UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really LOVE this Parlay:

Melendez/Stephens O2½ -230 » Cejudo/Reis O2½ -260 » Martins -455 at +149

liking latifi after tape too. good match up. think he wins unless he gets caught with one of them knees

I already posted the same thing but bingo. No way Latifi doesn't wrestle.

Honestly who knows but I do think Latifi will set out to wrestle. Pedro is young and explosive. It seems smart if Latifi can get on top or at least get him against the fence to wear on him that would be a good r1 for Latifi. Latifi is going to either win or lose this fight depending on how he plays his cards in r1. Seems to me that tiring Pedro out and getting him into deeper water is a really good idea.

PS. I recommend everyone stop capping the AES fight it is just a shitshow.

I might be be crazy wrong, but I think the best play on this card is Mitch Clarke at +200 over Alex White +160….Clarke hasn't been very active but he still just 31 years old, and is a pretty damn solid wrestler/grappler with nice BJJ game. Meanwhile, Alex White has decent striking but as a package is mediocre at best and flat out bad at worst, it's the latter if you're an grading him on a UFC scale. While Alex will have better striking as long as it stays standing, Clarke is durable enough to wade in the pocket and take fire in order to get it to the mat. Indeed, it's unlikely to remain vertical given his flimsy TDD combined with Clarke's wrestling.

For Christ's sake, White was beaten by epitome of mediocrity in Clay Collard LOL and the only wins in his 2-4 UFC career are victories over Estevan Payan and Lord Artem Lobov. Meanwhile, Clarke lost his first two fight way back in 2011 but did win his next two, including a submission of Al Iaquinta. Furthermore, even on a two fight skid, those L's are understandable given that his opponents were to Michael Chiesa and Joe Duffy.

I just think the odds are way fucking off here. I think this fight should be a pick em' at worst, although I actually cap Clarke around -150 in the spot. I would increase those odds if it weren't for the fact that he is coming off of a 14 month absence. Nevertheless, styles make fights and Clarke has the perfect style to grind White out for three rounds or potentially snatch a submission.

dont know about -150 but i agree the odds is off here..i am just waiting to see if the odds get even better before i hit it.. stabbed his dec line now though +521 is just nuts

Hitting mitts - 3 min mark

I'm not on board with Latifi. I actually think Pedro stops him.

Also like Schev, Magny and Clarke

I'm not on board with Latifi. I actually think Pedro stops him.

Also like Schev, Magny and Clarke

Yeah I am on the Pedro train.

liking Schev and RDA.

Training at Jackson's MMA, after recovering from knee injury, teaching alot, got my black belt, running a business, alot of my pro fights were in Edmonton, White has problems with big strong grapplers, don't let him draw me into a slug fest, he's taller but smaller than me, I'm a big 155'er, we're both tough, FOTN, do my game not his, fight will be all over the place, I'm ready to go the full 15, I want to enjoy my life, get a puppy, watch cartoons with my girlfriend and make chicken parm pizza

I always want a finish, but I was happy with the win, training at Tristar, training with Kru Ash, also went to Thailand, taking my time to improve, I didn't want to go to the UFC retreat, because I had boxers coming in to train, but the UFC told me I had to go, it's all business for me, I like fighting Southpaws, I box with alot of southpaws, and sparring with tall guys, it will be a beautiful fight, it will be a martial arts display, if not you'll get the cage version, training with top level guys, all my training is specific to Glenn, I train with alot of fast young boxers, he hasn't seen the looks I will give him, I have speed, flash exchanges, I can wrestle, I can clinch, I'm super sharp, I sleep in gyms, I don't take vacations

I'm either in fight camp or out of fight camp, beach workouts, last loss, I didn't have a gameplan, new coach, new gym, didn't have cage control, I learned alot, you'll see it in this fight, they brought up Sarah's name a while ago, so she's been on the radar, 2 year layoff, I like to be on top, she likes to be on bottom, I need to finish Sarah, I train with chito vera, diego rivas, Albert Morales, I might drop to 125 after this fight, weight cut is easy so far, I feel really good with my takedowns, GNP, i learned alot of lessons last fight

My dog has an instagram, drinking lemon water, being shark tanked at the gym is not fun, I didn't start training MMA until I was 23, I had to say no to Rancid concert to train pads with my coach, I love hot cheetos, I'm auctioning all my fight kit to pay for bringing two extra coaches to Canada, second fight camp with team, she's a BJJ girl, I'm a wrestler, I have better striking, she's sloppy, this fight will be alot on the ground

sprinkled a bit on shev r4 and r5, +2500 and +3300 respectively.

as a side note, it looks like her sister antonina is transitioning to mma as well. she has a 40-1 kickboxing record.

Odds on Latifi drifting like hell....5Dimes @2.10 now (+110), BetOnline @2.25 (+125). Just because of the video that shows the height difference? (Nothing else I can think about)

Last edited:
A stream of injuries, injury after injury, I work at Canada post, I deliver mail, I took time off work to train for this fight, I train after work, the retreat was fun, it motivated me, great comeback fight for me, not worried about weight cut, it's sucks losing weight, will be a 2nd round KO

Be nice if Bookmaker actually had the Pedro line up

Lol. It's back up with Pedro -140

dont know about -150 but i agree the odds is off here..i am just waiting to see if the odds get even better before i hit it.. stabbed his dec line now though +521 is just nuts

Right, perhaps for the decision line small is best but Mitch can get the submission as well. Also, I should've noted the potential size disparity between the two. That is to say, Alex has historically competed talmost exclusively at 145 and this fight will be at 155 pounds. He did fight at lightweight in his last outing, but was smoked by the much larger Tony Martin. This time he's not going to be dwarfed in size like he was versus Martin, but he is going to be at a disadvantage.

Upon looking at tape to do research for this, I came across White's biggest foe — the paycheck. This was disgusting. From 2014 to 2017 his disclosed pay is $46,000 total over THREE fucking years! <Eek2.0>

... It was $10,000 against Clay Collard in 2014 then $24,000 against Artem in 2016 and finally $12,000 in his loss to Tony Martin in 2017.

He's had two fights cancelled so that factors in but still, that's a little over $15,000 per year! Even 46,000 a year $46,000 per year does poverty wages. I don't know how these lower tier guys do it. He could literally make that much being a fucking greeter at Walmart. Absolutely embarrassing for the UFC and a $4.3 billion company.

I have a gofundme to help fund fight camp, I'm broke, I didn't know if I want to keep on fighting again after I got injured, this fight camp I'm listening to my body, my nutritionist is from the UFC institute, I'm always looking for a finish, I just react in a fight, I have an amazing striking and wrestling coach, I will smash her where ever this fight goes, I'm a purple belt, train BJJ for mma

Was told I was going to be on this card 3 months ago, was announced later than others, got my weight off, took 3 months to recover from the injury, been at Jackson's for 5 weeks, training with Diego Sanchez, Gouti, so many great training partners, staying at the dorms, we're both gritty bangers, my grappling is better, be smart and fight my fight, dictate my fight, I'm bringing it, Greg and Wink has broke his game down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back