Television True Detective: Night Country- Season 4

it's a little hard to keep up with who is related to whom in this one. I have to talk it out withe the wife after.
so the connection then would be the sign, which is basically a symbol of the "older than the ice" entity, or world, or whatever it is, which is basically the same with what Rust discussed with the old lady in the bayou - "rejoice, death is not the end", Carcosa, those tree vine hanging rectangular constructs, etc.

so the connection then would be the sign, which is basically a symbol of the "older than the ice" entity, or world, or whatever it is, which is basically the same with what Rust discussed with the old lady in the bayou - "rejoice, death is not the end", Carcosa, those tree vine hanging rectangular constructs, etc.

the series opens with a quote from the yellow king work, which is not an actual quote but one the showrunner came up with to tie it back. Then yes the spiral which is a broken flat circle, Rust's father living in Ennis and being a part of this event from the afterlife, the tuttle family who were the senator/powerful elite seeming at the top of the cult in s1 also being the financial backers of the science lab in ennis in s4. There's some scribblings in the trailer that include yellow king type corsca references s1 also had.

There's a couple other small easter egg tie backs too I'm forgetting.

Oh yea, and the process plant where the native cleaning woman works and the redhead's abusive boyfriend gets arrested in is called "Blue King" and the redhead definitely is in one the cult stuff she recognized the symbol and had a very weird reaction but lied in ep 2.

Last edited:
Second episode was all boring filler. Hopefully this isn't the direction of the show.

i liked the second episode
i just know though it's going to be explained at the end by some spore or bacteria that caused them to lose their mind or something like that, and which causes all sorts of hallucinations in the local population, including driving those deer to jump off the cliff.
it's going to be underwhelming to a lot of people because of it.

yeah makes sense.

-lots of talk of the water going to shit right around when things went off the rails.
-Navarro brushes her teeth, goes for a drive
-sees a polar bear with the same shaped wound as Annie K that could be her subconscious.

But it also seems like they are letting the supernatural seep in the real world and effect like these are vision quests. That lady hallucinating a ghost doesn't explain the ghost leading her to an icy murder scene in the middle of the pitch black. Or multiple characters having the same "she's awake" experience. Maybe the polar bear having the same wound will lead to who killed Annie, etc.

With the scientists looking for a cure to cell decay seems like Carter was trying to bring back Annie via a mix of science and the occult stuff and maybe that's who is "awake"....her spirit of vengeance. Goes with Prior's kids drawing the angry native woman surrounded by dead men.

"Liz had some vague relationship with Leah's dad who died in unexplained accident" is not a clear as day description of how Liz became this girl's adoptive parent you dummy.

Leah tells Liz her dad wouldn't expect Liz to parent her in ep 1, yet Liz choose to make this huge choice anyway. If their connection is clear as day explain why Liz made this choice and why liz treats leah's ethnic background so poorly.

that is unless you have a very murky understanding of their connection. This really wouldn't make sense of they were married like you implied. Are you even watching?

It’s not vague. They were either married or dating.

It’s not vague. They were either married or dating.
Leah told Liz her dad wouldn’t expect Liz to be her mom in the first episode. How does that make any sense if Liz was her stepmom when the dad died? Why did Liz take her in anyway if she wasn’t obligated to and doesn’t like leah’s ethnic background? You seem to have a pretty vague grasp of this.

I've been to Alaska and northern Iceland. I've also been north of the arctic circle in Finland. The landscapes can be extremely similar. So what is upsetting about this choice? Iceland is a film/tv making hub and Alaska isn't so it's a budget thing.
You missed the point I was making.
Casting Jodi Foster as your lead is very 2024? Hollywood has been casting Jodi foster as a lead for like forty fucking years lol. I thought Kali Reis is great casting. Guys have been bitching forever that hollywood women in tough roles aren't believable and Kali is believable as the tough local. Impressed with her acting for her not being one as her main job.
Jodie Foster is way overrated.

Season 4 blows. Is what it is.

Leah told Liz her dad wouldn’t expect Liz to be her mom in the first episode. How does that make any sense if Liz was her stepmom when the dad died? Why did Liz take her in anyway if she wasn’t obligated to and doesn’t like leah’s ethnic background? You seem to have a pretty vague grasp of this.
Maybe that he wouldn't have expected to Liz to continue raising Leah if they had only been dating

Maybe that he wouldn't have expected to Liz to continue raising Leah if they had only been dating
Then why did she? She's a very cold person who has acute disdain for leah's ethnic background. I ask because a poster said who she is to Liz is clear.

Is there copy of the andor s1 dvd in Carter's trailer or something? Struggling to find the connection here.

Andor was a great show, probably the best thing Disney has made in a long time. Low viewership. I don't think that's necessarily the best indicator of whether a show is actually good.

So while it may be doing well 2 episodes in, the show itself, leaves a lot to be desired. I am open minded though, will keep watching and hopefully it improves.

Andor was a great show, probably the best thing Disney has made in a long time. Low viewership. I don't think that's necessarily the best indicator of whether a show is actually good.

So while it may be doing well 2 episodes in, the show itself, leaves a lot to be desired. I am open minded though, will keep watching and hopefully it improves.

It's been five years since the last true detective season. In the 5 years leading up to Andor I can't count how many hours of star wars content disney spit out but it's a shit ton. You can't compare these two audiences and their burnout.

It's been five years since the last true detective season. In the 5 years leading up to Andor I can't count how many hours of star wars content disney spit out but it's a shit ton. You can't compare these two audiences and their burnout.

That's my point though, viewership is not necessarily a good indicator of how good a show is.

Seeing Rusts dad in this makes you wonder if ole Suck N Fuck did their jobs properly in S1.. they said the place they called had no records of a Cohle

Plot hole city

Back