Elections Trump wants a billion dollars from oil for election. Promises them an easy time if elected .

How can anyone really be for this??? Seriously? I lean conservative, but even a fool like myself knows this is some flaw ass shit if true.
I don’t believe he said it . We are going to see a lot of the weekly “Trump said something according to someone “ who probably is going to try and sell a book or a interview

I don’t believe he said it . We are going to see a lot of the weekly “Trump said something according to someone “ who probably is going to try and sell a book or a interview
Yes, that’s why I said if true. We all know a lot of things reported are actually not. Though many were even ok with it, thinking it were true. That’s pretty darn gross imo.

You do stuff rich people like, they give you money to finance your campaign so you can get elected again. It's simple.
Studies showing it doesn't work like that just use absurd exaggerations.
Example, a candidate with billions on hand may receive hundreds of millions from big oil and not help them.
Or show how the candidate with the most money doesn't always win.

The main point remains, you need a considerable sum to win a major election and you need to do stuff rich people like. It's not like a direct bribe where you do exactly what the person paying you wants but it's still something to think about.
I think the issue here is that Trump is doing something that is a lot closer to a direct bribe than is usual for American politics.

Of course you don't, because you're a dumb simp. I bet you never read the Washington Post article either. Here it is though, for your reference,
But he claims he's not a trumper, but defends trump at every opportunity. And when there's video, audio and witnesses all showing the same thing he remains skeptical because Donald Trump has done so much to earn any skepticism of his many public crimes.

People like @ShadowRun are painfully stupid.

But he claims he's not a trumper, but defends trump at every opportunity. And when there's video, audio and witnesses all showing the same thing he remains skeptical because Donald Trump has done so much to earn any skepticism of his many public crimes.

People like @ShadowRun are painfully stupid.
Inb4 he pretends to have me on ignore.

This is what republicans do, no other Republican candidate would be different. Even if he didn’t directly say it to them, they know it’s true. He made Rex Tillerson Secretary of State.

The USA could be under a cloud of smog, with every forest on fire, and Republicans would still cut regulations and defund environmental protections

Favorable or unfavorable legislation does affect gas prices? Lol. You're thinking they'll just eat additional expenses and not increase prices, and it's just more of Biden's bad luck that his "unfavorable legislation" happened to coincide with a massive price increase?
I explained how this works in another post. Again, oil is supplied and purchased on international markets. The *change* in production annually by the U.S. is immaterial to it (look at the numbers), and the change in U.S. production that can be attributed to anything a president does (as opposed to market dynamics, discoveries, etc.) is immaterial to U.S. production changes.
Biden himself certainly seems to think the president affects gas prices when he shattered the record for releasing oil from the strategic reserves in an effort to lower prices in the weeks leading up to the midterms.
If Biden thinks that, he's wrong. You're allowed to think for yourself, you know. You don't have to blindly agree with whoever is in power. You're a grown man. You shouldn't need me to tell you that.

That was pretty accurate and succinct.

The problem is, the people you're saying that to don't care. Anything bad that can be blamed on a political enemy will be, and any good will be ignored.
Yeah, I've noticed that it's really inconsistent (when gas prices move against the narrative, hacks never credit the other party/blame their own).

Yeah, I've noticed that it's really inconsistent (when gas prices move against the narrative, hacks never credit the other party/blame their own).

The issues they care about aren't, really. I mean obviously people care about inflation but they have no idea why it happens or who can fix it or how.

I have yet to hear anyone give compelling evidence the GOP fixes anything ever. It's all culture war bullshit and fairy tales.

The open borders are no more open now than they were under Trump. That said, people here have told me treating migrants cruelly is better because it deters them.

Blaming Democrats for inflation while ignoring record profiteering by corporations is insane. All it does is get in the way of finding real solutions and addressing the actual issues.

The issues they care about aren't, really. I mean obviously people care about inflation but they have no idea why it happens or who can fix it or how.

I have yet to hear anyone give compelling evidence the GOP fixes anything ever. It's all culture war bullshit and fairy tales.

The open borders are no more open now than they were under Trump. That said, people here have told me treating migrants cruelly is better because it deters them.

Blaming Democrats for inflation while ignoring record profiteering by corporations is insane. All it does is get in the way of finding real solutions and addressing the actual issues.
Good post overall, but I wouldn't say profiteering is the issue. If people are getting more money to spend at a faster rate than they're getting new stuff (including services) to buy, you either get shortages or price increases. I wouldn't blame companies or want to use policy levers to encourage the shortage option. The burst of inflation around the world was just part of the pandemic recovery.

That's what I was talking about.
So we should do nothing? Or do you have a solution. I'll stick with the climate scientists and their solutions over someone on the internet. Seriously, I feel you all just don't want to do anything about it. We got one planet to live on and I'd rather future generations have a sustainable planet to live on

I explained how this works in another post. Again, oil is supplied and purchased on international markets. The *change* in production annually by the U.S. is immaterial to it (look at the numbers), and the change in U.S. production that can be attributed to anything a president does (as opposed to market dynamics, discoveries, etc.) is immaterial to U.S. production changes.

If Biden thinks that, he's wrong. You're allowed to think for yourself, you know. You don't have to blindly agree with whoever is in power. You're a grown man. You shouldn't need me to tell you that.
Cool, so sounds like there's nothing for Trump to "bribe" them with that could change at all from what Biden is doing, and you've fallen for yet another fake story from "anonymous sources familiar with the matter".

Good post overall, but I wouldn't say profiteering is the issue. If people are getting more money to spend at a faster rate than they're getting new stuff (including services) to buy, you either get shortages or price increases. I wouldn't blame companies or want to use policy levers to encourage the shortage option. The burst of inflation around the world was just part of the pandemic recovery.

Except several corporations rode shortages they weren't experiencing to inflate their prices because they could.

Not profiteering?

So we should do nothing? Or do you have a solution. I'll stick with the climate scientists and their solutions over someone on the internet. Seriously, I feel you all just don't want to do anything about it. We got one planet to live on and I'd rather future generations have a sustainable planet to live on
These devoted Christians give zero fucks what happens to anyone once they're gone.

Cool, so sounds like there's nothing for Trump to "bribe" them with that could change at all from what Biden is doing, and you've fallen for yet another fake story from "anonymous sources familiar with the matter".
Are you at all capable of understanding that soliciting a bribe is an issue whether or not it is accepted?

I'm guessing no.

Here's a far-right conspiracy nutter source for you @Jack V Savage

Jesus christ dude, did you even read what you linked? This was a power company bribing republican politicians to get rid of green energy efficiency standards and bail out failing nuclear power and coal plants. At what point do you reflect and realize you're a sucker?

In Ohio, officials began investigating FirstEnergy and AEP after lawmakers passed House Bill 6 in 2019. That bill gutted the state’s energy efficiency standards, bailed out FirstEnergy’s struggling nuclear plants with $1.2 billion in public funds, and propped up AEP’s coal plants with a $243 million subsidy.

FBI agents eventually discovered that FirstEnergy had secretly donated more than $60 million to groups controlled by Householder, then Ohio’s House speaker, in exchange for passing the bill. The company pleaded guilty in 2021 and has been cooperating with investigators.

There's lots that they can get. Not sure how this is so hard for you to understand. The theory that the only possible thing policymakers can do to benefit oil companies is magically raise prices makes no sense.

Do you have any evidence for your theory that it's fake? Who is faking it if it is? You also seem kind of torn between claiming it didn't happen and claiming that corruption is good if the corrupt politicians have the right letter next to their name. Can you clarify?

Are you at all capable of understanding that soliciting a bribe is an issue whether or not it is accepted?

I'm guessing no.
And you are clearly not at all capable of noticing the pattern of the same people falling for every single fake story day after day for like 10 years.

As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me day after day for a decade, the bad orange man is a jerk

Back