Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua set for August in Saudi Arabia

August? Why so late? I was hoping late June / early July.
I think this plays into AJ's advantage - his last fight was in December, Fury's last fight was against Wilder in February 2020, just before the pandemic.

I think they wanted June but I imagine it’s been pushed back as they’ve not yet managed to agree everything, just the major parts of the contracts. Hearn was saying it’s just some minor details outstanding

I think they wanted June but I imagine it’s been pushed back as they’ve not yet managed to agree everything, just the major parts of the contracts. Hearn was saying it’s just some minor details outstanding

Hmm this is really the only thing that could cause a AJ victory in my opinion... AJ's maybe the wrong opponent to get in there after one and a half years off.

yep, all hearns fault.

deal not signed yet - hearns fault
Fight in Saudi - hearns fault
wilder not having the minerals to fight Joshua - hearns fault

it’s fckin laughable isn’t it? It’s as if people think that Hearn represents both parties? The fact that he’s only been positive about this fight, and the other side are being negative/constantly moaning should tell all we need to know. Gotta wonder if this fight would ever be made if he was not involved

And if Saudi is such a dodgy place for doing deals then why did Fury pick it, it’s not like he was forced.

I honestly think the Wilder situation isn’t as cut and dry as old uncle Bob made out and they’re stalling until a verdict is reached.

yep, all hearns fault.

it’s fckin laughable isn’t it? It’s as if people think that Hearn represents both parties? The fact that he’s only been positive about this fight, and the other side are being negative/constantly moaning should tell all we need to know. Gotta wonder if this fight would ever be made if he was not involved
There's also no guarantee they will be allowed full capacity at Wembley. We've got the Euros this year which is after lockdown and they're still talking about restrictions for the games

Really? I know you've maintained this for some time but I'm curious how AJ gets it done? I really like him but I don't see it happening
Ya. Seems to me that Fury is largely viewed now on a one fight basis since battering Wilder. While that was a fantastic showing, you arent walking AJ down like that. Wilder may have the nuclear punches but AJ can box. Hes significantly smoother than he gets credit for and hes got a very well rounded game in his own right.

If Fury chooses to “fight” him like he did Wlad, AJ is not just going to stand there and do nothing. His activity level will be enough to win the rounds. Hes also not going to get pushed around in the clinch and will punish Fury with his uppercuts.

I think AJ’s timing and combos will be a deciding factor here, and he puts Fury down.

Ya. Seems to me that Fury is largely viewed now on a one fight basis since battering Wilder. While that was a fantastic showing, you arent walking AJ down like that. Wilder may have the nuclear punches but AJ can box. Hes significantly smoother than he gets credit for and hes got a very well rounded game in his own right.

If Fury chooses to “fight” him like he did Wlad, AJ is not just going to stand there and do nothing. His activity level will be enough to win the rounds. Hes also not going to get pushed around in the clinch and will punish Fury with his uppercuts.

I think AJ’s timing and combos will be a deciding factor here, and he puts Fury down.

Fury has won his biggest fights by executing a winning gameplan and I think he’ll be able to do that here.

He knows AJs gas tank is suspect so expect we’ll see 6-8 rounds of grinding and holding and leaning to wear AJ down then box him up down the straight.

Easier said than done of course, but Fury is a big fight fighter and has a fantastic ring IQ when focused.

I'm pretty split on who's going to come out on top here. Fury has shown that he can stop people like he did with Wilder and AJ's chin isn't the best so it's feasible that Fury can hurt him. On the other hand AJ has improved steadily and he can move pretty good now. Plus he always has the power to hurt Fury and he puts his shots together much better than someone like Wilder. But on the flip side Fury has good stamina so he could use that to his advantage and look for AJ to fade a bit which he does before getting a second wind. However AJ has improved his conditioning and managed to stay active and mobile against Ruiz. But Ruiz was a plodder and Fury definitely is not. Fuck it, I'm on the fence and I'm not getting off.

Fury has won his biggest fights by executing a winning gameplan and I think he’ll be able to do that here.

He knows AJs gas tank is suspect so expect we’ll see 6-8 rounds of grinding and holding and leaning to wear AJ down then box him up down the straight.

Easier said than done of course, but Fury is a big fight fighter and has a fantastic ring IQ when focused.
Fury is a great fighter, but hes been wildly overrated while AJ is now severely underrated.

To expose AJ’s gas tank youll either need to walk him down and force a fight, or get in close and keep it there. Good luck with either of those game plans.

Imo, Fury’s best bet is to try to beat him like he did Wlad. Feints and movement while never putting himsef at risk of being blasted.

Hmm this is really the only thing that could cause a AJ victory in my opinion... AJ's maybe the wrong opponent to get in there after one and a half years off.

Yeah he can’t afford to have any ring rust in this fight. Fury is rightfully favourite, but he’s gonna have to be on his game to win this fight. This is his toughest fight to date, no doubt. Obviously the same for Joshua

And if Saudi is such a dodgy place for doing deals then why did Fury pick it, it’s not like he was forced.

I honestly think the Wilder situation isn’t as cut and dry as old uncle Bob made out and they’re stalling until a verdict is reached.

yeah you could well right mate. Let’s hope that’s not the case. No one cares about that rematch, certainly not before the unification fight

There's also no guarantee they will be allowed full capacity at Wembley. We've got the Euros this year which is after lockdown and they're still talking about restrictions for the games

Absolutely. Do we really want this fight in a almost empty stadium. If they are gonna do 2, then I’ve no issue with this fight being abroad.

Fury is a great fighter, but hes been wildly overrated while AJ is now severely underrated.

To expose AJ’s gas tank youll either need to walk him down and force a fight, or get in close and keep it there. Good luck with either of those game plans.

Imo, Fury’s best bet is to try to beat him like he did Wlad. Feints and movement while never putting himsef at risk of being blasted.

100% this.

As many said already this fight should have been in the UK and not fucking Saudi arabia for more than just one reason. How cool would it have been, if for once, they didn't care about the blood money from this sheiks and brought this fight to Gb, the country that in the last years did a ton for boxing, has a rich history with the sport and is home to both fighters. But yeah that's not how this world works unfortunately. I'm not even British but it's a shame imo.

As many said already this fight should have been in the UK and not fucking Saudi arabia for more than just one reason. How cool would it have been, if for once, they didn't care about the blood money from this sheiks and brought this fight to Gb, the country that in the last years did a ton for boxing, has a rich history with the sport and is home to both fighters. But yeah that's not how this world works unfortunately. I'm not even British but it's a shame imo.
I'm afraid we're past all that, the money guys are taking us down, the future's bleak and we're sleepwalking into it -

yep, all hearns fault.

The point is Hearn has spent his entire career like this. He lies about wanting to hold the fight in the UK for ages and then low and behold its in Arabia as we all knew it was going to be. You meet pricks like him in business occasionally and they are best avoided.

AJ and Fury should be ashamed that it's not in the UK.
Hearn is an utter cretin and people's patience with him has rightly run out. I look forward to illegally streaming the fight.

Nothing wrong with Saudi. The atmosphere might be wrong, but let's just get the fight on while the iron is hotter than ever before in this immediate era. This is the most important fight, determines a real #1, we dont want to wait.

I'm taking AJ. Stoppage in the last 4 rounds. It will be a good night for boxing, I cant see it being a bad fight.

It's good to see the biggest all-British fight for decades being fought in Saudi fucking Arabia.

Could of been at a sold out Wembley for one of the sporting highlights of our times.

Hearn is a proper cunt.

Fury wins by late stoppage.

The Saudi site fee robs the British fans of their super fight at Wembley, and allows the Saudi’s to ‘sport wash’ their regime.

Hearn is a proper cunt and he needs to be sent a message. I for one will be voting with my wallet and illegally streaming the shit out of this fight, I hope many more do too

The point is Hearn has spent his entire career like this. He lies about wanting to hold the fight in the UK for ages and then low and behold its in Arabia as we all knew it was going to be. You meet pricks like him in business occasionally and they are best avoided.

AJ and Fury should be ashamed that it's not in the UK.
Hearn is an utter cretin and people's patience with him has rightly run out. I look forward to illegally streaming the fight.

but you’re assuming that this is solely his decision! Both fighters, furys people and probably a few others are involved in this fight; why aren’t they getting the same shit? You’ve put it on the fighters as well, so fair play, but a lot of others fans aren’t

The Saudi site fee robs the British fans of their super fight at Wembley, and allows the Saudi’s to ‘sport wash’ their regime.

Hearn is a proper cunt and he needs to be sent a message. I for one will be voting with my wallet and illegally streaming the shit out of this fight, I hope many more do too

No one knows when we can have full crowds back so the fight is going to be in limbo until that happens. Fury may have been 2 years out of the ring by that time. Personally I’d rather not have to wait another 6 months + for their first fight, when it can happen in 3 months. They are likely to have a rematch after all (unless it’s horribly one sided)

You're right, let's just not even have the fight at all.

Back