UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I train year round, AKA has been great, I have a great group of heavyweights in Canada, I love USADA, excited to let loose, over 200 fans coming to watch me fight, it will be phenomenal

I moved to California to train with TAM, now training with a good gym, I hope he doesn't want to run, I want to engage, training with Fili, Elkins, Palmer, ton of guys there, I have to eat more to keep the weight on, if he runs, I will a decision, if he engages, I'll get a finish

Opened up Tristar Vancouver, we're a family, I see alot of holes in his game, my fitness is much better, doing harder conditioning, we have some great amateur fighters, he always fights the same, he'll be very confused, I have a Canadian mma podcast

I had surgery for my shoulder, did motivational speaking, I moved back home because I couldn't afford Montreal, opened a gym, had alot of ups and down, now I'm happy, my game resolves around movement, I'm difficult to hit, he has good right hook, I think he'll try to KO me, I'm not in gym wars anymore, now I don't take damage in the gym, I will use distances and ranges

We're both southpaws, I hope he doesn't run, it might be an ugly fight, I've always been a fan of Fabers, super blessed to be at TAM, (came from Roufusport) I plan on taking him out quick, I'm durable, I just want to go in there and dominate, I don't like going to decision because people get screwed, if I would have lost, I might have got cut, I'll outpoint him and show him my footwork

I had surgery for my shoulder, did motivational speaking, I moved back home because I couldn't afford Montreal, opened a gym, had alot of ups and down, now I'm happy, my game resolves around movement, I'm difficult to hit, he has good right hook, I think he'll try to KO me, I'm not in gym wars anymore, now I don't take damage in the gym, I will use distances and ranges

I find it hard to believe someone who has been stopped 8 times by strikes is that difficult to hit..

Glenn saying he hopes Gavin doesn't run, aka he hopes he stands straight in front of him instead of using his speed and footwork and making Glenn look like hes stuck in mud all night.

I don't think you have a grasp on this fight; you think Latifi will look to wrestle..? Pedro is the one who wants to grapple. Latifi will want to take his head off.
Yeah I see Latifi going for 1st round ko, if that fails though he'll go to push Pedro up against the cage and go for a quick takedown. Pedro might get a submission.. he does seem like an opportunistic fighter

Really liked listening to tucker on james lynch pod. Intelligent guy fight wise and super dedicated. Could be a dark horse at 145

Moras is spewing red flags have to bet aes in some way. Said shes gonna wrestle so that means i get to look at her arse all fight

Watching tape. Pedro sucks.

Wouldnt say he sucks but i do like latifi here. The jan loss was flukey so that aside he seems to struggle with wrestlers of baders calibre or exceptional strikers. I dont think pedro fits either catergory

Pedro sucks, Latifi should win...and still odds rise on Latifi :s

Wouldnt say he sucks but i do like latifi here. The jan loss was flukey so that aside he seems to struggle with wrestlers of baders calibre or exceptional strikers. I dont think pedro fits either catergory
Ok sucks is exaggerating but in all seriousness he's really, really green and the betting lines are pure hype. So hittable, no smoothness to his game, clearly has a ways to go technically. How exactly is he gonna get Latifi down when he can't even get solid clinch position on Paul Craig, I do not know. And GOATifi isn't gonna be walking forward like a gassed zombie like Craig toward the end of that fight, which is possibly the only reason Craig got tagged when Pedro's stand up seems amateur.

Very happy GOATifi is a dog, solid bet

Ok sucks is exaggerating but in all seriousness he's really, really green and the betting lines are pure hype. So hittable, no smoothness to his game, clearly has a ways to go technically. How exactly is he gonna get Latifi down when he can't even get solid clinch position on Paul Craig, I do not know. And GOATifi isn't gonna be walking forward like a gassed zombie like Craig toward the end of that fight, which is possibly the only reason Craig got tagged when Pedro's stand up seems amateur.

Very happy GOATifi is a dog, solid bet
But the over 1.5 looks good.

But the over 1.5 looks good.
Na man GOATifi landing a bomb early seems highly probable. He's def gonna land on this fool, just a matter of how good the chin is. Much rather play Latifi moneyline and Latifi nsc if it's plus odds when released

You guys are close to trolling talking about Pedro.

Same stuff was said before his last 2 fights. I know I know, it's his opponents sucked.

Pedro can easily stop Latifi with knees especially

You guys are close to trolling talking about Pedro.

Same stuff was said before his last 2 fights. I know I know, it's his opponents sucked.

Pedro can easily stop Latifi with knees especially
Not even trolling dude my last post is 100% serious. Idk how anyone can even consider this guy a top prospect right now when you have new LHWs like Reyes, Rodriguez, Johnson, etc. nvm be favored to beat an established, tough LHW vet.

I could say Pedro finishing Latifi with knees is trolling, cause what proof is there this is a possibility? Paul Craig held onto a head arm position for a min with his back against he fence and Pedro couldn't find any way to do damage or get to a position where he could. But hes gonna clinch up a national wrestling champion in Sweden and knee him to death? Nothing on tape shows this as possible

I might be be crazy wrong, but I think the best play on this card is Mitch Clarke at +200 over Alex White +160….Clarke hasn't been very active but he still just 31 years old, and is a pretty damn solid wrestler/grappler with nice BJJ game. Meanwhile, Alex White has decent striking but as a package is mediocre at best and flat out bad at worst, it's the latter if you're an grading him on a UFC scale. While Alex will have better striking as long as it stays standing, Clarke is durable enough to wade in the pocket and take fire in order to get it to the mat. Indeed, it's unlikely to remain vertical given his flimsy TDD combined with Clarke's wrestling.

For Christ's sake, White was beaten by epitome of mediocrity in Clay Collard LOL and the only wins in his 2-4 UFC career are victories over Estevan Payan and Lord Artem Lobov. Meanwhile, Clarke lost his first two fight way back in 2011 but did win his next two, including a submission of Al Iaquinta. Furthermore, even on a two fight skid, those L's are understandable given that his opponents were to Michael Chiesa and Joe Duffy.

I just think the odds are way fucking off here. I think this fight should be a pick em' at worst, although I actually cap Clarke around -150 in the spot. I would increase those odds if it weren't for the fact that he is coming off of a 14 month absence. Nevertheless, styles make fights and Clarke has the perfect style to grind White out for three rounds or potentially snatch a submission.
Mitch sub is good but i feel he will have a very hard time taking white down. White will prob be able to keep it up and win a dec cuz Mitch's td is just not that good. Mitch may be able to keep it a close fight and its in canada so I can understand playing Mitch on that view.

Most of Pedro's wins are from taking his opponent down. He's not gonna get Latifi down by wrestling.
We saw the quality of Aussie wrestling last week from a wrestler named Rob Wilkinson.

Not even trolling dude my last post is 100% serious. Idk how anyone can even consider this guy a top prospect right now when you have new LHWs like Reyes, Rodriguez, Johnson, etc. nvm be favored to beat an established, tough LHW vet.

I could say Pedro finishing Latifi with knees is trolling, cause what proof is there this is a possibility? Paul Craig held onto a head arm position for a min with his back against he fence and Pedro couldn't find any way to do damage or get to a position where he could. But hes gonna clinch up a national wrestling champion in Sweden and knee him to death? Nothing on tape shows this as possible

So he sucks or he's not a top prospect?

You're nitpicking a fight he completely dominated and finished the guy in less than a round.

I didn't say Latifi sucks or Pedro was a lock. But to act like Pedro is not the type of fighter that can give Latifi problems is crazy. What if Latifi can't take and keep him down. Will he just stare at him throwing a haymaker every minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back