UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moraes vs Rivera is a better fight. Shame about my bets though, had Lineker nsc at plus odds and also put some on tko @+445.

Moraes vs Rivera is a better fight. Shame about my bets though, had Lineker nsc at plus odds and also put some on tko @+445.
Yeah it's a much better fight.

Fun fact about Lineker anyway (because it's xmas and I'm bored).. the reason he doesn't have a typically Brazilian name is because he was named after this dude during the 1990 world cup..

Gary+LINEKER+-+Panini+ANgleterre+1990.png

Americans going who the fuck is that? Legendary English soccer player & now senior sports presenter for the BBC.

Marc diakiese is going to style on Daniel hooker

Someone humor me- has Cyborg ever been hit hard? I admittedly dont watch much WMMA. Holm by TKO at over +1000 is very tempting for a small stab

not sure but then again Holm is pillow fisted so does it really matter :D only way it happends is another hail mary high kick KO imo

not sure but then again Holm is pillow fisted so does it really matter :D only way it happends is another hail mary high kick KO imo
Crazier things have happened. I can’t see Holly winning any other way. And I don’t think she stands a <10% chance of winning

3 fights in 50 days sounds like kind of a lot. Even if he barely broke a sweat vs Sterling, is it healthy to do 3 weight cuts in that short time span?
Nope, my friend had 2 fights in 3 weeks. He cuts alot of weight to make 170 lbs. He gassed bad in the second fight, still won but he said later that he will never do 2 weight cuts in such short period of time. About Oleksiejczuk, he was signed by FEN. This is the second organisation after KSW in Poland. He was champ there, he has a bigger chance against Rhountree than against Cutelaba.

Like many dogs for this event, Magny, Esparza, Holm, Barboza, Akhmedov.

This event for livebet will be great.

Akhmedov +185

Akhmedov is from Dagestan, I like betting on fighters from Dagestan, proven winners.

Akhmedov's two biggest flaws are his chin and his cardio. The move to 185 makes me think that both of these issues could be improved, he was huge at 170 and must have been depleting himself significantly.

I bet Akhmedov is his last fight, +220 dog vs Razak, who was still unproven and green. People underestimated Akhmedov, even though he has a suspect chin and cardio, both held up in that fight, one of his best performances.

Vettori is a decent euro prospect, I like that he's at Kings MMA, well rounded fighter, decent athlete. Vettori has also shown a suspect gas tank, he's dangerous early but he slows down significantly and becomes much less dangerous after the 1st round.

In Akmedov's recent losses, his opponents were better conditioned and were able to come from behind to get late stoppages in the 3rd round. I don't see Vettori doing this, if anything I expect Akhmedov to have the better cardio.

Akhmedov will have a clear wrestling advantage and I think he's going to get TD's on Vettori. Akhmedov's striking is mostly made up of him throwing looping hooks at his opponents, he's a power puncher, it's not pretty but it's been effective. Vettori is the much more technical striker and he's also a southpaw, Akhmedov has only faced one southpaw in the UFC, Brian Ebersole.

Akhmedov is doing is camp at ATT again, this is nothing but positive, I like guys moving up in weight and the results are successful more often than not. He's on a nice little run and I'm looking forward to seeing him at 185.

The line is wide, I like Akhmedov to win this fight, he's a grown man in his prime, Vettori is still a kid, gonna show him that Dagestan wrestling.

We got that hand game too, bout to beat the brakes of somebody

I doubt he can get vettori down acj had to fight tooth and nail for any td's and vettori always sprung back up quickly if acj did get him down. Omari has horrid top control hes only been able to hold down tin can noke no way he can hold vett down and i question if he can even get him down. Sadistics pointed out omari weighed 182 last time he fought at mw vett is a big boy at mw size diff gonna be apparent. Nilsson only person to try to take omari down and he had no problem doing so vett is a beast on top battered acj even from top.

Omari going back to att and moving up feels like a double reach to me. Vett is not a kid hes a 24 yr old bull and he should be improving fight to fight especially being ft at kings. Omaris only beaten fighters who subsequently retired or razak whod never been past the 90 sec mark. The young bull is gonna topple the old bull here

Crazier things have happened. I can’t see Holly winning any other way. And I don’t think she stands a <10% chance of winning
Cyborg got dropped several times by Jorina Baers in a kickboxing match. First was a front kick, that one was the hardest hit she ever received as far as I can tell, she stepped into the front kick and her eyes rolled back and she dropped to the floor. Another head kick hurt her pretty bad also. Was pretty fascinating to see a seemingly invulnerable fighter get dropped like that. She showed a lot of heart though, and she was also clearly much stronger in the clinch, she would maul Baars in a streetfight. Whole fight is worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back