UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he can get vettori down acj had to fight tooth and nail for any td's and vettori always sprung back up quickly if acj did get him down. Omari has horrid top control hes only been able to hold down tin can noke no way he can hold vett down and i question if he can even get him down. Sadistics pointed out omari weighed 182 last time he fought at mw vett is a big boy at mw size diff gonna be apparent. Nilsson only person to try to take omari down and he had no problem doing so vett is a beast on top battered acj even from top.

Omari going back to att and moving up feels like a double reach to me. Vett is not a kid hes a 24 yr old bull and he should be improving fight to fight especially being ft at kings. Omaris only beaten fighters who subsequently retired or razak whod never been past the 90 sec mark. The young bull is gonna topple the old bull here
You make a great argument for Vettori, good points.

But Alberto Uda took him down once briefly and so did ACJ, 4 times. Akhmedov is a better wrestler than both those guys.

Vettori had some close rounds vs Miranda, he had to edge to 2nd and 3rd out with top control. Miranda was coming off a long layoff and shoulder surgery, prior to that Miranda was soundly outwrestled by Chris Camozzi. Vettori actually had a much tougher time with Miranda than Camozzi did.

Yes Vettori is a young bull but Akhmedov isn't exactly an old one, he just turned 30 and he's hitting his prime.

Takedowns are key for Akhmedov, he can hold his own on the feet, his power punching makes him dangerous, he also throws some good kicks to the legs and body. Vettori will have the advantage standing but could lose rounds by getting taken down.

Still haven't touched Akhmedov, maybe I should wait till weigh ins, good point about him being 182 last time. I do expect the line to tighten a bit, which tempts me to bet now. Already have a lot of plays, not trying to force anything but this line seems wide.

If Omari comes trying to wrestle he will get stuffed to the mat, swept, or guillotined in a scramble or off a sloppy shot. Acj has like 30 pounds on him and still struggled with vettori. Vettori is a grappler first and striker second, just been at kings so youve seen more striking in his ufc bouts. Pretty confident Omari can’t hang with vettori on the mat.

question if he can even get him down. Sadistics pointed out omari weighed 182 last time he fought at mw vett is aNilsson only person to try to take omari down and he had no problem doing so vett is a beast on top battered acj even from top.

I don't agree, Nilsson is FILA world champ and have tons of international no-gi medals, Omari's wrestling is probly among the best in UFC. I see Omari geting a dec or Tko here, i think odds should be atlases around even

I don't get, why so many People are on Magny.I know that Condit had layoff, but still he kills Magny at striking, I think he can sweep Magny or stand back up.Even in weak shape, less motivated he should eat Magny imo

People want Budden back? I blocked him a month ago because I was tired of all the arguments and threads being 30 pages with half of it bs and hashtags.

I think people are underestimating Rivera. Moraes is a stud though.

I don't agree, Nilsson is FILA world champ and have tons of international no-gi medals, Omari's wrestling is probly among the best in UFC. I see Omari geting a dec or Tko here, i think odds should be atlases around even

What fights from Omari make you believe he can consistently get vettori down and control him from top? He has a good blast double but shit top control. Couldn’t hold down a green as fuck Razak. Vettori gave acj some issues on the mat. If vett gets top position on Omari it’s probably a wrap as he either tkos him or Omari is exhausted by the time the rounds over.

I don't get, why so many People are on Magny.I know that Condit had layoff, but still he kills Magny at striking, I think he can sweep Magny or stand back up.Even in weak shape, less motivated he should eat Magny imo
I was on board w your line of thinking but go back and look at all the red flags that have been presented. Then realize you’re paying juice for a guy that hasn’t been training, is prob only fighting for a payday, and a guy who has consistently shown poor tdd. I think you’re better off passing than betting Condit if you can’t stomach a bet on Magny

Does anyone know what level is Rick Glenns ground game ?

Edit he is a brown belt

Magny still got his eyes on the belt and i can see Magny dominating standing and wrestling. Condit have brought in wrestler to train with probly trying to replicate what RDA did and I don't see that happening.

What fights from Omari make you believe he can consistently get vettori down and control him from top? He has a good blast double but shit top control. Couldn’t hold down a green as fuck Razak. Vettori gave acj some issues on the mat. If vett gets top position on Omari it’s probably a wrap as he either tkos him or Omari is exhausted by the time the rounds over.

The wrestling in Acj vs Vetori fight didn't impress me at all, it was slow and heavy. Omari have learned to pace himself in his last fights and don't think he will gas harder then Vettori. Omari showed great timing on his TD in Nilsson and Razak fight and I think the both have better TDD then Vett. Vett uses a lot of forward motion when he strikes that helps Omari to set up his TD's. Omari used to go for big shots on the ground and leaves openings to stand back up, in his recent fights he seems more tactical. Once again Omari tko or a dec win

You make a great argument for Vettori, good points.

But Alberto Uda took him down once briefly and so did ACJ, 4 times. Akhmedov is a better wrestler than both those guys.

Vettori had some close rounds vs Miranda, he had to edge to 2nd and 3rd out with top control. Miranda was coming off a long layoff and shoulder surgery, prior to that Miranda was soundly outwrestled by Chris Camozzi. Vettori actually had a much tougher time with Miranda than Camozzi did.

Yes Vettori is a young bull but Akhmedov isn't exactly an old one, he just turned 30 and he's hitting his prime.

Takedowns are key for Akhmedov, he can hold his own on the feet, his power punching makes him dangerous, he also throws some good kicks to the legs and body. Vettori will have the advantage standing but could lose rounds by getting taken down.

Still haven't touched Akhmedov, maybe I should wait till weigh ins, good point about him being 182 last time. I do expect the line to tighten a bit, which tempts me to bet now. Already have a lot of plays, not trying to force anything but this line seems wide.

Uda got him to his butt but vett stood straight back up and took him down not a td in my book. Acj is a huge mw won tuf at hw. He was tryin td's all fight and acj has excellent td's and he struggled. Yes he got him down a few times but i think every td was from the clinch against the fence with crafty trips and foot sweeps omari only has a blast double. But most importantly vett got up from under acj quickly and easily every time acj is a monster on the mat that was mightily impressive. Omati top control sucks i will say again hes only been able to hold down tin can noke.

I get your points re miranda tho didnt expect it to be that difficult but stylistically miranda very different to omari. We have to assume at 24 vett improving fight yo fight hes very dedicated moved fuckin country moved continent infact. I dont think omari can get td's and if he does he isnt holding vett down. Vett hit a beautiful sub on bjj bb uda and he battered acj from top position even threatening with a choke. Vett can take omari down and on bottom hes in a world of trouble

Good grappler doesnt make him a good wrestler. Hes a euro guy and took omari down when he wanted. If nilsson can hit td's vettori can imo. Omari has a blast double only you are massively overrating his wrestling.

Magny still got his eyes on the belt and i can see Magny dominating standing and wrestling. Condit have brought in wrestler to train with probly trying to replicate what RDA did and I don't see that happening.

The wrestling in Acj vs Vetori fight didn't impress me at all, it was slow and heavy. Omari have learned to pace himself in his last fights and don't think he will gas harder then Vettori. Omari showed great timing on his TD in Nilsson and Razak fight and I think the both have better TDD then Vett. Vett uses a lot of forward motion when he strikes that helps Omari to set up his TD's. Omari used to go for big shots on the ground and leaves openings to stand back up, in his recent fights he seems more tactical. Once again Omari tko or a dec win

Omari couldnt hold green as fuck razak down that was his last fight his top control.sucks. acj is an excellent mma wrestler vetts tdd and get up game against one of best grapplers to ever grace the octagon impressed me a lot. The kids only 24

if omari is able to grind vettori out i'll be very fucking surprised. vettori is the better striker, better bjj and he's much bigger.

cordeiro is a master of gameplanning. we're not going to see vettori throw naked kicks and get taken down like a dumbass.

vettori wins this fight standing but will finish if he scores takedowns himself.

Vettori is also very young, at this stage of his career he can pick up a lot of new skills very quickly and improve from fight to fight. Whilst Akhmedov is more or less a finished product at this point.

Probably gonna pass pre-fights:
-Akhmedov vs Vettori (Akhmedov better wrestler, but Marvin has better striking and ground game
-Smolka, the guy is not taking it seriously
-Glenn vs Jury, imo Jury takes it, but bad odds
-Oleksiejczuk vs Rountree, Rountree has so terrible wrestling and ground game that you can't play him at these odds

Probably gonna play:
Barboza
Esparza
Cyborg+sth

Probably gonna pass pre-fights:
-Akhmedov vs Vettori (Akhmedov better wrestler, but Marvin has better striking and ground game
-Smolka, the guy is not taking it seriously
-Glenn vs Jury, imo Jury takes it, but bad odds
-Oleksiejczuk vs Rountree, Rountree has so terrible wrestling and ground game that you can't play him at these odds

Probably gonna play:
Barboza
Esparza
Cyborg+sth

Oleksiejczuk is going to get KO'd in r1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back