News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk rescheduled for May 18 in Saudi Arabia

Who wins?

• Total voters
^that's how he should've looked for the ngannou fight .. he's lying when he says he prepared for that fight

^that's how he should've looked for the ngannou fight .. he's lying when he says he prepared for that fight
Fury has come in fat and won a number of fights. I think he is done taking that risk.

The only fights Lennox ever lost were when he came in fat, so maybe it will make a big difference in the title fight.

Exactly. You might end up imprisoned, tortured (flogging, etc), or even killed. These people don't discriminate. They've killed members of their own royal family. Dozens of foreigners are publicly executed every year but the majority are Saudi citizens. They have literally killed people over tweets that they found offensive.
The Saudis, who've been trying so hard to sanitize their image (big boxing events included), are gonna execute a world-famous British citizen over tweets? Fury would have to knock out the crown prince to get that treatment.

The Saudis, who've been trying so hard to sanitize their image (big boxing events included), are gonna execute a world-famous British citizen over tweets? Fury would have to knock out the crown prince to get that treatment.
I noted that it's always a possibility over there. They've executed people over tweets that they didn't like. Mohammad bin Nasser al-Ghamdi being one such individual. Being "world famous" doesn't matter to them. Not even the UN or outside international pressure that followed has made them cave. This is a ruthless dictatorship we're talking about. A repressive regime that doesn't take orders from anyone.

LOL. It really does look like a hostage situation. "His Excellency" is all fired up. Fury better play ball or else his head may end up in a burlap sack.
have to go all the way back to the rumble in the jungle for anything like this. I think the fighters were under some form of arrest. Ali wasn't impacted so much by it, although he wasn't crazy about africa, George was another problem, people actually thought he wanted to bail and he probably did.

have to go all the way back to the rumble in the jungle for anything like this. I think the fighters were under some form of arrest. Ali wasn't impacted so much by it, although he wasn't crazy about africa, George was another problem, people actually thought he wanted to bail and he probably did.
True. I hadn't even thought about how things were in Africa back then.

Zaire? Then had dictator and he usually didn't bothered with cangoroo courts. One call and you might disappear or serious health problems surprisingly might develop ....
Not only can they make you disappear it might even be made to look like an accident. Some of these regions are too dangerous to visit. Somalia is like that. It's arguably the worst of them all and is crawling with pirates.

Still a tragedy what happened to this guy. Shit like this is why I'm very torn on Saudi Arabia suddenly becoming a boxing behemoth.

I ain't paying for any of their events, I can tell you that much. Boxing is really stuck between a rock and a hard place morally here.

there's debate around that. There was a running theory he was padding the weight on withstand harder punches. He got knocked down by Cuningham at his thinest - well, I haven't actually checked the weight but I recall he had a stint of being in good shape.

Frank has a much larger stronger build so the added weight did jack shit.

Still a tragedy what happened to this guy. Shit like this is why I'm very torn on Saudi Arabia suddenly becoming a boxing behemoth.

I ain't paying for any of their events, I can tell you that much. Boxing is really stuck between a rock and a hard place morally here.
100% agreed…

nonsense .. he took on wilder, who was supposedly the baddest man on the planet and hardest puncher ever(still arguably), 3 times .. ridiculous to even say that .. I await your backtracking post after he beats usyk
He took on Wilder because he was easy pickings being the worst technical boxer with one hand and still can’t throw a 3 punch combo since 2008 .

Ultimately he knew Wilder is a low volume puncher and Fury could dictate the pace , Wilder one punch power shots were never going to beat him no matter how many times he knocked him down which is just bc Furys sloppy defense .

Yep… this people don’t play … very sensitive to do business with them and things don’t go their way… When the Saudi guy said the 10 million $ fine … fury’s face lmao!!!! He was about to cry, he didn’t knew nothing about that … lol!!!!!!!!
That would be hilarious but Furys simply never going to executed over a sporting event , he’d also have great legal representation if it’s under law but it’s not because it’s not under drug or terrorist acts .

Most executions are ppl in foreign poor countries there’s just to much media surrounding these boxing events and killing an athlete would defeat it’s purpose of showcasing sports and would put a nail in the coffin on themselves over one event so none of assassination talk Is not realistic . The United States would get involved most likely as it would be under war crime territory and that’s the last thing they want it would put a dent on the very thing they’re trying to build .

The reality is Fury already walked away from this fight in Saudi last year under Skills Challenge promotion so if he did the same thing nothing at all would happen because he’s a public figure the risk of doing anything to Fury doesn’t make sense he’s small potatoes to them the risk of causing a National dilemma isn’t worth it over that guy or any boxer . Lol

He took on Wilder because he was easy pickings being the worst technical boxer with one hand and still can’t throw a 3 punch combo since 2008 .

Ultimately he knew Wilder is a low volume puncher and Fury could dictate the pace , Wilder one punch power shots were never going to beat him no matter how many times he knocked him down which is just bc Furys sloppy defense .

this is monday morning qb'ing/hindsight is 20/20 stuff .. when fury took on wilder they were saying FURY was easy pickings for wilder .. no one was mentioning any of what you're saying now .. point is wilder was very feared at that time .. and fury destroyed him through the course of 3 fights ... so point is parker wasn't facing the feared confident younger wilder .. he was facing a very humbled/weaker/older wilder

“Boxing” and “morals” in the same sentence

{<jordan}

Back