UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most dogs I think I have ever played. Barb, Lineker, Carla dec, Glenn and Smolka. Some of these lines are utterly ridiculous. I was looking to play Cynthia and Nicolau after tape, but I was expecting Cyn in the -130 range and Nicolau to possibly be the dog or a slight fav. I still think both win, but +300 for Smolka is crazy.
Dogs are classically where the money is in MMA, IMO. You've been able to get 10% ROI just hammering every dog between +110 and +170 over the last 5 years, and can easily improve that by removing the absurdities.

Im on literally almost every dog this event..magny. Esparza. Barb. Smolka. Hooker. Glenn..some are due to price. But i think theres a good chance most of those hit. Hell i might even play holm.
Edit: i do like cyborg sub too ill be playing that

Dogs are classically where the money is in MMA, IMO. You've been able to get 10% ROI just hammering every dog between +110 and +170 over the last 5 years, and can easily improve that by removing the absurdities.
You using that Gamblou capping system? thats what I'm about, bout to take this betting game over

Typically i only have 2-3 plays per card but I'm loading up on live dogs here,

Barboza
Esparza
Rivera decision
Magny
Hooker

Also considering Rick Glenn, he should not be a 2-1 dog.

Typically i only have 2-3 plays per card but I'm loading up on live dogs here,

Barboza
Esparza
Rivera decision
Magny
Hooker

Also considering Rick Glenn, he should not be a 2-1 dog.
Damn bro I hope you aren't parlaying any of those and not betting any serious money.

LOL only low level bettors parlay dogs. I'm a high level bettor, my dogs will cash, you'll see.

I have a hard time betting on nearly all the fights you listed.

Barboza - My heart tells me he is the one to take out Khabib but then I remember the Varner and Cerrone fights.

Esparza - I don't think her wrestling is enough to stop the BJJ of Calvillo, also the memory of Joanna stomping Esparza into oblivion.

Rivera decision - Yeah I can see that but Linekar has insane durability and if the fight goes toward a brawl I see Linekar catching him.

Magny might be the guy to show us Condit it done especially after the long lay off but Condit has the skills to smash Magny if there is some juice left.

Hooker - Agreed.

I have a hard time betting on nearly all the fights you listed.

Barboza - My heart tells me he is the one to take out Khabib but then I remember the Varner and Cerrone fights.

Esparza - I don't think her wrestling is enough to stop the BJJ of Calvillo, also the memory of Joanna stomping Esparza into oblivion.

Rivera decision - Yeah I can see that but Linekar has insane durability and if the fight goes toward a brawl I see Linekar catching him.

Magny might be the guy to show us Condit it done especially after the long lay off but Condit has the skills to smash Magny if there is some juice left.

Hooker - Agreed.
This level is too high for you. sorry but I only care about my own opinion and Gamblou's, you have to be closed minded to be successful in this game. I'm a proven high level winner, all my bets are high level and have angles.

This level is too high for you. sorry but I only care about my own opinion and Gamblou's, you have to be closed minded to be successful in this game. I'm a proven high level winner, all my bets are high level and have angles.
Gamblou was beting last time Robbie, but I respect your opinion

Wanted to play Vetorri but damn.. he gassed after r1 against Miranda.
Omari is tempting at this odds, he has good wrestling and can take 2 rounds.

Omari gasses just as bad and hes a ww gonna be well undersized. Vettori gassed yes but he still gutted it out and took r3 off miranda. Vettori has solid tdd and solid get ups. Omari has only managed to hold down tin can noke. Four of omari's five ufc wins are over retired fighters. Two retired straight after omari beat them and the other two had another three fights between them before retiring and lost all three. He beat a green as fuck razak whod never been past 90 seconds. Vettori ran acj close and showed against uda and acj his top game is fuckin legit. Also got up from under acj a couple of times no problem. Vettori is 24 long term student at kings kid is improving still. Omari is switching gyms and changing weight classes and any time hes faced a decent ufc opponent hes been finished.

Lines too wide but i cant bet carla. Looked shit last two fights randa and moroz stuffed lots of td attempts carla telegraphs most of her shots way too much. Carlas best td is the single but if she goes for that on cyn shes in serious danger of being out scrambled or having her back taken. Cyn did this beautifully against pearl. If i was carla i would be very hesitant to hit the single which leaves her with a double only. Yeah she could hit a few on cyn but she got nothin going against moroz from top and moroz easily stood up on a number of occasions. I give cyn the edge standing and i think cyn out scrambles her when carla shoots. Need cyn to drop to -200 or so to play her tho.

Last edited:
Daniel Hooker +165

Diakiese got exposed by Drakkar Klose. Diakiese is ultra athletic and he's got a lot of potential but his last fight showed that he has massive holes in his game. He doesn't know how to set up his strikes and he just relies too much on his athleticism. It's the same with his grappling, he goes for all these untechnical power TD's that cost a lot of energy but he can pull it off because he's a great athlete.

Hooker seems so much better physically at 155, his tall frame is much better suited for the division. I was impressed with his performance vs Pearson, so much better than the Knight fight, gotta attribute most of that to the new weight class. At 155, Daniel Hooker is a going to be a much better fighter.

Diakiese has never fought a striker on the level of Hooker. One of the big reasons I like this match up for Hooker stylistically is because of the leg kicks. Hooker has good leg kicks and he throws a lot of them, Diakiese got his lead leg compromised badly in his last last and didn't seem to have an answer.

I think Hooker out strikes and out classes Diakiese on the feet. Diakiese will try to wrestle and he might have success early but I think Hooker takes over er in the fight.
One thing with Hooker, Pearson was taging him in r2. He was losing until the knee

Marvin Vettori

-preparation going well, 3 weeks out looking forward to it
-moved to new place, 6-7 months ago, summer went well never stopped training enjoying beach
-missed xmas for 2 years, wants to spend this time with family
-admits new things still to improve on from last fight
-says miranda was a tough fight and hard to finish him, says got the better of standing exchanges
and took him down when he wanted, controlled fight so was happy overall
-had some little injuries so he is glad did not fight so soon after last fight, wants to fight 2-3 times p year
-matches up well against omari, suggest he sticks to his wrestling and stand up and gasses r2/r3, suggest he will have size advantage also.
-been improving on his take down defence game, can take him down and stay heavy on top but wants
the finish.
-working at kings mma, training with patrick cummings, mark munhoz, werdum for their upcoming fights
-woke up 206 pounds so wont be an issue
-will stuff first few take downs and keep pressure, frustrate omari to commit to something badly and will take advantage via ko

Mark Diakiese

-training ATT and living there?
-living in states now and not UK, adjusting to new rules and regulations
-wanted high profile fight and hooker ko pearson
-says his opponents dangerous can strike with him also
-worked with titan fc guys/champs, always different guys daily.
-happy with weight cut its all going well
-wants a ko win here against hooker
-wants to fight in england, london next
-feels klose didn't beat him and got lucky with him
-discusses cheat weekend, a weekend where you can eat burgers + chips, fast food
-wants to visit vegas after this fight to enjoy it

Dan hooker

-says had a good night and result but could have done better (pearson fight)
-says was difficult fighting in front of home crowd (pressure from family and his people)
-first time fighting in vegas
-been before while training with neil magny, drew dober.
-exciting card and fight with mark, taking it day by day to enjoy the experience
-matches up well, says mark is sharp and an dangerous fighter but he too has his HL reels.
-seen the klose fight few times, suggest klose won but mark can do better then that.
-training camp is hard, 8 weeks of increasing the stress and peak to the best he is. Body feeling good now though. Training with an 11-0 glory kickboxing fighter and other world champs.
-stays in shape all year round, so weight remains ready. stays 80% ready so the cut is easy.
-suggest full camp he is a better beast.
-gonna get in early and hit the ufc performance institute and enjoy his free lunch down there
-will be a super tough fight, mark brings in and his cardio and pace is good. Wants to set a high
pressure fight early, expects a war and wants FOTN.
-teaches and trains young fighters as a hobby
-says watching tape is a whole other session, needs to rewatch tape for 2-3 hours on one tape. Turns off commentary to watch and understand it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back