Crime TX man murders BLM protestor. Abbot vows to pardon murderer ASAP

Adolf also regarded the British Empire as a model for the Third Reich.

I miss the Good Old Days... 😈

I know a lot of Brits are tired of always being the villains in historical dramas, but history is what it is.

I know a lot of Brits are tired of always being the villains in historical dramas, but history is what it is.

Nah, I'm the type of guy who watches Star Wars movies and cheers for the Empire. I love the fact my ancestors raped, pillaged and burned their way across a quarter of the entire planet. :)

Nah, I'm the type of guy who watches Star Wars movies and cheers for the Empire. I love the fact my ancestors raped, pillaged and burned their way across a quarter of the entire planet. :)

I have a pretty soft image of Scotland, if I'm honest.

Two of my favorite movies from the eighties are Scottish and I'm sure you'd hate them.

Local Hero (my favorite movie of all time, the trailer is crap)
Restless Natives (another crap trailer but epic Big Country ending)

I have a pretty soft image of Scotland, if I'm honest.

Two of my favorite movies from the eighties are Scottish and I'm sure you'd hate them.

Local Hero (my favorite movie of all time, the trailer is crap)
Restless Natives (another crap trailer but epic Big Country ending)

I haven't actually seen Local Hero, but Restless Natives was awesome. The late, great Ned Beaty co-starred in it, IIRC.

I haven't actually seen Local Hero, but Restless Natives was awesome. The late, great Ned Beaty co-starred in it, IIRC.

Local Hero isn't for everyone. It's the story of an oil firm in Houston that needs to buy Ferness, Scotland to build a refinery in the bay. They send a negotiator to buy the village and it's about the effect his money has on the villagers and the effect their way of life has on him.

I was in Rome in the eighties for two months with my grandfather (who didn't speak English or French) and I was incredibly lonely. On a whim I bought a record called "Going Home" by Mark Knopfler, which was the title track from his score to Local Hero, which I had never heard of.

When I got home to Montreal I found and watched the movie, and fell in love with it. Not for everyone, maybe a bit dated, but those of us who love it love it for life. I've used obscure quotes from the film and had people look at me amazed, knowing exactly where it came from. "Dream large" is a great one. You should watch that clip.

Local Hero is one of Kermode’s favorites. been meaning to watch it for awhile now

Local Hero is one of Kermode’s favorites. been meaning to watch it for awhile now

Thanks for the head's up. I had never looked at a review of the film and had no idea it was so highly regarded. I just saw that Kermode thinks it's one of the best films ever made, and a comment he made about the nature of the film answers a question I've long had about the last scene.

I think this is by far the least of all the events that matter. Trying to press that the protest was "Illegal" will take a lot of effort. In this case check with the ACLU on their guide lines. While a lot of hate goes towards the ACLU they have represented far right activists in first amendment issues too. The city would have a major up hill battle trying to claim this was an "illegal" protest. So that line really falls flat. The city doesn't have to require people to get a permit, I don't know if one was issued or not.
You know that there was no permit. The police were told to stand down. The media treated the violent protests like they were something righteous. It was sickening to watch unfold and see so many on the left justifying it.

You don't have a right to drive or not be inconvenienced, so I don't see where this is some sticking point to try and justify the shooters action.
I don't need to. The protestor who brandished his weapon at Perry gave him all the justification he needed.

When you drive into a garage do you hit anything? If so you probably shouldn't be driving. Driving into a crowd of people, even if you don't hit anyone can be an act of aggression, no?
Have you seen the tape? He was at a full stop.

Yea prove he pointed his gun at Perry, the defense couldn't. So where did he lose his rights?
I'm not answering the "where did he lose his rights" straw man. The gun didn't need to be pointed directly at Perry's eyeball to qualify as a threat. Since you're pretending to have watched the whole trial, do you recall this officer's testimony?

Officer testifies Austin protester Garrett Foster had been warned about way he carried his rifle​

"
As jurors try to determine whether Austin protester Garrett Foster was pointing his rifle at Uber driver Daniel Perry before he killed Foster, a police officer testified he had seen officers warn Foster at previous protests that he was carrying his rifle in a dangerous manner.

Senior Austin officer Brent Cleveland said during Perry's trial late Thursday that Foster was "visibly and verbally not receptive" to the police criticism. Cleveland said he never spoke to Foster but had seen him carry an AK-47 in a strap slung with the barrel pointed down in previous protests. He told jurors that if Perry had raised the barrel even a small amount, it could be considered threatening."

You know that there was no permit. The police were told to stand down. The media treated the violent protests like they were something righteous. It was sickening to watch unfold and see so many on the left justifying it.
Lol show where there was any violence at this protest before Perry actions. I get you are another one that wants to classify every BLM protest as violent to justify sickening actions taken against this protester exercising multiple rights. However the violence that took place during this particular protest was carried out by the shooter who stated he wanted to take such actions. Apparently you find this key information unimportant.
I don't need to. The protestor who brandished his weapon at Perry gave him all the justification he needed
That's not how the law works. You don't get to take actions against others because you don't like or agree with what they are doing. Perry ran a red light turned when the road wasn't clear for him to do so, these actions are not to be ignored. Nor are his statement about how he would go about being able getting away with shooting protestor.
Have you seen the tape? He was at a full stop.
He was at a full stop because otherwise he would have driven into the protester. He started his actions and the protesters reacted in the short amount of time they had to react. You don't get to drive your vehicle into pedestrians in the street on purpose then claim you did nothing wrong.
I'm not answering the "where did he lose his rights" straw man. The gun didn't need to be pointed directly at Perry's eyeball to qualify as a threat. Since you're pretending to have watched the whole trial, do you recall this officer's testimony?
You don't want to answer the question because it's a key point that would make your backwards opinion wrong lol. Foster legally open carrying his firearm doesn't make him a threat. The same would apply to anyone open carrying where the laws allow them to do so. The police officers opinion isn't a statement of law. The way Foster was carrying the weapon was not against the law, otherwise the officer himself failed to enforce the law.

Foster was open carrying at a protest you don't like so you are fine with his death this is clear. You hold this opinion even though the jurry found the defenses evidence unsatisfactory include the officers statement to justify the murder of Foster.

You claim I'm making a strawman, yet you bring up other protest to show that this protest was violent. When Foster loses his right to open carry is very pivotal to this case and the fact you want to call it a strawman is ridiculous. You don't lose your rights because someone else creates a situation.

Officer testifies Austin protester Garrett Foster had been warned about way he carried his rifle​

"
As jurors try to determine whether Austin protester Garrett Foster was pointing his rifle at Uber driver Daniel Perry before he killed Foster, a police officer testified he had seen officers warn Foster at previous protests that he was carrying his rifle in a dangerous manner.

Senior Austin officer Brent Cleveland said during Perry's trial late Thursday that Foster was "visibly and verbally not receptive" to the police criticism. Cleveland said he never spoke to Foster but had seen him carry an AK-47 in a strap slung with the barrel pointed down in previous protests. He told jurors that if Perry had raised the barrel even a small amount, it could be considered threatening."
This guy was a real piece oh shit. He probably felt like a big man intimidating people with it.

This guy was a real piece oh shit. He probably felt like a big man intimidating people with it.
There's an interview with him. He was carrying it out of juvenile spite, because he felt all of his other rights were being trampled on.

Bad attitude to have if you're gonna gear up. You're looking to play the boss man.

There's an interview with him. He was carrying it out of juvenile spite, because he felt all of his other rights were being trampled on.

Bad attitude to have if you're gonna gear up. You're looking to play the boss man.
That interview was like an hour before he got killed too. "They won't let us block roads anymore so I started carrying my rifle. The people who hate us are pussies and won't do anything about it."

<6>

The VICTIM was a piece of shit? Not the guy who killed him? The guy who posted that he hoped he'd kill a black person that day? Sounds like you have a new hero.

It seems like republicans really do hate the law being enforced these days.
Nah, Antifa trash pointing guys at people and surrounding/attacking cars (which happened all the time during the Floyd terrorist riots) deserve what they get. If you want to see "law not being enfoced" go to big cities where Soros DAs let off actual murderers, rapists and thieves all of the time.

The VICTIM was a piece of shit? Not the guy who killed him? The guy who posted that he hoped he'd kill a black person that day? Sounds like you have a new hero.
He's my hero because I don't think people should be running around with AK's trying to intimidate others?

He's my hero because I don't think people should be running around with AK's trying to intimidate others?

He's your hero because you called his victim a piece of shit and not the far worse piece of shit who murdered him.

If you ever want to kill me, just act like a decent human being. The shock would give me a heart attack.

He's your hero because you called his victim a piece of shit and not the far worse piece of shit who murdered him.

If you ever want to kill me, just act like a decent human being. The shock would give me a heart attack.
Read the exchange. We were discussing the BLM POS being warned by the police about how he was acting. But, I'm well aware your partisan brain is incapable of understanding thats its possible I think both are a POS.

Back