• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 207 - Nunes vs Rousey - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me, but if you were offended by him or anyone on an Internet forum, you need to grow some balls. JB and Robbie would bicker like an old married couple every time I checked the thread and I'm pretty sure JB would welcome Robbie back w open arms.

To everyone else who needs their safe space, just reminding you that we have an "ignore button"

Ok I'm done on the topic before I get dubs lol

Oh boy. From his column he just tweeted out, Brett Okamoto writes:

" Nine days from now, Cain Velasquez will face Fabricio Werdum in a three-round heavyweight fight at UFC 207 in Las Vegas.

Amazing, considering the fact it's currently difficult for Velasquez to stand upright any longer than 10 minutes due to pain in his lower body."

" Nine days from now, Cain Velasquez will face Fabricio Werdum in a three-round heavyweight fight at UFC 207 in Las Vegas.

Amazing, considering the fact it's currently difficult for Velasquez to stand upright any longer than 10 minutes due to pain in his lower body."
huge if true. Cain's also bull headed about not pulling out. He fought JDS on Fox 1 with a bum knee, and his string of injuries put a lot of pressure on him to show up this time. So he may fight even if severely injured.

he didn't keep any account of his betting results for anybody else to see. his bragging and arrogant troll-talk was a put-off too many serious bettors who otherwise might decide to stop in, and weigh their insights instead.

He post-style was obnoxious, and you see it in the way other posters pick it up and equally pollute the board. The crap he put into his posts; the tangents, the insults, the inability to calmly talk with other posters on this board, far negatively outweigh any benefit you speak of him bringing.

Just LOL at this guy complaining about "troll-talk", "obnoxious" post style and "insults". For those unaware of his track record, check the politics thread.

Lol at so much love for DawggieTop now that he is gone. The thing is the internet is a very entertaining place. If you simply want SNGs head to Reddit, Imgur or a multitude of other sites. I don't mind some jokes and memes but there is a lot of money at stake on these fights.

It is nice to come here and gain valuable information without having to scan through pages and pages of trash. Think of it this way, there are tons of place on the internet for fucking around but there aren't a lot of places where you can discuss betting on fights.

If people mainly want to fuck around then they should go hang out on the rest of the internet... My 2c.

Maybe it's just me, but if you were offended by him or anyone on an Internet forum, you need to grow some balls. JB and Robbie would bicker like an old married couple every time I checked the thread and I'm pretty sure JB would welcome Robbie back w open arms.

To everyone else who needs their safe space, just reminding you that we have an "ignore button"

Ok I'm done on the topic before I get dubs lol
Yeah me and robbie always hashed it out in the PMs. I just want the guy to realize when he needs to chill lol it was like he was intentionally seeing how far he could take it after getting yellow'd.

Fwiw, I'm still talking to robbie (I can't elaborate on how but lets just say if anyone thought he was my boyfriend irl I couldn't deny it) and he seems to understand now he needs to chill if he ever came back

Cain with scheduled back surgery and confirmed smoking that ganja hmm (ponder emoji)

Jesus. Do we hit Werdum now? Surely come fight week more people become keen to this info

Yeah me and robbie always hashed it out in the PMs. I just want the guy to realize when he needs to chill lol it was like he was intentionally seeing how far he could take it after getting yellow'd.

Fwiw, I'm still talking to robbie (I can't elaborate on how but lets just say if anyone thought he was my boyfriend irl I couldn't deny it) and he seems to understand now he needs to chill if he ever came back
Are you two recreating Sage vs Gall in your bedroom?

Genuinely sounds like Cain is fighting so he can afford, what is most likely, a very expensive surgery.

Jesus. Do we hit Werdum now? Surely come fight week more people become keen to this info

People are already getting the info. On betfair werdum was +210. Literally 20 minutes after brett's tweet it jumped back down to +175. Maybe coincidence but probably not

Long time lurker and new poster. Thanks for all the info you guys put up.

Will Cain even be medically cleared if that's accurate? I'm guessing this is laying the groundwork for another Cain pullout. Had a few bets on Cain Dec +179 that I'm not particularly excited about anymore.

Ugh with this Cain news. Feel much less excited about my Cain dec bet.

Man this Cain talk is really tempting me into loading up on Werdum. Was thinking of it before the injury talk depending on how Werdum looked at weigh ins but got the fear that all this talk feel like I should get the money on Werdum now because his odds will only get worse.

Not had chance to see any Rousey interviews, how's she sounding? Hoping that the Holm fight makes her go back to her roots and come out and destroy via grappling but so many MMA fighters are dumb. She's known for being emotional and I wouldnt be surprised if she comes out with the mindset of wanting to show off her striking to kinda try to dismiss talk that her striking is shit, Edmund seems the type to encourage that too. Only recent stuff I've seen of her is gifs of dodgy shadowboxing. But yeah, any interviews with her talking about a grappling approach?

Lol at so much love for DawggieTop now that he is gone. The thing is the internet is a very entertaining place. If you simply want SNGs head to Reddit, Imgur or a multitude of other sites. I don't mind some jokes and memes but there is a lot of money at stake on these fights.

It is nice to come here and gain valuable information without having to scan through pages and pages of trash. Think of it this way, there are tons of place on the internet for fucking around but there aren't a lot of places where you can discuss betting on fights.

If people mainly want to fuck around then they should go hang out on the rest of the internet... My 2c.
I agree. EZ gave Robbie so many chances. The guy just would not stop. I wasn't posting as much anymore because the thread just seemed like a huge foodfight between small children.

I had to bite on Werdum for two units at +189 after all this injury talk. Maybe you guys recall that Cain blamed fighting injured on that first show on Big Fox when he got stopped by JDS.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/18322388/mark-hunt-return-alistair-overeem-march-4-ufc-209

Amazing, considering the fact it's currently difficult for Velasquez to stand upright any longer than 10 minutes due to pain in his lower body.

Velasquez, 34, is experiencing pain in his right leg, due to pressure on his sciatic nerve caused by bone spurs. Earlier this year, pain in his left leg forced him out of a scheduled title fight at UFC 196.

"It's an achy pain that goes down your leg and it gets to a point where if you're standing for 10 minutes, you have to sit down," Velasquez told ESPN.com. "If you're going out for a while, a half-hour, you know it's going to be pretty painful. You have to sit down and take the compression off your back.

The option of pulling out of yet another fight (something Velasquez has been forced to do multiple times) was discussed, but ultimately he and his team found a different solution: Cannabidiol (CBD).

"It's the only thing that allows me to still train, and I'm not taking a harmful pain killer into my body that I'll later become addicted to," Velasquez said.

CBD is not a banned substance under the UFC's anti-doping program during out-of-competition testing. Velasquez plans to discontinue use at least one week prior to the fight, in order to stay in compliance with the program. He also plans on receiving a cortisone shot to help with any pain.

The in-competition window is six hours prior to weigh-ins through six hours after the fight.

"As far as preparation, I've done everything," Velasquez said. "I've sparred, wrestled. I'm not missing workouts at all. I've done my conditioning -- everything. I feel great going into this.

this is borderline hilarious "I feel great going into this." The dude can't even stand for ten minutes straight without pain a couple of days before a heavyweight cage fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FELIPETHEEAGLEVEIGA
Back