Tsarukyan's coach not happy Arman calling out Islam Makhachev

User9992

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Coach admits he was not happy to see Arman Tsarukyan challenge Islam Makhachev​

Seems like Arman Tsarukyan's coach doesn't believe he is ready for Islam just yet... but needs more time to prepare.

Hey... I'm cool with every single UFC winner wanting to fight the Champion !!!

And if a guy gets the Mic after a victory and wants to say he is in the game to be the Champion... Good for him.

It may not be realistic for the guy to get a title shot just yet, but Bully for him to state his ambition.

Why shouldn't he call out the champion. He seems to be in peak performance and ready to go. I rather people call out the champ than some over the hill veteran.

I dont know why not? What the fuck is he here for? He should be more mad at arman for wasting time w a mid carder like Green. He Kayoed Dariush,how more ready does he got to be?
It makes more sense when you hear the quotes in the vid. It's a short clip.

He's basically saying that these things tend to backfire when you state you're on that level, that the world champion for sure will be KO'd in a round etc.
He understands Arman's position and that it's good to get attention, but tactically they don't know yet where they stand against Islam. As Beneil has a different style,
this fight didn't prove any progress in regards to what had him lose to Islam in their fight.

Why shouldn't he call out the champion. He seems to be in peak performance and ready to go. I rather people call out the champ than some over the hill veteran.
maybe the coach sees something that he doesn’t and needs more time to get to Islam’s level.

It makes more sense when you hear the quotes in the vid. It's a short clip.

He's basically saying that these things tend to backfire when you state you're on that level, that the world champion for sure will be KO'd in a round etc.
He understands Arman's position and that it's good to get attention, but tactically they don't know yet where they stand against Islam. As Beneil has a different style,
this fight didn't prove any progress in regards to what had him lose to Islam in their fight.
That's silly. Dariush does nothing like Islam and no one else in the division has the skills Islam has. The fight could have went on for 13 minutes and regardless of what happens, would have no barring on a matchup with Islam. There is no one fight that will have him fully prepared for what Islam brings.

That shouldn't stop you from trying to go after the champ.

I feel like his coach may be correct here. He looks absolutely fantastic lately however he has already lost once to Islam; it probably makes sense in terms of positioning to ensure he is as ready as possible because he's not likely to receive a third opportunity if he were to lose twice, even if it were due to inexperience.

What a dumb statement and way to declare your trust in your pupil's skills and potential.

Tsarukyan turned 27 two months ago. Even if he did fight Islam and lose again, he has plenty of time to develop further. He's not going anywhere.

Back