Television TV Show Thread

there arent that many good comedies anymore

back in the day you got seinfeld, it's always sunny, the office, two and a half men, blue mountain state, trailer park boys etc

I cannot name a single funny show that's currently ongoing

if you know one please recommend
Toast of London made me laugh a lot.
ElementaryWickedIndianhare-max-1mb.gif

OA was good. Provoking & I dug the Guedjieff esotericism & dance thing going on & the puzzle/maze storyline as well.
That said I didn’t care for ending.

I do like the first movie Brit Marling did Another Earth. Sad and good at the same time.
U may wanna give that a watch.
images

After the NFL season I think I’m gonna give Hunters a whirl.

Have you seen Sound of My Voice? I thought it was really good. There's some handshake/greeting thing going on that reminded me a bit of the esoteric dance stuff from the OA. Made me a Marling fan.

8gCOPIZ.jpg

Have you seen Sound of My Voice? I thought it was really good. There's some handshake/greeting thing going on that reminded me a bit of the esoteric dance stuff from the OA. Made me a Marling fan.

8gCOPIZ.jpg

Thanks Jack, gotta another to add to my list.
I’m a fan of hers & the cut of her very creative jib. Smart gal.

Still don’t like the ending of OA though lol.. I could be wrong but felt series overreached grasp at that point & where was possibly heading.

back in the day you got seinfeld, it's always sunny, the office, two and a half men, blue mountain state, trailer park boys etc

Not ongoing but I always like to recommend Detectorists.

can't get into those british comedies at all doug

watch "Wayne" on Amazon, its pretty good.

in general, i agree, with you- TV comedy sucks.

i will think of a few good ones you maybe havent seen based on what youve said you liked.

Finished season 2 of Warrior last night. Great series, really really hope that the first two seasons do well on HBO Max and they commission a third.

Started watching Lupin, first episode was decent,

edit: just watched episode 2, yeh, this is a keeper, gonna binge it this week.

But so far decent enough heist/robbery show (based around the original stories of Arsene Lupin, Gentleman Thief). Like anything, watch it in french with subs, none of this dubbed nonsense.

Last edited:

Not a laugh out loud comedy, but a drama that is lighthearted despite its subject...

I didn't like anything Ricky Gervais did up to now, never liked the office, and hated the two episodes I saw of extras. But After Life is emotionally touching, and at times very very funny.

+ PEDO

+ What?

+ PEDO

+ I'm not a pedo, and if i was, you'd be safe you tubby little ginger cunt :')

Finished season 2 of Warrior last night. Great series, really really hope that the first two seasons do well on HBO Max and they commission a third.

But so far decent enough heist/robbery show (based around the original stories of Arsene Lupin, Gentleman Thief). Like anything, watch it in french with subs, none of this dubbed nonsense.

Just finished Lupin, binged it over two days.

Enjoyed that, now waiting for the next episodes....

Modern, but the last episode gave me a few Agatha Christie vibes (but that would be the 1920s Arsene Lupin influence)

8.5/10 so far

Ethan Hawk Joins Marvel Studios' MOON KNIGHT Series as the Lead Villain

E4qMTOk.jpg

Ethan Hawke has made his Marvel. Making his comic book adaptation and super hero debut, Hawke has closed a deal to join Oscar Isaac in Moon Knight, Marvel Studios’ series for Disney+, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Hawke will play the series’ lead villain.

Isaac is toplining the show featuring one of Marvel’s cult characters and that is aiming for a March production start in Budapest.

May Calamawy, who is perhaps best known for her work in Hulu's Ramy, is already on the roll call.

Moon Knight has had several incarnations over the decades since his debut in 1975, from being an ex-Marine-turned-mercenary with multiple alter egos to being a conduit to conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, to most recently a dapper-dressed consultant. An aspect to the stories in the modern comics era has been tackling the mental illness of multiple personalities.

It is unclear who Hawke would play. Moon Knight's archnemesis is considered a villain named Bushman, a fellow mercenary who turned on the hero when Egyptian gold came into the picture.

Mohamed Diab, the Egyptian helmer behind Middle Eastern drama Clash, and Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, indie genre filmmaking team behind sci-fi horror movies The Endless and Synchronic, are directing the show.

Hawke’s career began in the mid-1980s with teen sci-fi movie Explorers but in the 35-plus years, he has avoided the comic book movie genre. He has, however, starred in genre works, helping launch hit horror franchises Sinister and The Purge.

His wide-ranging work has seen him twice nominated for an acting Oscar - for 2002’s Training Day and 2015’s Boyhood – and twice for writing – for 2005’s Before Sunrise and 2014’s Before Midnight.

He recently wrapped The Northman, a Viking revenge saga from Roberg Eggers that stars Anya-Taylor-Joy, and is coming off of strong notices for The Good Lord Bird, a historical drama he created and starred in.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-oscar-isaac-in-marvels-moon-knight-exclusive

I have said from the onset that Omar Sy should have been casted as Black Panther

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Live-Action TV Series in the Works from Jon Wick Writer

Gk5qP8X.jpg

Even as Paramount and Hasbro’s filmed entertainment studio, eOne, are in the casting stages of a live-action Dungeons & Dragons feature film, Habsro/eOne is also laying the groundwork for a television series based on the fantasy role playing game.

Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.

Affectionately referred to by fans as D&D, the game is known for its wars, treasure hunts, campaigns, camaraderie, and reversals of fortune, all in a setting that combines humans, elves, orcs and hundreds of other creatures. The game famously uses multisided dice in gameplay to further the imaginary story and is overseen by a host known as the Dungeon Master.

Launched in 1974, it was popularized in the 1980s. Its popularity has returned in recent years and, in fact, has soared anew during the pandemic, and found new fans thanks to videogame play and livestreams on Twitch and YouTube. In an earning call in October, Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner said sales had mushroomed 20 percent from 2019. Goldner also revealed that a series was being eyed.

Paramount and eOne are mounting a feature that will star Chris Pine that is due to lens later this year.

Kolstad isn’t the only scribe working on a D&D series, as eOne is now working with and looking for multiple writers to develop various projects set in the fantasy universe.

Kolstad helped launched the Wick action franchise, having written the original script, then titled Scorn, on spec. He also worked on the sequels John Wick: Chapter 2 and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. He is a writer on Marvel’s upcoming TV series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and co-created the Quibi series Die Hart, which starred Kevin Hart and John Travolta.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-in-the-works-with-john-wick-writer-exclusive

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Live-Action TV Series in the Works from Jon Wick Writer

Gk5qP8X.jpg

Even as Paramount and Hasbro’s filmed entertainment studio, eOne, are in the casting stages of a live-action Dungeons & Dragons feature film, Habsro/eOne is also laying the groundwork for a television series based on the fantasy role playing game.

Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.

Affectionately referred to by fans as D&D, the game is known for its wars, treasure hunts, campaigns, camaraderie, and reversals of fortune, all in a setting that combines humans, elves, orcs and hundreds of other creatures. The game famously uses multisided dice in gameplay to further the imaginary story and is overseen by a host known as the Dungeon Master.

Launched in 1974, it was popularized in the 1980s. Its popularity has returned in recent years and, in fact, has soared anew during the pandemic, and found new fans thanks to videogame play and livestreams on Twitch and YouTube. In an earning call in October, Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner said sales had mushroomed 20 percent from 2019. Goldner also revealed that a series was being eyed.

Paramount and eOne are mounting a feature that will star Chris Pine that is due to lens later this year.

Kolstad isn’t the only scribe working on a D&D series, as eOne is now working with and looking for multiple writers to develop various projects set in the fantasy universe.

Kolstad helped launched the Wick action franchise, having written the original script, then titled Scorn, on spec. He also worked on the sequels John Wick: Chapter 2 and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. He is a writer on Marvel’s upcoming TV series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and co-created the Quibi series Die Hart, which starred Kevin Hart and John Travolta.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-in-the-works-with-john-wick-writer-exclusive
Makes a ton more sense as a show than a movie.

I've put off watching the final season of Once Upon A Time for sooo long, but since I watched Aladdin yesterday I figured it was finally time...

What a convoluted mess the show became smh

curb your enthusiasm

Not a laugh out loud comedy, but a drama that is lighthearted despite its subject...

I didn't like anything Ricky Gervais did up to now, never liked the office, and hated the two episodes I saw of extras. But After Life is emotionally touching, and at times very very funny.

+ PEDO

+ What?

+ PEDO

+ I'm not a pedo, and if i was, you'd be safe you tubby little ginger cunt :')

This is a remarkably underrated show. Really does the overall theme of someone dealing with loss really well, and it has all of his normal snarky humor in it. Plus all the supporting characters (the hooker and mailman especially) are great.

It's Always Sunny.... is still going AFAIK.

Letterkenny is still going too, as is South Park. I think I heard somewhere that Key and Peele is coming back soon too.

Back