UFC 224 - Nunes vs Pennington - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

No one is allowed to disagree with our yellow carded aliases

Noted

How is anyone arguing Nunes/Rocky right now?

Nobody with a brain is gonna lay -1000 or whatever on a sport with the variance of MMA. If people want to take tiny stabs at Rocky or some props, why not? You can bet literally peanuts for decent payouts if something really weird happens (and in MMA, it sometimes does).

@Levels is most likely right. Nunes most likely wrecks Rocky. But ffs she's -1100 or whatever, she damn well BETTER wreck her.

Personally, I took a bit of Nunes sub +425, and I have Nunes -490 in one parlay. That's it. But at current odds if you bet Nunes ML you should have your head examined.

There is no chance Jacare hits harder than Woodley. I don't care he's a weight class up. Even Hendricks (with all his obvious flaws) still had that monster left hand.

Kelvin has shown a granite chin so far. I'd be pretty stunned if Jacare KO is how it ends. It's MMA so of course it's possible. Just really unlikely imo.
Hendricks' monster left hand didn't survive USADA, Gastelum fought him after it had been and gone. Woodley's odd in that he's clearly got freak power, but he's bad at converting it into results.

Raquel loses 9/10 times at the very least. Nunes is -900. That's -EV if you bet Raquel.

Bethe Correia was landing right hands on her at will lmao. Raquel absolutely SUCKS. Just pass.
Then you should be max betting that line on nunes

Hendricks' monster left hand didn't survive USADA, Gastelum fought him after it had been and gone. Woodley's odd in that he's clearly got freak power, but he's bad at converting it into results.

It's hard to say with Johnny. His power may or may not have gone away with USADA, we never really got to see him land a bomb on someone and find out. The rest of his game FOR SURE suffered.

Woodley has shown me enough to know that when he lands clean he hurts guys worse than Jacare ever could. Lawler, Koscheck, Stun Gun...

My point was the Kelvin has been in with bigger punchers than Jacare. He hasn't been in with a grappler as good though (because it's debatable if there even is one in MMA). I took a stab at Kelvin dec +400 and my concern is not him getting hurt standing. It's a repeat of what Weidman did to him.

Then you should be max betting that line on nunes
i'd rather make bank on warlley and not waste any profit on an invicta level chick like raquel who arguably lost to bethe correia.

What's ABC trying to say with that outfit and those heels?

Short Notice:
- Markus Perez vs. James Bochnovic [1 week notice]

Ring Rust:
- Raquel Pennington 546 days
- Vitor Belfort 343 days
- Nick Hein 616 days
- Sultan Aliev 511 days
- Alberto Mina 674 days
- James Bochnovic 308 days

Returning from TKO loss:
- Alexey Oleynik (via Curtis Blaydes in Nov)
- Jack Hermansson (via Thiago Santos in Oct)
- James Bochnovic (via Trevin Giles in July)

Rocky sub r4 +8000
Rocky sub r5 +9000

Betfair.

Those odds are unusual. Nunes is being touted as too big of a favorite for MMA in general where upsets happen often. I still dont think Pennington wins, but this is worth taking a chance on.

All by much more well rounded fighters and/or MUCH stronger wrestlers. Not saying Dern doesn't get it done here but far safer options at similar prices IMO. The UFC does want to push Dern, but she hasn't held up her end of the bargain so far in the UFC with some uninspiring performances. Mix the long flight, her delay in getting there, rumors of not training seriously, and an always difficult weight cut and I am not sure how you can use her as your main leg.

She has 3 rounds to get the fight to the ground. Her and her coaches have been training on better ways to get to the ground. As soon as it hits the ground its over.

And if you want to throw in variables. Then consider how important it is to Dern to impress the Brazillian crowd, or how UFC has her as the 3rd to last fight, or how she already got one close decision go her way. You have to throw in the chance of a bad decision.

Even if Dern doesnt get the sub (which I expect to see in round 1) she will get the bad decision.

Dern missed weight by 8 pounds LOL... 123.0....

I seriously question Dern's mentality and work ethic.

She was too lazy to train at the LAB so she had to leave

And now she's too lazy to make weight

All she wants to do is hang out on the beach with her friends

It's really tempting to fade her but Cooper sucks, she's not the one.

I have 1 unit on ABC at +225. I think she can bust Dern up standing and Dern's takedowns looked poor vs Yoder. Even if Dern wins here I will continue fading her in the future. Her commitment to the sport is questionable and in my opinion she just isn't very athletic.

This is also an significant advantage for Dern if Cooper does decide to take the fight.

This is also an significant advantage for Dern if Cooper does decide to take the fight.

She shouldn't take the fight unless they give her some serious money

Back