Tyron Woodley Hit with New Allegations of Clout Chasing by Edwards

How bad is Woodley's clout chasing?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

“He’s saying everyone is clout chasing, but I think he’s one of the biggest clout chasers! He’s going out and calling out the middleweight champion, Izzy, and just calling for other random fights – it seems to me that’s a clout chaser. He’s chasing around other peoples’ clout by trying to get a fight with them; he’s trying to use their name to build his name. I think he’s lost; he just doesn’t know where he stands now or what he wants to do.

“When he tweeted Izzy, I messaged Izzy and he said, ‘The f*cking kid is lost. He hasn’t got a clue what he’s on about!’ Like I said, he’s clout chasing and trying to find something to stick.

“Izzy knew what the craic is anyway,” he said laughing. “We’ve got the same management company so he knew what the sketch was; he knows that’s my work!”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/4/...clout-chasing-with-pursuit-of-israel-adesanya

Last edited:
>Clout chasing

Ironic that it comes from Edgewards out of all people... the fake British thug who got slapped up for trying to make a scene.

Edwards is the biggest clout vulture of them all lol.

941B3A80-FA3C-4A93-80C2-A9D0997654DA.jpeg

>Clout chasing

Ironic that it comes from Edgewards out of all people... the fake British thug who got slapped up for trying to make a scene.

View attachment 764064
He's still not wrong about Woodley, who is a clout chaser of the highest order

Remember when dude tried to duck Wonderboy for Nick Diaz?

Is clout chasing like riding someone else coat tales or something?..im not sure what it means so cant vote lol

Edit .

Just googled it...woodley is the O.G here between Edwards and izzy...i dont think woodley needs to clout chase either hes the established past champion with a name..izzy is a break out star but edwards would be the closest to a clout chaser from what i just learned as he hasnt done anything career wise close to woodley or izzy who probably have more fans and are champions/ex champions

Is clout chasing like riding someone else coat tales or something?..im not sure what it means so cant vote lol
I had to Google it too :D

Clout chaser = A person that only hangs with certain people or starts beef with people to gain popularity.

Urban Dictionary
: Clout chaser. clout. When you speak of someone having clout, it usually means that they communicate a sense of power or influence, particularly in the political sense.

Clout chasers in the music industry have been referred to as thirsty (too eager; desperate [slang]). In an interview with BET, Snoop Dogg defined a 'clout chaser' as “a person who strategically associates themselves with the success of a popular person or a current contemporary trend to gain fame and attention."

He's still not wrong about Woodley, who is a clout chaser of the highest order

Remember when dude tried to duck Wonderboy for Nick Diaz?

He was trying to use the “money fight” angle for leverage. The guy WON the UFC belt and had theee title defenses roughly within the span of a year.

Your theory is wrong sir.

It's like trying to get attention or notoriety for engaging with someone a lot more popular than you

A hypothetical example of this would be like some benchwarmer calling out LeBron James for a 1v1 or something
He was trying to use the “money fight” angle for leverage. The guy WON the UFC belt and had theee title defenses roughly within the span of a year.

Your theory is wrong sir.
And it didn't work lol

He was also calling out a retired GSP because GSP is a huge draw and Woodley couldn't draw fleas to honey, that is the definition of clout chasing.

I had to Google it too :D

Clout chaser = A person that only hangs with certain people or starts beef with people to gain popularity.

Urban Dictionary
: Clout chaser. clout. When you speak of someone having clout, it usually means that they communicate a sense of power or influence, particularly in the political sense.

Clout chasers in the industry have been referred to as thirsty (too eager; desperate [slang]). In an interview with BET, Snoop Dogg defined a 'clout chaser' as “a person who strategically associates themselves with the success of a popular person or a current contemporary trend to gain fame and attention."

I edited my answer after the google search Ahhahahaaj

Thanks tho

Edit .

Just googled it...woodley is the O.G here between Edwards and izzy...i dont think woodley needs to clout chase either hes the established past champion with a name..izzy is a break out star but edwards would be the closest to a clout chaser from what i just learned as he hasnt done anything career wise close to woodley or izzy who probably have more fans and are champions/ex champions
It's like tying a rope to the back of another guy's Ford T-Model and skating to whereever the other guy goes.

Edwards and Adesanya are two of the biggest, and most disgraceful, clout chasers in combat sports history.

He was also calling out a retired GSP because GSP is a huge draw and Woodley couldn't draw fleas to honey, that is the definition of clout chasing.

Again you’re being disingenuous

He was “calling out” GSP because he was teasing coming out of retirement for months and eventually entered the USADA testing pool. GSP ultimately ended up fighting Bisping, who else did Tyron think he was supposed to fight?

You’re more focused on a narrative than actual facts.

>Clout chasing

View attachment 764064

Figures you'd defend Woodley since you're one of the biggest clout chasers on Sherdog forums. At least Edwards wanted to step up and fight the guys he called out. Not like Woodley and now Masvidal who only wants to fight Conor.

Again you’re being disingenuous

He was “calling out” GSP because he was teasing coming out of retirement for months and eventually entered the USADA testing pool. GSP ultimately ended up fighting Bisping, who else did Tyron think he was supposed to fight?

You’re more focused on a narrative than actual facts.

Brazil wand...i normally dont hespetch too many of your posts..

But imma have to agree here..calling someone out especially guys you could actually fight (nick diaz is WW, GSP is a WW) isnt clout chasing from what ive read about it..it seems to apply to someone of little popularity calling out more popular people to gain fans and attention..woodley was already an established name when he made those call outs..

I think edwards is the clout chaser here...hes still trying to fight for his first title..the others are or were champions twice for woodley

>Clout chasing

View attachment 764064
Hahaha George is terrified of Edwards.

After embarrassing himself with his desperation for red panties night he knows that a fight with Leon will firmly resign him back into irrelevance

Woodley is without a doubt the biggest clout chaser in the sport right now. Not surprising that he's the one calling everyone else that word. Basic Freudian psychology.

Leon isn't a clout chaser at all. Only thing he's done is stepping up to Masvidal in an admittedly punkish way, but that was before Masvidal's hype really took off.

could you write a title with more trendy, dipshit lingo, please, ts?

Back