News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
Here's a relevant example for you, Timbo @timmytimmy. Fury vs Wilder III. Notice that Russell Mora didn't even afford Wilder a count. He waved it off immediately based on how he fell to the canvas.

That is an example of a guy who was beaten down, and it got stopped, no kidding. I said the fight should not be stopped because of a knockdown when the fighter who was knocked down was taking no damage. Is why I compared to Jones and Inoue getting dropped in fights they were otherwise dominating. The didn't stop it cause of a knockdown, he stopped it because Wilder was taking too much damage.

That is an example of a guy who was beaten down, and it got stopped, no kidding. I said the fight should not be stopped because of a knockdown when the fighter who was knocked down was taking no damage. Is why I compared to Jones and Inoue getting dropped in fights they were otherwise dominating. The didn't stop it cause of a knockdown, he stopped it because Wilder was taking too much damage.
Fury got the benefit of a count in the last round of the first Wilder fight. He'd already been dropped prior. That second knockdown also involved two hard shots that Fury ate, one of which was on his way to the floor. You can't claim that Fury was "dominating" Wilder in the first fight when he was put on his ass twice. That just doesn't work. Russell Mora immediately stopped the fight because Wilder looked out. Same as Fury appeared in the first fight.

Just looking at Fury's record, he hasn't fought anybody remotely as good in terms of boxing skill as Usyk. Nganou was an MMA fighter, Chisora an old slugger, Whyte is well meh, and Wilder was just a one punch knock out artist.

His lack of skilled opposition and inactivity will probably come to bite..

Oleksandr Usyk: I've Been Preparing For This Fight For 22 Years

Jack Reiss said he didn’t stop the fight after Fury got knocked down because he gives guys up on the cards the benefit of the doubt obviously he knew Fury was ahead ,he also said Fury was looking at him and signaling he was aware ,so Fury stating he was out is again laughable.

He blinked a few times and someone showed a pic of his eyes closed in fact however he was looking at Reiss the entire time ,and stated Fury didn’t take much punches and it was late rounds . Now if he was in Breazeales shape that’s different but many forget he got up and just didn’t beat the count on wobbly legs in the beginning of the fight that’s a different circumstance.

Just looking at Fury's record, he hasn't fought anybody remotely as good in terms of boxing skill as Usyk. Nganou was an MMA fighter, Chisora an old slugger, Whyte is well meh, and Wilder was just a one punch knock out artist.

Whyte and Wilder ( 2nd fight ) are the only fights he’s looked good against in top 10 fights .

That’s a harsh reality check ,if Usyk defeats him he leaves championship status with wins over Wilder , Whyte and Chisora in title defenses that’s comedy gold with all the talk this Fury did since 2015 .

Really Good article on BBC sport by Tony bellew

It was interesting to hear how tired he was by the 8th round of their fight. Usyk makes his opponents constantly work and imo fury will be the one feeling the pace by the second half of the fight, no matter what tactics he employs. If he’s running after usyk trying to grab and lean, it will be counterproductive imo

Also said fury is not 6ft9. He’s 6ft 7 at most

There was that other Ukrainian fellah........

Let me guess, he was 54 and washed?

I don't want to be a spoiler, but considering the media hype and high expectations, realistically neither guy is Muhammad Ali just looking at their shadowboxing ...

I don't want to be a spoiler, but considering the media hype and high expectations, realistically neither guy is Muhammad Ali just looking at their shadowboxing ...

Usyk looks like he's sponsored by McLaren

Really Good article on BBC sport by Tony bellew

It was interesting to hear how tired he was by the 8th round of their fight. Usyk makes his opponents constantly work and imo fury will be the one feeling the pace by the second half of the fight, no matter what tactics he employs. If he’s running after usyk trying to grab and lean, it will be counterproductive imo

Also said fury is not 6ft9. He’s 6ft 7 at most
His opening paragraph suggests the size difference is not fair (and that fury should have an advantage because of it). He follows this up by saying Fury has a 6 inch height advantage.

Usyk's height is 6ft 3 from what I can see.

In the same article that you linked Bellew later makes the claim that Tyson is almost 6ft 7.

So what is it Tony, an almost 4 inch height advantage or a 6 inch height advantage?

Once again made himself look like a clown.

He's obviously more informed than most about Usyk and might well prove to be right here, having himself been knocked out stiff and almost out of the ring by Usyk, but he's an absolute bellend IMO.

PVTyYa.gif

9giqz10egsr31.gif

Completely devoid of any kind of neutral take.

Eddie Hearn's bum-boy and thus biased against Fury, and it comes out in every interview.

British press is full of biased ex-pros and journos on both sides. (Still waiting for Haye's prediction btw)

Tony needs to learn to call fights and commentate without the bias and hyperbole, otherwise should concentrate on getting home to his wife and kids.

Last edited:
I am pretty confident that Usyk wins this and it won't be particularly close.
I suspect that Usyk will need stoppage in distance in order to win. I hope that I'm wrong.

It is assumed that Fury to win might be better to sell tickets and PPVS for next fights...
While Usyk isn't Wallin and might hit considerably harder than Cunningham while might provide more productivity ....

Believe me, Usyk does hits considerably harder than Cunningham or Wallin....and he will act like in fight vs Bellew without trust to judges cards....
Saudites looks that in reality doesn't care, Emirates too. Big scale events are stuff they does want to see in order to promote their kingdooms In world scene. While boxing isn't their field for hardcore interests at all.

Usyk is southpaw and despite old, is more productive than Cunningham or Wallin.
Nice liver shots and nasty jabs from southpaw we might get to see. Also Usyk had sparred a lot with Wlad and Vitaly when Wlad was pre Pulev fight mode .....

Wlad from Pulev fight had woked up after get something nasty in his face.... only after this.
Fury vs Wlad was boring show while really Wlad didn't had did job. It wasn't like schooling etc bullshit , just Fury really had won on cards rich uncle in Wlad. And I think that they should had opted to take rematch. Young boxer in physical prime vs businessman In lazy mode.
I think if they had rematch Fury had won on cards again. Wlad does hit really very hard but was slowed down and IRL then in lazy mode.

Here's a relevant example for you, Timbo @timmytimmy. Fury vs Wilder III. Notice that Russell Mora didn't even afford Wilder a count. He waved it off immediately based on how he fell to the canvas.

It wasnt just that, Wilder took a freakish amount of punishment before that final knockdown.

Fury boxed southpaw and Usyk boxed orthodox, so of course they will look a bit awkward using stances that they rarely (Fury) or never (Usyk) use in fights.

here's the thing though, Fury is more likely to stay around and we likely get Joshua v Fury. If Usyk wins he will retire meaning the HW flare and lineage goes with him.

Back