UFC 213 pbp/discussion

Temping to take Miller via points.
<DrakeLaugh>

Giles won't have issues until he fights somebody at a decent level who can wrassle or at least very good tdd. Then his standup will be tested, hard to see many dudes getting up for long with that type of pressure if he can get them down consistently. Don't throw him to the sharks yet, let him grow a bit, he could be very good in a few years.

I threw a little on the under 2½ in this next fight at good odds, just for some action.

Jim Miller sub +950. I have to take a small stab at this.

Miller is such an underrated grappler, and Pettis is aggressive enough on the mat (though obviously competent) that he will give up position and leave himself open (see his fight vs Oliveira). Do I think Miller subs him? Probably not. But if Miller does pull the upset I think subbing Pettis could be how he does it. I think Miller has a 15% chance or better of catching a sub here (though probably not much better than that) so +950 warrants a small play.

Jim Miller sub +950. I have to take a small stab at this.

Miller is such an underrated grappler, and Pettis is aggressive enough on the mat (though obviously competent) that he will give up position and leave himself open (see his fight vs Oliveira). Do I think Miller subs him? Probably not. But if Miller does pull the upset I think subbing Pettis could be how he does it. I think Miller has a 15% chance or better of catching a sub here (though probably not much better than that) so +950 warrants a small play.

Agreed, definitely value there.

I see Miller getting Pettis down at least a few times, and if Pettis gets sloppy in a scramble or gives up his back when trying to get back up Miller has the ability to sub him.

Thought Ware had round in the bag until that terrible last minute for him

cody should have this easy, he takes him down at will now

Lol @ this dummy terrion falling for the taunting only to get taken down easy

Back