UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of Pedro's wins are from taking his opponent down. He's not gonna get Latifi down by wrestling.
We saw the quality of Aussie wrestling last week from a wrestler named Rob Wilkinson.

So what if they both can't take each other down. U think Latifi is gonna mayweather him?

i still think there is a decent chance Pedro can make it hard for Latifi even if fight stays on the feet.. giant height and reach advantage bigger then anyone Latifi faced so far.. i also thought Pedro looked improved on the feet vs Craig and now he had 6+month to improve further at JW.. also feel like ppl are overrating Latifi hwo's best win is what? a dec over Villante? lol

So he sucks or he's not a top prospect?

You're nitpicking a fight he completely dominated and finished the guy in less than a round.

I didn't say Latifi sucks or Pedro was a lock. But to act like Pedro is not the type of fighter that can give Latifi problems is crazy. What if Latifi can't take and keep him down. Will he just stare at him throwing a haymaker every minute
Both

What? Who cares when it ended. A fight happened, and in that fight things happened. And you look at those things, and they help you get a grasp for how much Pedro sucks. This is how all tape watch work. Just cause the fight lasted 4 mins doesn't mean there's nothing to see....

If Latifi can't take him down he has set ups for his hands and decent range awareness. What does Pedro have? And what draws you to the conclusion Pedro can knee him to death?

Both

What? Who cares when it ended. A fight happened, and in that fight things happened. And you look at those things, and they help you get a grasp for how much Pedro sucks. This is how all tape watch work. Just cause the fight lasted 4 mins doesn't mean there's nothing to see....

If Latifi can't take him down he has set ups for his hands and decent range awareness. What does Pedro have? And what draws you to the conclusion Pedro can knee him to death?
Pretty much. Craig wasn't completely dominated, having landed a few decent shots of his own before getting caught going for a Superman Punch for no fking reason and then kinda stumbling into rockedness. Craig's a fighter that a decent kickboxer should /dominate/, which isn't exactly what we saw.

I feel like this is why the odds are so weird. People just looking at Pedro having 2 R1 finishes, not considering that he got two of the bottom of the barrel at LHW (Rountree's not totally shit, but RNCing him's not that difficult) and projecting him to beat a legit top 10 dude.

Guys pedros never been out of r1 could have horrible cardio. If latifi cant get td's why cant he just do what did to villante and wear him out on the fence. I know pedro recovered from a roundtree shot but we still dont really know what his chins like and latifi is going to hit him hard at least a few times. At dog odds latifi is 100% the right side

Both

Dude. I'm not fucking saying he's Jon Jones! But to take a few moments from a fight he dominated is stretching.

And clinch work against a tall opponent and short opponent are 2 entirely different things.

U are the one acting as if Latifi was a lock. I'm just saying it's closer than u think.

One thing I'm also noticing is that every event there are a couple of guys that dudes in here scream are bums. And usually those bums either make fights close or actually win

Doesn't matter anyway. Pedro is now a fave so I see no value. All those idiot bettors betting on the bum ruined my bet

Guys pedros never been out of r1 could have horrible cardio. If latifi cant get td's why cant he just do what did to villante and wear him out on the fence. I know pedro recovered from a roundtree shot but we still dont really know what his chins like and latifi is going to hit him hard at least a few times. At dog odds latifi is 100% the right side

At dog odds I see it. I was on Pedro as a dog

Dude. I'm not fucking saying he's Jon Jones! But to take a few moments from a fight he dominated is stretching.

And clinch work against a tall opponent and short opponent are 2 entirely different things.

U are the one acting as if Latifi was a lock. I'm just saying it's closer than u think.

One thing I'm also noticing is that every event there are a couple of guys that dudes in here scream are bums. And usually those bums either make fights close or actually win

Doesn't matter anyway. Pedro is now a fave so I see no value. All those idiot bettors betting on the bum ruined my bet

Pedro beating Rountree was more a product of Rountree having negative fight IQ than anything good Pedro did apart from getting dropped hard. Craig-Pedro was a shitfest of a fight. Wilkinson-Bayarzudar 2: Electric Boogaloo, especially as Pedro isn't training anywhere decent. It's not impossible Pedro pulls it off, but it sure as hell shouldn't be a 45-55 like the public seems to think. Latifi's not even especially chinny. He got stopped by a body shot and Bader landing a /beautiful/ knee he ducked into. Going 3 rounds with Villante fairly easy is enough to convince me that he's not going to be phased by any shots that Pedro throws, if Pedro's been hiding a proper striking game somewhere.

Lettuce not forget this card is in canadia, land of partial judging.

If you think the fights going to decision and it could be close, pick the canadian

Lettuce not forget this card is in canadia, land of partial judging.

If you think the fights going to decision and it could be close, pick the canadian
Good point. Canada arguably has the most biased judges.

Sorry dude but can't agree. Not sure how proper tape watch is stretching anything. And if you watched the tape, you'd see @Gugabe is right and it wasnt this lopsided beating you're making it sound like. It was a fairly competitive, ridiculously sloppy fight before Craig gassed and came at him like a slow bum zombie.

Yeah, its gonna be even harder to clinch with Latifi cause of his stature lol nvm the skill difference in that area between Latifi and Paul Craig. Again, how exactly is he gonna knee Latifi to death like you see it playing out? Do you really think everytime the knee comes up Latifi won't tighten his position on his hips? That size difference is only gonna make that easier, not easier for Pedro to magically become a muay thai killing machine.

Latifi isn't a lock but very #elite. I cap him -150 easy.

Sorry dude but can't agree. Not sure how proper tape watch is stretching anything. And if you watched the tape, you'd see @Gugabe is right and it wasnt this lopsided beating you're making it sound like. It was a fairly competitive, ridiculously sloppy fight before Craig gassed and came at him like a slow bum zombie.

Yeah, its gonna be even harder to clinch with Latifi cause of his stature lol nvm the skill difference in that area between Latifi and Paul Craig. Again, how exactly is he gonna knee Latifi to death like you see it playing out? Do you really think everytime the knee comes up Latifi won't tighten his position on his hips? That size difference is only gonna make that easier, not easier for Pedro to magically become a muay thai killing machine.

Latifi isn't a lock but very #elite. I cap him -150 easy.

It's a hell of a lot easier to knee latifi in the grill in a clinch then Craig.

I know when u get on a side u get a bit excited. I'm just saying I think u are getting a bit wild here. U know u tend to when u pick a side. I know u know u do. Lol

Anyway, Latifi as a dog is A OK in my book

JB. I love u man. But u tend to go hyperbole on things. Me saying I could see a guy stopping someone with knees does not equal kneeing to death.

There really is no reason to exaggerate things if your confdent

It's a hell of a lot easier to knee latifi in the grill in a clinch then Craig.

I know when u get on a side u get a bit excited. I'm just saying I think u are getting a bit wild here. U know u tend to when u pick a side. I know u know u do. Lol

Anyway, Latifi as a dog is A OK in my book
Cheap ass argument to say i'm just excited. I've laid out proper reasons why Latifi is a great bet. All you've said is Pedro can knee Latifi cause hes taller, and clearly haven't watched tape.....

Good point. Canada arguably has the most biased judges.

i thought the same becourse of the Markos DEC but went back and looked on past events and overall it was not bad at all..

Latifi is one strong mofo and hes excellent in the clinch. No way he gets ragdolled in there like craig did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back