Crime Trump found liable for fraud in NY civil case

It’s a bit more than “I don’t believe it”. Many others don’t. It’s a tax valuation being used. Thanks for playing and re-emphasizing you don’t get it (by your own account, not my own).
The judge never valued his property. He stated that there are records indicating that MaL had been valued at 18M.

Trump's bimbo lawyer, the one that doesn't read the forms she's supposed to fill and file for her clients, tried to give shit to the judge about valuing MaL at just 18M and that's when the judge corrected her as to what he said.

It’s a bit more than “I don’t believe it”. Many others don’t. It’s a tax valuation being used. Thanks for playing and re-emphasizing you don’t get it (by your own account, not my own).
"Many others don't" oh ok there big hoss lmao
"Many others" think dinosaurs are a hoax and the Earth is flat. Your incredulity doesn't shape reality.

The judge never valued his property. He stated that there are records indicated that MaL had been valued at 18M.
Not even 18, between 18 and 26 or 27ish. And apparently based on the fact that the property is essentially frozen as-is, that seems to make perfect sense lol

"Many others don't" oh ok there big hoss lmao
"Many others" think dinosaurs are a hoax and the Earth is flat. Your incredulity doesn't shape reality.
The prosecutor. They brought the charges. They cited the “market value” as those numbers. Trumps financials were under “fair market value”. They’re two distinct things. Keep trying to stand on someone else’s shoulders when you’re oblivious to the subject matter.

It’s comical that using CNN wasn’t even enough to satisfy. Enjoy your day mate.

The prosecutor. They brought the charges. They cited the “market value” as those numbers. Trumps financials were under “fair market value”. They’re two distinct things. Keep trying to stand on someone else’s shoulders when you’re oblivious to the subject matter.
I think it's interdasting that you would criticize me for having a lay understanding of the subject matter, while simultaneously ignoring @panamaican and his very obvious and detailed professional expertise. Kinda makes it seem like you have no interest in approaching the subject out of good faith (which also tracks with your principal objection being based on personal incredulity lol).

I think it's interdasting that you would criticize me for having a lay understanding of the subject matter, while simultaneously ignoring @panamaican and his very obvious and detailed professional expertise. Kinda makes it seem like you have no interest in approaching the subject out of good faith (which also tracks with your principal objection being based on personal incredulity lol).
He said it had restricted use. I never disputed that. We disagreed that the tax valuation was representative of the fair market value. They aren’t the same thing, cnn author and whoever they cited for their clearly liberal slant agree.

Have a good one though.

He said it had restricted use. I never disputed that. We disagreed that the tax valuation was representative of the fair market value. They aren’t the same thing, cnn author and whoever they cited for their clearly liberal slant agree.

Have a good one though.
....and the fair market value is bracketed in by the various zoning, land use, and business regulations stipulated for that specific property. In this case, it is dramatic because the property is historic and comes with extremely onerous and restrictive rules that would prevent anyone from extending the value much beyond where it is already at.

....and the fair market value is bracketed in by the various zoning, land use, and business regulations stipulated for that specific property. In this case, it is dramatic because the property is historic and comes with extremely onerous and restrictive rules that would prevent anyone from extending the value much beyond where it is already at.
You gonna regurgitate someone else’s work some more? Go argue with the cnn writer. I’m sure they’d love to hear from you.

before one of you go nuts, none of it absolves trump but merely highlights the headline grabbing valuation gap is misleading.

You’re being obtuse.
The judge can only value something based on what’s put in front of him. Since the defendant only put up a ridiculous valuation based on moonbeams in front of him, prudence says the judge should take the prosecution’s figures, which are based on official documentation for an admittedly secondary purpose, as a starting point. As many have said here, the judge hast specifically stated that it’s worth 25 million. He’s just stating a fact that for tax valuation, it’s 25 million, so a billion dollars is out of the question.
If the idiot had done what any prudent person would have done, like in the article you linked, he would’ve gotten three independent valuations and put forward the average of the three as a credible valuation.

But we know that number would’ve been nowhere near what he was claiming.

You gonna regurgitate someone else’s work some more? Go argue with the cnn writer. I’m sure they’d love to hear from you.
Well I don't have a direct line to that CNN author so it might be a bit difficult, not that this appeal to authority has any merit anyway.
I think honestly you just need to pick a lane. When I summarize Pan's points, i'm regurgitating. I'm also apparently ignorant. But Pan's an expert, but also you totally disregard his explanation. But a CNN opinion piece that barely touches on the most important portions of the explanation? Solid gold. Oh and also you just can't believe this business anyway.
What's really going on here imo is that you were initially unaware -totally- of Mar-A-Lago being a historic property (as most of us were, myself included) and simply refuse to adjust your understanding of the issue. It actually makes total sense, but to hell with that.

You’re being obtuse.
The judge can only value something based on what’s put in front of him. Since the defendant only put up a ridiculous valuation based on moonbeams in front of him, prudence says the judge should take the prosecution’s figures, which are based on official documentation for an admittedly secondary purpose, as a starting point. As many have said here, the judge hast specifically stated that it’s worth 25 million. He’s just stating a fact that for tax valuation, it’s 25 million, so a billion dollars is out of the question.
If the idiot had done what any prudent person would have done, like in the article you linked, he would’ve gotten three independent valuations and put forward the average of the three as a credible valuation.

But we know that number would’ve been nowhere near what he was claiming.
I never disputed he overvalued it. The prosecutor picked the tax assessed value and compared that to his “made up” fair market value to get the biggest bang for their buck on the headline. They would never match.

I never disputed he overvalued it. The prosecutor picked the tax assessed value and compared that to his “made up” fair market value to get the biggest bang for their buck on the headline. They would never match.
In this case, of course, they didn't just "not match", but were off by hundreds of millions of dollars lmao. His "made up" fair market value was indeed a total wild fabrication.
giphy.gif

In this case, of course, they didn't just "not match", but were off by hundreds of millions of dollars lmao. His "made up" fair market value was indeed a total wild fabrication.
giphy.gif
Again, that wasn’t my point. The prosecutor used an incorrect value and I pointed it out. Now cnn has an article on it saying just as much because I originally posted a NYpost article and ya’ll dummies came out of the woodwork telling me I was dumb. Good job you played yourself.

you’ll have your upvotes from angrycrow,andrew, Jack, and others shortly. Hang tight for the circle jerk.

Again, that wasn’t my point. The prosecutor used an incorrect value and I pointed it out. Now cnn has an article on it saying just as much because I originally posted a NYpost article and ya’ll dummies came out of the woodwork telling me I was dumb. Good job you played yourself.

you’ll have your upvotes from angrycrow,andrew, Jack, and others shortly. Hang tight for the circle jerk.
The value range wasn't incorrect, it was an estimate. And based on the apparently numerous and stringent restrictions on the property, a reasonable one. You're desperately trying to a) create a distinction without a difference and then b) use it to undercut or ignore the entire basis for Trumps issues here. Oh the numbers were wrong, oh it's political, oh the prosecutors are exaggerating to make it all look worse than it is. No sane person thinks that property is worth less than a bazillion doll hairs. Bloobity blah blah blah.
Fraud. He's a fraud.

The value range wasn't incorrect, it was an estimate. And based on the apparently numerous and stringent restrictions on the property, a reasonable one. You're desperately trying to a) create a distinction without a difference and then b) use it to undercut or ignore the entire basis for Trumps issues here. Oh the numbers were wrong, oh it's political, oh the prosecutors are exaggerating to make it all look worse than it is. No sane person thinks that property is worth less than a bazillion doll hairs. Bloobity blah blah blah.
Fraud. He's a fraud.
It’s a tax assessed value. Are you dense? Oh wait you’re just using someone else’s words and passing it off as you’re own knowledge. How could I forget.

It’s a tax assessed value. Are you dense? Oh wait you’re just using someone else’s words and passing it off as you’re own knowledge. How could I forget.
Saaaays the guy telling me to go fight it out with a CNN opinion piece author lol

Have a good one though.
No, you ignored that the Palm Countty assessment was the market value. I underlined it the first time I said it.

And on a broader note, many municipalities use the market value for the tax assessed value. In those areas, they are in fact the same thing.

No, you ignored that the Palm Countty assessment was the market value. I underlined it the first time I said it.

And on a broader note, many municipalities use the market value for the tax assessed value. In those areas, they are in fact the same thing.
The GAAP fair market value (presumably what trump was using in a financial statement for bank purposes) would most likely not use a tax assessed fair value.

If the tax assessed value is the fair market value you better let the authorities know every property being sold is overvalued in the county. But, hey, you’re an attorney give CNN a shout to dispute what they wrote there too, give your firm a boost in business with some national exposure.

The GAAP fair market value (presumably what trump was using in a financial statement for bank purposes) would most likely not use a tax assessed fair value.

If the tax assessed value is the fair market value you better let the authorities know every property being sold is overvalued in the county. But, hey, you’re an attorney give CNN a shout to dispute what they wrote there too, give your firm a boost in business with some national exposure if you’re right.
Trump lost a fraud case because the numbers he was putting on financial statements were not true. I don't care what he puts on the paperwork when he was lying on the paperwork, lol.

The county used fair market value and he agreed with it. There really isn't anything else to argue about when it comes to the economic value of the property in discussion.

Back