Television TV Show Thread

‘Quiet on Set’ Nickelodeon documentary left out a heap of information for whatever reason. My biggest take away was Dan was a real dickhead, egomaniac which can be said of about 90 percent of people with control in an industry.

Not excusing Dan being an ass but Nickelodeon should have seen that one coming a mile away. Dan had an absolute chokehold on Nick from the 90's to the late 2010's. Aside from Spongebob and a few animated series Dan is the primary reason Nick did not go out of business after the late 2000's imo.

I stumbled across this show Obituary.

About to finish S1 E1 . . . I think I might have to stick with this show.

Just be sure to fire up your favorite VPN . . .

The White Lotus is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Every scene felt like it dragged on 3 minutes too long. Every character is annoying. Got thru episode 3 then skipped to the end and It felt like we didnt miss anything. Fuck that show.

Not excusing Dan being an ass but Nickelodeon should have seen that one coming a mile away. Dan had an absolute chokehold on Nick from the 90's to the late 2010's. Aside from Spongebob and a few animated series Dan is the primary reason Nick did not go out of business after the late 2000's imo.
I have not watched all of it....but some of it was a stretch....they have this "Culture Writer" female just trying to connect dots that may not be there. One scene she said was a nod to cum shots was a kid superhero called the "nose" that sneezed, and snot flew on a ladies face.....It was clear snot, not jizz looking. I am fine skewing him for the things that matter, but some shit seems like disgruntled employees and child actors that never became anything. The foot thing......that I do see as bizarre.

Just finished Three Body Problem. This better have a second season. Totally set us up. The show is well done and interesting and is almost hitting all the notes. So close to being great, just not there yet.

One Piece (live action)

I loved it. They managed to give the show the feel of an anime which is a feat unto itself. The main character could have been annoying, but Iñaki Godoy plays him so perfectly it's nearly impossible not to like him.

10/10

Inaki-Godoy.jpg

One Piece (live action)

I loved it. They managed to give the show the feel of an anime which is a feat unto itself. The main character could have been annoying, but Iñaki Godoy plays him so perfectly it's nearly impossible not to like him.

10/10

Inaki-Godoy.jpg
I enjoyed this as well. They really did an amazing job casting this.

The Continental: From the World of John Wick on peacock is a fun watch. It’s a short series but each episode is about 90 minutes.

Just started first episode of Parasyte: The Grey.
Seems intriguing so far.
Also the lead actress, Jeon So-nee... do sure think she's purdy.

Parasyte-The-Grey.jpg

Directed by Yeon Sang Ho, who’s done a bunch acclaimed/good stuff I haven't seen, but I did watch Train to Busan.

Edit;
Finished it. Was decent.
Maybe 6.7/10

Last edited:
Just started first episode of Parasyte: The Grey.
Seems intriguing so far.
Also the lead actress, Jeon So-nee... do sure think she's purdy.

Parasyte-The-Grey.jpg

Directed by Yeon Sang Ho, who’s done a bunch acclaimed/good stuff I haven't seen, but I did watch Train to Busan.

Next on my list. Kprea hots the right notes for me with horror/sci fi. I loved:
#Alive
Squid Game
Kingdom
All of Us Are Dead
Sweet Home

@heavyarms21 Haven't been regularly following WWE in many years but I did tune in for this year's Wrestlemania. Main event was entertaining, especially near the end. They took a page out of the Marvel playbook with random popular wrestlers making cameo appearances. But I did like the Logan Paul, Kevin Owens and Randy Orton match better for its technical performances.

I've also been watching clips of The Rock's return before WM40, starting when he showcased his Family Tree. His heel turn is his best performance in a while, including movies. His trash talks were hilarious.

@heavyarms21 Haven't been regularly following WWE in many years but I did tune in for this year's Wrestlemania. Main event was entertaining, especially near the end. They took a page out of the Marvel playbook with random popular wrestlers making cameo appearances. But I did like the Logan Paul, Kevin Owens and Randy Orton match better for its technical performances.

I've also been watching clips of The Rock's return before WM40, starting when he showcased his Family Tree. His heel turn is his best performance in a while, including movies. His trash talks were hilarious.
Should have been in the live thread. We were popping off like the 4th of July.

Yeah I was definitely following all the lead up and hype and with Peacock being so cheap it was perfect to watch Wrestlemania, the HHH era as boss is in full effect

Should have been in the live thread. We were popping off like the 4th of July.
[Edit: Did not watch WM40 live.] I sometimes forget we have a pro wrestling sub forum. I'll try to check out the comments there.

I understood your signature. Took a brief deep dive on L.A. Knight a few weeks back. He feels like a Steve Austin-ish 2.0.

Looking forward to the next set Big 4 being lit . Summerslam , Survivor Series , Royal Rumble

Looking forward to the next set Big 4 being lit . Summerslam , Survivor Series , Royal Rumble
I wish they'd get rid of Survivor Series and replace it with Halloween Havoc.

Back