Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Yes for Tyson Fury..who's the big name Francis gonna fight in PFL?

I guess the Saudi money could probably come up with somebody

Right.

It's much more about making a compelling fight than it is about PFL being a draw.

This is where Dana gets it wrong pretty consistently, thinking it's fine to shit on his stars because "it's the UFC".

Tonight's fight easily transcends the UFC, and the PFL's job will be to put on a fight that transcends any notion of what the PFL is.

They're gonna have to get creative, perhaps, but they already have a huge household name who became an overnight sensation. Even someone vaguely recognizable will be enough to draw in a good audience for Ngannou's post-Fury fight.

Same as always. I got 20 years on this site had Fury but very narrow. Had artem over Malignaggi prefight (was wrong though Paulie got robbed) . Thought McGregor by decision was feasible. Thought Ngannou by decision was feasible. Had Anderson to beat JCC Jr.

But then certain fights like Pulev-Mir were super obvious executions.

As would be alot of crossover fights.

I used to be enraged by it but have realized people really just have no clue at all about what they're watching and actually aren't that interested either. It really is 80-90% WWE style fans which is fine and what both sports are becoming in general.

Big Frank deserves the love and support. First boxing fight against # 1 HW is a big leap.

giphy.gif

Before francis there was Rumble Johnson !

<DCrying>
It makes me sad of what could of been. this november will be his
first 1 year anniversary of him being gone. And seeing Francis today
i was thinking of him.
<2>
just imagine if he beat DC and then beat jones
and then ufc backed him. who knows what he could of done.

Right.

It's much more about making a compelling fight than it is about PFL being a draw.

This is where Dana gets it wrong pretty consistently, thinking it's fine to shit on his stars because "it's the UFC".

Tonight's fight easily transcends the UFC, and the PFL's job will be to put on a fight that transcends any notion of what the PFL is.

They're gonna have to get creative, perhaps, but they already have a huge household name who became an overnight sensation. Even someone vaguely recognizable will be enough to draw in a good audience for Ngannou's post-Fury fight.
Is that a sustainable business strategy though?

Artem destroyed Pauli.
Silva destroyed Chavez.
Randy destroyed Toney.

The world thinks Ngannou was robbed, but he dropped the undefeated HW champ in his first fight lol.

Cope harder.

1. "Bare-knuckle boxing" is not boxing.
2. Silva had a professional boxing career prior to fighting Chavez.
3. This was an MMA match rules, so how does this even apply?

Who is this "world" you speak of? the MMA community thinking Ngannou won tells me they know nothing of the sport. He landed only 25% of his punches!

Rumble was awesome. But shouldn't have spent so much time trying to fight at WW.
...Instead, spent more time defending the rear naked choke. That was his major fault.
...Would have been great to see Rumble KO Bones Jones. Unfortunately, Jones would have sunk in the rear naked before that happened.

Back