PBP TUF 31 Team Chandler vs. Team McGregor Watch Party PbP and full season discussion: Tuesdays 10 ET

Which team will win?

• Team Chandler

• Team McGregor

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hi folks. The Ultimate Fighter returns with Season 31 Tuesday May 30. It features a coaching matchup between former two-division champ Conor McGregor and onetime lightweight title challenger Michael Chandler, a former Bellator champion. When they fight at end of the season it will be McGregor's first fight since July 2021 when he broke his leg. Fighters on the teams are at lightweight and bantamweight.

This thread is for play by play discussion of each show and the entire season. That will make it easy to follow. We'll sticky it in the heavies a couple days a week and it will bounce between there and the So You Wanna Be a Fighter forum.

We welcome relevant comments on previous and upcoming episodes. Please follow the forum rules and keep the conversation civil. Enjoy the show!

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER 31 WATCH PARTY PBP THREAD

e8MG0en.jpg

Team McGregor vs Team Chandler
Lightweights

• Lee Hammond
  • Kurt Holobaugh
  • Austin Hubbard
  • Nate Jennerman
  • Jason Knight
  • Aaron McKenzie
  • Landon Quinones
  • Roosevelt Roberts
Bantamweights
  • Hunter Azure
  • Rico DiSciullo
  • Cody Gibson
  • Mando Gutierrez
  • Brad Katona
  • Timur Valiev
  • Carlos Vera
  • Trevor Wells
How To Watch:
United States

• Tuesdays, 10pm ET / 7pm PT on ESPN and ESPN+
  • (ESPN Deportes & ESPN+ for Spanish broadcast)
Canada

I miss the days when you had to fight to get in the show. Or when there was like 16 people competing in the same division so they had to win 3 fights on the show, not two.

Nothing too much to complain about. The focal point is obviously the coaches. Glad it seems to be like a comeback season too. I'll watch it for sure

I'll be watching mainly to see if McGregor digs himself a hole mouthing Chandler like he did against Khabib. I suspect that Chandler won't be nice enough to slap on a sub in their fight though...

Last edited:
I’d love to see more of an emphasis on the training, development and game planning for each fighter and team.
Same here. There have been some recent seasons that have emphasized this, for example Volkanovski & Ortega and Nunes & Pena. This one will probably be more of a wild card.

Same here. There have been some recent seasons that have emphasized this, for example Volkanovski & Ortega and Nunes & Pena. This one will probably be more of a wild card.
the UFC has a real opportunity to paint conor as a thoughtful tactician with good ring IQ. This will help the conversation when he retires assuming he chooses to continue in the sport as a coach/gym owner/trainer.

I hope they go this route instead of playing the bombastic drama reality tv game for the whole season

Wasn't that Brad Katona in the UFC before aswell? I sort of remember that name. And wasn't Cody Gibson that dude that got knocked out by a casual at some night club?
Think you got it mixed up, Gibson got sucker punched and then proceeded to go at the dude. While repeating the phrase "Google me, bro".

Jason Knight trying to get back to the UFC.

And Brad Katona, who actually won TUF already back in 2017 lol.

Katona went 2-2 in the UFC, losing to Merab and Hunter Azure, who are both good fighters, before being cut. Crazy that he didn't get more chances.

Wasn't that Brad Katona in the UFC before aswell? I sort of remember that name. And wasn't Cody Gibson that dude that got knocked out by a casual at some night club?

Half the fighters used to be in the UFC. One team of UFC vets and one team of newbies is the theme for the season.

Back