Crime Tx school district wants to balance Holocaust books with opposing views

So if I see people are being replaced in their homelands I'm a nazi in your view? Yes or no?

What people are being replaced in their homeland dumb ass? How does one replace someone in their homeland? Tell me.

Yes or no? Is that too hard?

Do you think white people in America are being replaced by Jewish people? Yes or no?

The thing about The Great Replacement theory is that it is a lie. It was used to justify genocide.

So in what way are people being replaced? If it is genocide. Then yeah, definitely against genocide. But there is no genocide being committed against those turds carrying tikki torches. You know, the ones you agreed with and are still trying very hard to defend.

The House Bill calls for opposing views to debatable and controversial issues. Some would argue that the Holocaust is such an issue. Some would argue slavery is too.

“Teachers are literally afraid that we’re going to be punished for having books in our classes,” an elementary school teacher said. “There are no children’s books that show the ‘opposing perspective’ of the Holocaust or the ‘opposing perspective’ of slavery. Are we supposed to get rid of all of the books on those subjects?”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/southlake-texas-holocaust-books-schools-rcna2965

Republicans who support the House Bill who also claim the bill does not require opposing view of the Holocaust are showing bias, because they alone want to decide what is and is not a debatable and controversial issue.

There's nothing controversial or unknown about the Holocaust though. Maybe some debates on numbers, but that's about it. Same with slavery....what exactly is the opposing viewpoint on the facts of slavery in America? There isn't one?

However it's incredible that you conflate a flimsy theory, argued by you clowns as a legal course to university students, as a valid comparison in teaching basic facts about such notable historical events as WW2 and slavery in America.

How much more disingenuous can one be?

Sad take here. If you don't see the game being played I don't know what to say....

Do you think white people in America are being replaced by Jewish people? Yes or no?

The thing about The Great Replacement theory is that it is a lie. It was used to justify genocide.

So in what way are people being replaced? If it is genocide. Then yeah, definitely against genocide. But there is no genocide being committed against those turds carrying tikki torches. You know, the ones you agreed with and are still trying very hard to defend.

Some people do believe it is happening in western nations and many do in the US.

My issue with you was you slandering everyone as nazis in this day and age, which is dangerous, and I'm sure you don't believe everyone you paint with that is an actual nazi or neo nazi

Some people do believe it is happening in western nations and many do in the US.

My issue with you was you slandering everyone as nazis in this day and age, which is dangerous, and I'm sure you don't believe everyone you paint with that is an actual nazi or neo nazi

Those people are misguided at best and white nationalists at worst.

Me calling out people who use Nazi rhetoric is not dangerous. The actual Nazi rhetoric is what is dangerous. We have seen where something like the Great Replacement ct can get us.

Those people are misguided at best and white nationalists at worst.

Me calling out people who use Nazi rhetoric is not dangerous. The actual Nazi rhetoric is what is dangerous. We have seen where something like the Great Replacement ct can get us.

Well it is still you labelling people nazis even when you know they are not actual nazis. And yes that is dangerous in this day and age.

Well it is still you labelling people nazis even when you know they are not actual nazis. And yes that is dangerous in this day and age.

No it really isn't dangerous in this day and age. I would be interested to hear how you think that it is. And when I hear someone using Nazi talking points they tend to be Nazis. Or are at least unaware that they are repeating Nazi talking points. When they talk like a Nazi. I assume they are a Nazi. I have no other info to assume otherwise. I don't label everyone a Nazi either.

@cincymma79 is definitely without a doubt not a Nazi. I disagree with him on virtually everything. But a while ago there was some dipshit poster making very obviously anti semitic remarks and he told the guy to fuck off.

I mean, most of the opposing views are pretty logically inconsistent, aren't they?
Seems that if you teach your kids critical thinking (not critical theory) then it wouldn't be much of a problem to present them with controversial - and sometimes batshit insane - theories.

The big question is the presentation of the material.

Seems to be more fake news that got copy/pasted on like every media site, which is standard reporting for our shit media. Looks to be another far left school administrator who threw a tantrum after a teacher was reprimanded for pushing CRT "abolish white people" books on 4th graders, which the administrators didn't do and were overruled by the school board, and a few days later threw her fit and said that if you can't verbally abuse children for being white, they must want you to teach pro nazi books, because of course in her mind, there's nothing in between "fuck white people" and being pro holocaust.

This is what happens when highly paid activist administrators increase at greater than 7x the rate of students.
<{chips}>

Damn, so it was a nothingburger. What a thread.

<Moyes5>

No it really isn't dangerous in this day and age. I would be interested to hear how you think that it is. And when I hear someone using Nazi talking points they tend to be Nazis. Or are at least unaware that they are repeating Nazi talking points. When they talk like a Nazi. I assume they are a Nazi. I have no other info to assume otherwise. I don't label everyone a Nazi either.

@cincymma79 is definitely without a doubt not a Nazi. I disagree with him on virtually everything. But a while ago there was some dipshit poster making very obviously anti semitic remarks and he told the guy to fuck off.

Well some of the reasons I feel it's dangerous are that it can result in people being blacklisted, beaten, probably killed in the present day...all when possibly not true, just a label attached to someone who didn't agree with someone or had a different view. Ie someone beaten or killed for being a nazi when not actually one.

Not to mention what are you going to call an actual nazi? How are people going to distinguish the name calling from real ones?

People labelled nazis in some decades passed would have been a lot more legit than the way it is thrown around now.

Well some of the reasons I feel it's dangerous are that it can result in people being blacklisted, beaten, probably killed in the present day...all when possibly not true, just a label attached to someone who didn't agree with someone or had a different view. Ie someone beaten or killed for being a nazi when not actually one.

Not to mention what are you going to call an actual nazi? How are people going to distinguish the name calling from real ones?

People labelled nazis in some decades passed would have been a lot more legit than the way it is thrown around now.

Except that none of that has happened really. Some Nazis may get punched now and then though. On the other hand. Look what Nazi rhetoric caused https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_synagogue_shooting

An actual mass shooting chalked up to something like The Great Replacement CT. Which seems more dangerous to you?

Look its a term getting thrown about and applied to people who are not such. It is dangerous and loose definitions make people think there are way more of these people than there are and the term loses its true meaning.

I mean, most of the opposing views are pretty logically inconsistent, aren't they?
Seems that if you teach your kids critical thinking (not critical theory) then it wouldn't be much of a problem to present them with controversial - and sometimes batshit insane - theories.

The big question is the presentation of the material.
It's just not good pedagogy, it is not a good way to learn about a topic to be taught the details of bullshit versions as a foil to the actual history. Maybe as case studies in a separate critical thinking 'identify the flaws in this argument' lesson but that's a subpar way to teach history. Especially if to the level where an alternate book has to be taught as a counterfactual. There's only so much time and attention span available.

Look its a term getting thrown about and applied to people who are not such. It is dangerous and loose definitions make people think there are way more of these people than there are and the term loses its true meaning.

There are way more of these people than you realize. And I disagree. It isn't dangerous. And I don't throw the word around.

It's just not good pedagogy, it is not a good way to learn about a topic to be taught the details of bullshit versions as a foil to the actual history. Maybe as case studies in a separate critical thinking 'identify the flaws in this argument' lesson but that's a subpar way to teach history. Especially if to the level where an alternate book has to be taught as a counterfactual. There's only so much time and attention span available.

You're probably right.
Though, I think in some ways, teaching how to identify fake history is probably more important than actually teaching history at all.

But, that's a different topic entirely.

I think it's hilarious that in a state that opposes teaching specific viewpoints about slavery, they have school districts that want to teach multiple viewpoints on the Holocaust.

There is an unfortunate consistency there.

I don't see the issue. I've always hated how history is told through one scope and viewpoint and therefore that's the only correct one. Events that have happened through history are always a lot more complex than we make them out to be.

I think you've forgotten how history is actually taught in schools.

It's about analysing primary, secondary and tertiary sources.

That's why almost everybody found history intensely boring at school, because it's NOT taught in the way you imagine - listening to stories.

Back