News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
So they got two judges who gave Usyk a loss and a draw on the same card to Breidas ? Lol

You can’t make this stuff up there’s nothing neutral about this .Those betting a draw and have money to waste I’d do it .

I think it was common knowledge Usyk is going to be against the officials and Fury but this solidified it, he really needs to beat him so bad they can’t rob him .

Usyk will need to put on a clinic but I always thought that anyway as the Saudi's are big fans of the Fury's. Usyk is clearly the better boxer and technician of the two.

I think Usyk will be throwing a lot of punches in volumes, and making Fury work. Fury typically gets sloppy and careless later on where Usyk is usually still pretty crisp and fit. I'm of the opinion Fury cut is going to open up and its going to change the course of the fight, and this is where Usyk starts to get success and punish Fury in the latter half.

It's going to the cards for sure.

I believe they docked Biev for a body shot that was clean according to many observers. Without that you can easily argue that Biev won.

No you fucking couldn't <lmao>

Beterbiev did well in the fights I've seen, fights 2 and 3, but Usyk was a clear winner in both point deduction or not.

He's completely obsessed with Beterbiev to the point he posts about him in totally unrelated threads.

I mean, I like Beterbiev as much as the next guy - he's an excellent fighter and seems like a nice guy.

But it's downright bizarre and delusional to highlight that fight as an example of how to beat Usyk and say Beterbiev was "battering" him.

This was about Usyk's inability to take a body shot and potential path for victory for Fury. How is that not relevant?

And yes i'm a Beterbiev fan,..is that illegal?
Usyk has taken some really hard body shots before though and been fine. He did this in the Gassiev fight when his flanks were being targeted and in both Joshua fights (particularly the rematch). At one point Joshua attacked his body for an entire round in the second fight, it was an all out assault, but Usyk still went on to sweep the last few rounds.

Fury also isn't a very good body puncher and he doesn't have the pop of a Joshua or Dubois.

Usyk has taken some really hard body shots before though and been fine. He did this in the Gassiev fight when his flanks were being targeted and in both Joshua fights (particularly the rematch). At one point Joshua attacked his body for an entire round in the second fight, it was an all out assault, but Usyk still went on to sweep the last few rounds.

Fury also isn't a very good body puncher and he doesn't have the pop of a Joshua or Dubois.

Excellent point, was thinking the same thing. In fact, that was Joshua's best moment of the entire 24 rounds and Usyk held up just fine. And obviously Joshua hits harder than Fury, and any of Usyk's other opponents.

It's a non issue really. I mean, bodyshots hurt and make you momentarily winded, you can probably grab clips of almost any elite fighter getting hurt with a bodyshot and go "LoOk SeE hE cAn'T tAkE iT tO ThE BoDy!!!!!".

Excellent point, was thinking the same thing. In fact, that was Joshua's best moment of the entire 24 rounds and Usyk held up just fine. And obviously Joshua hits harder than Fury, and any of Usyk's other opponents.

It's a non issue really. I mean, bodyshots hurt and make you momentarily winded, you can probably grab clips of almost any elite fighter getting hurt with a bodyshot and go "LoOk SeE hE cAn'T tAkE iT tO ThE BoDy!!!!!".
Yes, the body work in the second fight was definitely Joshua's best moment across both fights and it only slowed Usyk down in the round that it consistently occurred. As soon as he went back to the corner he came out looking fresh. All it did was light a fire in him to close the fight strong and win the rest of the rounds. I agree. No fighter, not even the most elite, like it to the body. Especially the liver.

Well who did the bodybuilder ever give a rematch to? Exactly only the guys that whooped his ass. Why should you give a rematch to someone you clearly beat? He beat the two most dominant HW champs of his time (12 year undefeated Wlad with 21 title defenses on foreign soil and 5 year champ, 10 title defenses, undefeated Deontay Wilder again on foreign soil). Meanwhile the mighty bodybuilder won his titels against Charles Martin in the UK lmao and against the fat Andy Ruiz ( who was only a big name because AJ emberassed himself by losing in his first ever attempt to win a fight in the US. hahahaha

Hate him or love him but Fury is levels above the overrated bodybuilder. And once he beats Usyk (if he does) there is no doubt he is the greatest HW of this generation.
Fury fans hates reality and then are calling everyone as hater.
If about A.J, he like Bivol etc is Eddie boxer and decisions about fights and contracts nuances = Eddie. O

Can't believe Usyk is almost 61%.

Lot of people DKSAB in here.

Can't believe Usyk is almost 61%.

Lot of people DKSAB in here.
Fury just went life and death with an MMA fighter that was making his boxing debut. That's why. Previously he was favored quite handily in this forum up until he shit the bed. The poll here is 60/40 Usyk which is pretty close to how the bookies have it (a 50/50 pick'em with Fury getting the slight edge).

Maybe John Fury needs to fight Jake Paul. This guy always seems to be looking for a fight.
And since Jake Paul likes to fight senior citizens so much, it would actually make sense.

Fury just went life and death with an MMA fighter that was making his boxing debut. That's why. Previously he was favored quite handily in this forum up until he shit the bed. The poll here is 60/40 Usyk which is pretty close to how the bookies have it (a 50/50 pick'em with Fury getting the slight edge).
The Ngannou fight was an obvious work lol.

My theory will be that AJ proved that Fury didn't take that one seriously, and I think Fury wins this one. It's hard to say, there are some big differences in height, weight, reach, skill set, it's not surprising it's pretty much a pick em fight.

My theory will be that AJ proved that Fury didn't take that one seriously, and I think Fury wins this one. It's hard to say, there are some big differences in height, weight, reach, skill set, it's not surprising it's pretty much a pick em fight.
Even if you don't accept Fury carried Ngannou/worked the fight, surely people accept that he didn't train for it seriously. He weighed 278lbs and said he trained 4-5 weeks, and he probably wasn't trying very hard for those.

Even if Fury didn't take Ngannou seriously no boxing world champ should have ever looked the way he did against a non-boxer debutant. Not even on their very worst night and their opponent's best. AJ has done much better against all of their mutual opponents (minus Klitschko who AJ stopped). If Fury really is better then he'll need to show it against another mutual opponent in Usyk.

Even if Fury didn't take Ngannou seriously no boxing world champ should have ever looked the way he did against a non-boxer debutant. Not even on their very worst night and their opponent's best. AJ has done much better against all of their mutual opponents (minus Klitschko who AJ stopped). If Fury really is better then he'll need to show it against another mutual opponent in Usyk.
Joshua has 3 losses in 27 fights, Fury 0. He lost to Andy Ruiz ffs. Nobody considers Joshua the best HW of this era. NOBODY. He is 1-1 against fat Andy and 0-2 against Usyk. If Fury beats Usyk it will be beyond laughable to even compare the two.

Joshua has 3 losses in 27 fights, Fury 0. He lost to Andy Ruiz ffs. Nobody considers Joshua the best HW of this era. NOBODY. And if Fury beats Usyk it will be beyond laughable to even compare the two.
Fury realistically lost the first McDermott fight. A fat fella as well. He could've just as easily lost to Wallin on that nasty cut and to Wilder in the 1st fight if the ref didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. If Fury does beat Usyk then there's no debate. He's yet to do that.

Back