UFC 194 Conor vs. UFC 273 Volk - who wins? Luke Thomas: "Volk Fu#@s him up"

They could fight 10 million times and everytime Conor KOs him with ease. Total missmatch.

If this fight happened I really hope it wouldn’t be a McGregor v Mendes situation.
It wouldn’t be short notice i guess

full camp mendes wrestlefucks conor into a loss

Luke also predicted Jose to beat Conor back in 2015 and Jose had a lot more history of dominance over Volk at that time(he had 9 title defenses)

Volk smokes any version of Conor.

Conor got choked by Nate not even 3 months after 194. Volk by murder.

Volkanovski after taking McGOAT's nuclear left hand
IoGZryV.gif
FQAcyktX0A8Qf68

Featherweight Conor is dangerous for any fighter at 145. His run during that time seemed God like, but Volkanovski is a lot better than many give him credit for. It's a 50/50 fight

As a Volk fanboy, I've said this a million times, Volk beats any version of Conor.

Unlike the stocky wrestlers Conor has faced, Volk has that GSP quality, he is an athlete. He doesn't deviate from gameplans, he doesn't lose focus, he doesn't get emotional. He even added the GSP jab to his arsenal.

But keeping it real and objective, Conor is not an easy fight. Volk doesn't "run through" him. It will be very very difficult especially in the first rounds. Prime FW Conor was a beast.

Volk would lose the first rounds to Conor just so he can win the war. Like he did in Holloway 2. He won't get discouraged, he will just do whatever necessary to get that W.

Patience is a virtue and Volk is one virtuous son of a bitch :)
Conor might have his moments in the first round, but I do honestly believe Volk runs through him.

Even at his peak, Conor only fought one way and really only head hunted. Volk uses almost all his available tools and his power has to be respected.

He'd tear Conor's legs up and never allow Conor to fight where Conor is comfortable by using the clinch and false takedown attempts when neccessary.

Luke also predicted Jose to beat Conor back in 2015 and Jose had a lot more history of dominance over Volk at that time(he had 9 title defenses)
That was a great run Conor had and we can never take that away from him. But Aldo undoubtedly deserved a rematch and could have certainly fought smarter to say the least.

We don't know how Conor would have done in a rematch OR if he continued at 145. We do know that he struggled and showed his holes not much longer after he beat Aldo.

I would heavily favor Volk to win, Conor would be gassed beyond belief against a guy like Volk within a few minutes

Volk was exactly the kind of short stocky fighter that Conor loved to feast on.

It would be a tough fight because obviously Volk is a different animal to animal to anyone Conor fought at 145, but I still think Conor is suited well to beat a guy like Volk. I certainly wouldn't have bet on that fight

A fan asks Luke: "UFC 194 Conor (Aldo vs. Conor) vs. UFC 273 Volk (Volk vs. Zombie), who wins?"

Alex-Volkanovski-Conor-McGregor.jpg.optimal.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Thomas:
"Volk. I think Volk FUCKS him up bad...BAD. Volk tears through him like it's nothing".

At 1:15:58

...what's your point? Is that a controversial take?

Conor has done much better against similar opponents (Aldo, Max, Mendes).

Conor fought a better Aldo and a better Mendes, but Volk fought a better Max.

Would Volk get shook by Conor's mental warfare? Who knows.

But Conor has size, reach, and height advantage. He's a master counterstriker whether you want to admit it or not. He does extremely well when he has a size and especially a reach advantage over his opponents. At FW Conor has gone 3 rounds without slowing down much (as seen in the Max fight).

I would favor FW Conor over Volk.

Back