Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
shouldn't be any hype, the mma fans will probably make for the sales, boxing fans should beware but there's not telling really. It'll be interesting but there really isn't really much doubt of the outcome unless fury wants to fuck around some way. .

one thing I know for sure is that this is in now way a tuneup for the big fight and it's not going to help Fury in any way. that's a mistake.

I'm sure Fury knows he's just doing it for the money lol

I'm sure Fury knows he's just doing it for the money lol
He really should be fighting a tune up but I guess they don't know what that is today.

Just curious, is there any hype whatsoever for this fight where you live? If you look at Sherdog, there doesn't seem like a whole lot of interest.

Like, there seems to be less hype for this one than Woodley vs Paul, for example. I'm not sure out of many freak shows in boxing in recent years, if there were necessarily ones with less hype than for this one.

I mean, yes, there was a good amount of surprise and interest when it first got announced, but it's like less than a week to the fight and it's just crickets.

If you compare this to Conor/May fight, which I'm thinking Ngannou believe his fight is comparable to, it's not even in same dimension.

But maybe when you go past the cave of Sherdog, which I've been residing for last 20 years, there's massive hype somewhere.
I saw two YouTube videos calling it a joke. Does that count?

I just rewatched the may/mac fight, mayweather clearly held back all the way, he never even really cut loose at the end. Anyone can do that to make a fight a little more interesting but I'd really prefer a blowout just so there's no doubt to who the superior is. Seems boxers rarely try and do that.
Only one to do that was Kubrat Pulev when he broke Frank Mirs neck and KOd him standing and almost killed/paralyzed him.

He really should be fighting a tune up but I guess they don't know what that is today.
Fury should? If you mean in order to help him prepare for Usyk then yeah that's what he realistically should be doing. Instead he's taking an absolute gimme as a showcase fight.

Fury should? If you mean in order to help him prepare for Usyk then yeah that's what he realistically should be doing. Instead he's taking an absolute gimme as a showcase fight.
Yes, he is fucking around in a business that's pretty unforgiving. Just another reason I'll pick Usyk.

Only one to do that was Kubrat Pulev when he broke Frank Mirs neck and KOd him standing and almost killed/paralyzed him.
I wanna see that shit.

Even the undercard looks like a shit sammich.

Hard pass.

it will be special rules?? why not in boxrec??

it will be special rules?? why not in boxrec??
it's never clear in these hyrbrid bouts, never. And I'm talking historically, when Ali fought Inoki, they were changing rules all the way up to a day or two before the fight. In these recent bouts, I can't really tell just how hard the boxer is going sometimes. It was obvious that Mayweather was toying with Macgregor but not too obvious when he fought the bigger Paul brother. In fact, it seemed like he was pissed that he didn't put him away. Also, I don't think they tell the public everything, I've heard about a couple of these fights that they're just exhibitions, which means no one should be getting hurt but that doesn't always seem true. I still think Tyson should have easily kayoed Roy Jones if he were trying, yet, it didn't really look like he even hurt him. We all know roy can't take any sort of a shot so Mike must have really held back because a little slip up and Roy would have been kayoed, which has happened in supposed "fixed" fights in the past (Ray robinson, Jack Johnson-Stanley Ketchel).

it's never clear in these hyrbrid bouts, never. And I'm talking historically, when Ali fought Inoki, they were changing rules all the way up to a day or two before the fight. In these recent bouts, I can't really tell just how hard the boxer is going sometimes. It was obvious that Mayweather was toying with Macgregor but not too obvious when he fought the bigger Paul brother. In fact, it seemed like he was pissed that he didn't put him away. Also, I don't think they tell the public everything, I've heard about a couple of these fights that they're just exhibitions, which means no one should be getting hurt but that doesn't always seem true. I still think Tyson should have easily kayoed Roy Jones if he were trying, yet, it didn't really look like he even hurt him. We all know roy can't take any sort of a shot so Mike must have really held back because a little slip up and Roy would have been kayoed, which has happened in supposed "fixed" fights in the past (Ray robinson, Jack Johnson-Stanley Ketchel).
but mike retired in 2005, the roy jones bout was an exbihition, no ko/tkos were allowed there (and i think both were practicing together the ''fight'')

but mike retired in 2005, the roy jones bout was an exbihition, no ko/tkos were allowed there (and i think both were practicing together the ''fight'')
yes, but I don't remember it being billed as a clear exhibition, although I know that was the assumption. And even still, Mike was never known for self control, not when he was a teen knocking out full grown men or when he was finished and biting everything from nipples to ears. Not clear really. Oddly, some posters here were predicting a Jones kayo I think, factoring in how he was active but forgetting he was getting his lights put out by anyone by that point.

I don't really have any friends or people near me who are into combat sports. My friend on the West Coast says it's gonna be a squash match and he's not really interested. My wife who is a casual fan of fighting and likes Tyson Fury a lot (she's likely got Irish traveler genes in her family tree) didn't really know who Ngannou was and assumed it was just another boxing match.

I've been thinking about it a lot. And you know what? Fury really goofed here. If he had taken the undisputed fight with Usyk earlier this year like everyone thought he was gonna, and won, this Ngannou fight would be MASSIVE. Instead due to the timing it's viewed as little more than a farce, and rightly so.
I guess Fury wasn't 100% confident he would beat Usyk and just wanted the big payday first.

How can there be hype for an exhibition? How could it be hyped if it was a real fight when Fury would make Ngannou look like a complete amateur?
Why do people still think it's an exhibition when that was debunked months ago?

yes, but I don't remember it being billed as a clear exhibition, although I know that was the assumption. And even still, Mike was never known for self control, not when he was a teen knocking out full grown men or when he was finished and biting everything from nipples to ears. Not clear really. Oddly, some posters here were predicting a Jones kayo I think, factoring in how he was active but forgetting he was getting his lights put out by anyone by that point.
tyson vs roy jones always was announced as an exhibition (fake fight)

Nope, fury has literally lost 90% of his fan base with his blatant ducking. I don’t know anyone who is gonna buy the fight, or who is even interested in it

Back