UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly Holm is a bum, she's 36 years old, she's lost 3 of her last 4 fights.

Found a way to lose vs Tate

Looked like she was in slow motion vs Valentina

Showed how one dimensional she was vs GDR, can't believe she lost to that bum, learn to shoot a TD SMH

Holly Holm will let you all down once again, save your money

All Holly is going to do is hit air, make noise and run, grunt and run. Cyborg is going to hunt her down.
You're not wrong, but I dont think paying -175 for a Cyborg ITD bet is +EV. I'd rather take a stab at Holly KO at +1075 or whatever it is

My concern w taking Cyborg by Sub at +10xx odds is: she's never won by submission. When was the last time she even attempted a sub (legit asking, i dont care for wmma)? if she gets the fight to the ground, who's to say she doesn't just try and pound Holly out. I feel like that's a bit of a stretch and a little bit of wishful thinking bc of the great odds

That's going to be very difficult for this event, because every dog has been considered except Oleksiejczuk and De la Rosa
at the moment i have bets on edson, carla, and magny. cant decide whether i wanna bet on smolka bc the odds are great but he's on my do not bet list. havent bet on glenn but ill prob watch some tape and make a decision on it since some people itt like glenn as a dog. but yeah, my fav dog play at the moment is prob carla. kinda cant believe the odds on the fight and im very happy taking her at +300 to win by decision

at the moment i have bets on edson, carla, and magny. cant decide whether i wanna bet on smolka bc the odds are great but he's on my do not bet list. havent bet on glenn but ill prob watch some tape and make a decision on it since some people itt like glenn as a dog. but yeah, my fav dog play at the moment is prob carla. kinda cant believe the odds on the fight and im very happy taking her at +300 to win by decision
I agree this carla line is one of the biggest headscratchers i can remember in recent memory

If anyone is looking to bet Cyborg submission, bet365 got Cyborg sub r1/r2/r3/r4/r5 at +10000 each. Almost double the value compared to hitting Cyborg submission line

Might not mean anything but when I was researching ADCC for a friend who was supposed to be in the same bracket as Cyborg (Cyborg decided not to fight kind of last minute) I tried to find any tape on Cyborg grappling and it's just not much around. Every grappling fight that's free on the internet with Cyborg in it is just Cyborg taking some chick down and then standing up instead of trying to pass or go for anything. This was 2 or 3 years ago, but still might be something to look out for. I don't actually think that she's that solid of a offensive grappler. I know she trains with beasts and everything, but she's not actually looking that great on tape as far as submissions goes.

Can't knock those odds thought.

I like this Mark De La Rosa, he's got a legit hand game, BJJ blackbelt, young, undefeated, athletic.

His hands are the most impressive part of his game, he's very fast for a BW, active jab, throws combinations, high volume, good head movement. From the tape I watched, DLR showed a well rounded game, he likes to strike but he'll also mix in TD's and use his BJJ. Showed some decent scrambling, active submission game.

DLR is not big for a 135er, in fact Elliot may be the bigger guy even though he's coming up from 125. I have no doubt Elliot will get TD's in this fight but he's always had poor top control and I can see this going back and fourth on the ground. Elliot loves to scramble and he has an aggressive sub game but he also takes a lot of risks on the ground and this could be dangerous against a blackbelt like DLR.

What Elliot does on the feet is very awkward, very unconventional and it can be effective. But I think Elliot is going to be at a disadvantage on the feet, DLR's boxing is just on another level and those fast hands are gonna touch Elliot up.

DLR is taking this on 2 weeks short notice. DLR says he's in shape and has been in the gym training for TUF, was putting on mass to go up to 145 but says 135 is still an easy cut, says he could even fight at 125 if he had a full camp. DLR's cardio looks solid and he can keep a high pace. The only time I saw him slow down was in the 5th round of a fight that was fought at a high pace.

DLR's has mainly fought bums but he's beaten a 9-0 guy in Combates and he beat a Brazilian named Arthur Oliveira who was on an 11 fight win streak. The fight with Oliveira was a good test, it was a hard fight but valuable experience for a young guy like DLR.

DLR is 100% dedicated to fighting, he trains in the Fort Worth Texas areas at several different gyms, his wife is also in the UFC, Montana De La Rosa formerly Montana Stewart from TUF.

Elliot has a losing UFC record and he's never going to be a consistent winner, he just finds ways to lose. He's never going to be a guy you can trust as a favourite.

DLR got skills, I think he matches up well with Elliot, this is gonna be a competitive fight.

Hand game (DLR red headgear)

Oleksiejczuk is an interesting one, pretty young and a good record.
And what I know he also has good people around him, training mainly at WCA Warsaw with the likes of Blachowicz,Omielanczuk and Olympic bronze medallist (greco-roman wrestling) Damian Janikowski.
Beside that he trains under 3 time All American champion Robert Roszkiewicz.
And his striking coach is 9-time muay thai world champion Andrei Molchanov.

But except in his last fight, he hasn't faced any serious competition.
And he looks pretty small for a LHW. In addition to that polish fighters often have problems with big black guys (no racism, but funnily enough that seems to be a common opinion in Poland).

Oleksiejczuk is an interesting one, pretty young and a good record.
And what I know he also has good people around him, training mainly at WCA Warsaw with the likes of Blachowicz,Omielanczuk and Olympic bronze medallist (greco-roman wrestling) Damian Janikowski.
Beside that he trains under 3 time All American champion Robert Roszkiewicz.
And his striking coach is 9-time muay thai world champion Andrei Molchanov.

But except in his last fight, he hasn't faced any serious competition.
And he looks pretty small for a LHW. In addition to that polish fighters often have problems with big black guys (no racism, but funnily enough that seems to be a common opinion in Poland).
Ive watched a lot of tape on olek. He gets tagged every single fight. And wants to exchange. This will be bad against rountree. Plus he looks like a WW honestly. Darren till looks bigger. Bad matchup. I think under is safest bet. But its juiced

but yeah, my fav dog play at the moment is prob carla. kinda cant believe the odds on the fight and im very happy taking her at +300 to win by decision

Carla's at +375 by DEC on bet365 atm.

Carla's at +375 by DEC on bet365 atm.
Dont have an account with them. The difference between +375 and +305 (what i bet it at) is only a difference of ~2-3% implied probability. It's not massive

Sitting here on my Herman Miller Eames, Barry's sitting back with a Hennessy in one hand and vaping with the other. The relaxing & reminiscing, reflection if you will...

I still remember the days when Sherdog bullies use to take aim at me with rinky dink potshots. I was the rat being grabbed by his tail and dropped into the pet snake enclosure. Sounds like a tale and yeah nobody likes tattletales, but I was a newbie who only wished for $harp bettors to "tail". Insults like "barry'd" were slung on a routine basis, but now that's a thing of the past. Flipped the script and now I am that undertaker and my foes best believe after ya'll buried under rocks, there'll be no way out! Moral of the story: Don't tease a bull because it'll have no mercy and I've reached a level of greatness akin to Air Jordan.

2017 was truly epic. Record profits while mastering the art of value. There's not another capper on the planet who's on my level let alone Sherdog. That's confidence on a level unseen throughout the course of history. I talk a big game and rest assured I have the heavy artillery to back up every last word. My results are tracked and I encourage you to tally the wins vs losses. Simply put: I win more than I lose, but more importantly, I don't drink the juice! There's a reason why nobody has put up the 5G vs yours truly. #5kbeatthebarrychallenege

Enough of the off-topic jargon. Will be capping the entire UFC 219 card. Not into drama, but I can safely say my picks will be bold & beautiful. Let's up the stakes. Should the madd capper end up in the red, I will match any losses with an equal amount donation to "Make a Wish Foundation"
1 Unit will equal $100 on my end. I love giving to charity, but frankly I love bleeding the bookies dry even more. Hopefully, some of the anti-Barry critics will give it a rest and finally give the credit I deserve as a master handicapper.

This card has potential for a ton of +EV wagers. Picks will be given in a jiffy so chill in the meantime. I hate repeating myself, but if you appreciate my insight and wisdom mash that LIKE button. Scam artists are a dime a dozen, I just so happen to be allergic to BS. I tell it like it is - always have, always will.

- Barry

Fucking missed Khabib + Cyborg bet on 5.00 odds, maybe its still up on some bookie? I guess I'll go with Holm now and hope she wins so I won't feel bad about this.

Fucking missed Khabib + Cyborg bet on 5.00 odds, maybe its still up on some bookie? I guess I'll go with Holm now and hope she wins so I won't feel bad about this.
which site that those odds? did it have low limits?

Luca Fury
‏Verified account @FurysFightPicks
7h7 hours ago

I'm taking a break from my site, http://FurysFightPicks.com , after #UFC219. That includes the betting service.

Nothing bad happened -- quite the opposite. Life is amazing so I have other stuff to focus on for a bit, and I refuse to half-ass bet research while I do.

Luca Fury
‏Verified account @FurysFightPicks
7h7 hours ago

I'm taking a break from my site, http://FurysFightPicks.com , after #UFC219. That includes the betting service.

Nothing bad happened -- quite the opposite. Life is amazing so I have other stuff to focus on for a bit, and I refuse to half-ass bet research while I do.
He said that he earnt 400k this year on tip sales, with a failing product. Who the fuck buys all this shit? Multiple people on MMA.tips can beat the pants off that guy, and he seems to have shuttled a bunch of it into some random Crypto product and gotten lucky.

He also claimed that his lifetime earnings were around 270u on his tips in the last 5 years. Assuming about 30 UFC events a year, that's 150 events. Meaning that's 1.8u profit average per event, paying 15k for the privilege.

Last edited:
Cyborg -5½ points improved from -275 to -225. I hit it again to win another 1 unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back