the sweat has no way of being absorbed and just gets everywhere. But if you don't sweat in headgear you arent human, even my kanpeki headgear makes me sweat profusely. Headgear is hot and sorta uncomfortable it what I've come to realize.

Maybe because I am so used to wearing a football helmet that headgear really doesn't seem to bother me (assuming it fits correctly)

I think Bryan, that's partly because as far as I know you've always had quality headgear. If you buy some of the "Other" brands out there, they become bulky.

Speaking of I really would like to get a FG-2900 to see what the fuss is about. I mean I bought Winning gloves to see if they hold true and they did. So im pretty excited about the 2900. I just wish it was leather constructed instead of Synthetic leather, but as outlined before... it is a weight issue.

Wait GB is that even an option?!

Yeah, I think I've said this before.

But yeah man, just get one in leather. I'd recommend a leather buckle closure too imo, it won't choke, it'll stay put more snug than the plastic clip and its more durable.

I'm not 100% sure that if you get it in leather it'll alleviate the problem, because of how the headgear just sits. But lemme just put it this way.. I wouldn't get my next winning headgear in artificial leather, I'd get mine in genuine leather.

If you are looking for purple gloves I would hold off for the next week. Something cool coming out soon!

What the heck Dan I thought you said the new stuff wouldnt be coming out until spring 14?

Back