UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said in the morning that he was watching tape on Masvidal and that he was going to place his bet that night.
He places the bet -> Big line movement
He makes his podcast picking JDS and bets JDS -> big line movement

Don't forget what happened in the Duquesnoy - Williams line when he bet Duquesnoy
also Marshman Santos under and Dodson Wineland under.

I was so sad when I hammered the Marshman Santos over, fading fury, and the under hit by 9 seconds :(

also Marshman Santos under and Dodson Wineland under.

I was so sad when I hammered the Marshman Santos over, fading fury, and the under hit by 9 seconds :(

I bet the over too... The early stoppage fucked me up.

I think it's hilarious how successful Luca has become. Good for him.

anyone looking at stipe in round 1 at +425? his last 3 fights were round 1 knockout wins. Worth a shot at those odds.

Yeah and if you rewatch JDS/Stipe in their first fight Stipe was pretty aggressive and had JDS in some sticky spots in r1.

Weren't most people on Edgar against Aldo last year?

I know I was since Aldo was "slowing" after getting starched by Conor.

I might not bet the fight but I won't make the mistake of thinking someone is getting old too quick anymore.

To be fair Aldo is only 30 years old and hasn't taken nearly the punishment that Edgar has. Edgar has consistently fought larger men and is much more hittable than Aldo.

Plus the Aldo fight with Conor was what 9 seconds? Getting caught and showing signs of decline are two totally different things.

Last edited:
The people that cry the most about Luca are typically the ones that want others to respect their bets so much. It's upsetting to them that Luca gets more respect.

Fair? Lol, this is the MMA industry. He's exploiting a fan base that is easy to exploit. The industry in general is far from fair and typically people who talk the loudest are rewarded. Fighters that become popular and paid more is often not based on achievement, but popularity. Luca's doing the same thing.

The people that cry the most about Luca are typically the ones that want others to respect their bets so much. It's upsetting to them that Luca gets more respect.

What's Luca's dick taste like?

Maia +115 Jeez this line movement is forcing my hand. I had already planned to avoid this fight altogether.

I think Mas' way to win is to make this a boring fight and potshot Maia similar to how Silva fought. The way to avoid getting taken down is keep moving around and don't commit to your strikes. However, I don't believe Mas will fight this way. Mas has already said he is aiming for an early KO and I believe he will go for it.

Honestly, as a fan I hate this fight. I don't want either guy to lose :(

What's Luca's dick taste like?

I'm not the one obsessed with following him. I have no clue what his plays are every week. Others seem to be able to give you a daily update.

Anyone thinking the Luca craze keeps pushing Maia's line further into dog territory? +115 is tempting, but I am not sure it is the peak..

That's a big reach, imo.

Stephens lost a decision he should've won... To a guy that is nothing like Edgar... After he lost to Edgar... But he hurt him at one point... So that means Edgar will lose to yair?
So Frankie won a decision... To a guy that is nothing like yair... And that guy looked like total shit in his last fight... So how would this be a confidence boost that frankie should win? Cause that's how americanbeauty put it. And did I even mention that yair would win or edgar lose? I intended to point out that a decision win over stephens is kinda irrelevant to this fight, especially after stephens last outing which busted 2 of my parlays but im not mad with the decision. Stephens did not fight like the veteran he is, I mean at least try to cut the cage of instead of just following and try to land powershots without any set up

Last edited:
So Frankie won a decision... To a guy that is nothing like yair... And that guy looked like total shit in his last fight... So how would this be a confidence boost that frankie should win? Cause that's how americanbeauty put it

ah, i might've missed the context, my bad if so

How about a change of subject for a few hours.

Sergio +300 seems absurd especially as Cejudo's MMA wrestling is not good. Discuss.

So Frankie won a decision... To a guy that is nothing like yair... And that guy looked like total shit in his last fight... So how would this be a confidence boost that frankie should win? Cause that's how americanbeauty put it
Edit i have no idea wtf you guys are arguing about anymore

Maia +115 Jeez this line movement is forcing my hand. I had already planned to avoid this fight altogether.

I think Mas' way to win is to make this a boring fight and potshot Maia similar to how Silva fought. The way to avoid getting taken down is keep moving around and don't commit to your strikes. However, I don't believe Mas will fight this way. Mas has already said he is aiming for an early KO and I believe he will go for it.

Honestly, as a fan I hate this fight. I don't want either guy to lose :(
Rory lost the first round pretty hard but was able to stop most of Maias takedowns in the second/third and pieced him up on the feet. I don't think it's impossible for masvidal to do something similiar. Although Maia dec is probably the most likely outcome, good value on it aswell on +400 and better

Sergio +300 seems absurd especially as Cejudo's MMA wrestling is not good. Discuss.
agreed his td percentage is sitting at 31% not very impressive..he rarely goes for many td's either i will be on pettis for sure he can hold his own in the standup

The thing I don't get about Luca is why this is happening now, what has changed? Did he get a bunch of big customers last months? Are the bookies paying attention to him and changing the lines in advance? Cause it wasn't like this a few months ago, right?

I wouldn't say his MMA wrestling is "not good". It may not be quite as effective as you'd expect it to be given his credentials though. I think he easily decisions Sergio by mixing up takedowns + boxing myself, though -340 or whatever he's at does seem a little steep at this point.

Something that I don't think has been brought up is the size difference between Maia and Masvidal.

One has fought a lot at 185 and the other has fought a lot at 155. Some may not think there is much of an actual size difference between them but I think spending your time fighting people that are about 165-170 on fight night and others that are 200+ is much different. Of course it's been a few years but I think it is relevant.

Also, I don't remember the Henderson or Khabilov fights but Masvidal lost both. I think those are the best wrestlers he's fought in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back