UFC 226

Gokhan Saki vs Khalil Rountree fight analysis:

Gokhan Saki is a 6'0" light heavyweight with a 73.5 inch reach that fights out of an orthodox and southpaw stance. He is also a highly decorated kickboxer that has fought in K1 and Glory.

Khalil Rountree is a 6'1" light heavyweight with a 76.5 inch reach that fights out of a primarily southpaw stance but will switch to orthodox.

Gokhan Saki's fight against Henrique Da Silva was his first fight in almost 2 years and his first in the UFC. He loves to use a nasty lead hook and a left hook followed by a right hook combo. He also uses the left hook to go to the body. He doesn't set up his combos with jabs like most fighters do. When he goes into a southpaw stance, he will look for the head kick.

Khalil Rountree is a boxer that will throw some body and head kicks. His primary weapons are your basic jab cross or a straight cross. He is very athletic and powerful but has way too much muscle for his frame for mma which leads him to gassing after 2 minutes of each round which results in him becoming a stationary target. Even before he gasses, he has a terrible habit of keeping his hands low and it becomes worse when he gasses which is really dangerous against a guy like Gokhan Saki.

This fight will be mostly like be a striking affair without any grappling. I feel that Gokhan Saki will be too much on the feet for Khalil Rountree. Gokhan Saki was gassing against against Henrique Da Silva because it was his first fight in almost 2 years, he wasn't used to the 5 minute rounds because kickboxing rounds are 3 minutes and he was trying to defend the takedowns from Da Silva which exerted a lot of energy from him and one of the knees in the clinch in that fight rocked him. I don't see Rountree trying to take Saki down in this fight, so he should look better this fight.

Also, Rountree is susceptible to leg kicks, body kicks and especially head kicks since he keeps his hands really low, so I wouldn't be surprised if Saki knocked him out with a head kick. Also, in his last fight against Michał Oleksiejczuk, Rountree kept getting hit with an overhand left which Saki uses a lead left hook but it comes in faster and more powerful than what Oleksiejczuk was landing. I just see that lead left hook landing at will for Saki. Only way I see Rountree winning is if he is able to clip Saki in a wild exchange but as the fight goes on and Rountree gasses, it becomes less likely because his punches don't have as much snap and speed.

Gokhan Saki ML @ -150 for 1u.

Gokhan Saki vs Khalil Rountree fight analysis:

Gokhan Saki is a 6'0" light heavyweight with a 73.5 inch reach that fights out of an orthodox and southpaw stance. He is also a highly decorated kickboxer that has fought in K1 and Glory.

Khalil Rountree is a 6'1" light heavyweight with a 76.5 inch reach that fights out of a primarily southpaw stance but will switch to orthodox.

Gokhan Saki's fight against Henrique Da Silva was his first fight in almost 2 years and his first in the UFC. He loves to use a nasty lead hook and a left hook followed by a right hook combo. He also uses the left hook to go to the body. He doesn't set up his combos with jabs like most fighters do. When he goes into a southpaw stance, he will look for the head kick.

Khalil Rountree is a boxer that will throw some body and head kicks. His primary weapons are your basic jab cross or a straight cross. He is very athletic and powerful but has way too much muscle for his frame for mma which leads him to gassing after 2 minutes of each round which results in him becoming a stationary target. Even before he gasses, he has a terrible habit of keeping his hands low and it becomes worse when he gasses which is really dangerous against a guy like Gokhan Saki.

This fight will be mostly like be a striking affair without any grappling. I feel that Gokhan Saki will be too much on the feet for Khalil Rountree. Gokhan Saki was gassing against against Henrique Da Silva because it was his first fight in almost 2 years, he wasn't used to the 5 minute rounds because kickboxing rounds are 3 minutes and he was trying to defend the takedowns from Da Silva which exerted a lot of energy from him and one of the knees in the clinch in that fight rocked him. I don't see Rountree trying to take Saki down in this fight, so he should look better this fight.

Also, Rountree is susceptible to leg kicks, body kicks and especially head kicks since he keeps his hands really low, so I wouldn't be surprised if Saki knocked him out with a head kick. Also, in his last fight against Michał Oleksiejczuk, Rountree kept getting hit with an overhand left which Saki uses a lead left hook but it comes in faster and more powerful than what Oleksiejczuk was landing. I just see that lead left hook landing at will for Saki. Only way I see Rountree winning is if he is able to clip Saki in a wild exchange but as the fight goes on and Rountree gasses, it becomes less likely because his punches don't have as much snap and speed.

Gokhan Saki ML @ -150 for 1u.

i feel like saki is getting overrated here. his last kick boxing match was in 2015 or 2016 iirc, then comes into to UFC and gases in the first. I dont think you can say that roundtree's cardio is bad, and then give an excuse to saki for his cardio to be bad as well. Roundtree cardio can be bas because he has been forced to defend the takedowns and gets pressed against the cage the whole match. Yes Rountree is a striker, but has talked about evolving as a fighter and mixing things up, eluding to wrestling, takedowns etc. I would be more suprised to see saki go for a takedown than i am of Rountree.

the smart gameplan by either fighter should be getting a takedown early, laying on him, gassing their opponent, then finishing them in the 2nd round. i think if you are betting saki, you are essentially betting saki KO

Felder opened +235 at BetOnline, +230 now. Can't see it being this wide once other books release the line. If anyone wants a couple hundred freeplay dollars hit me up for a referral code.

Fuck I missed that opener, Felder down to +120 now

i feel like saki is getting overrated here. his last kick boxing match was in 2015 or 2016 iirc, then comes into to UFC and gases in the first. I dont think you can say that roundtree's cardio is bad, and then give an excuse to saki for his cardio to be bad as well. Roundtree cardio can be bas because he has been forced to defend the takedowns and gets pressed against the cage the whole match. Yes Rountree is a striker, but has talked about evolving as a fighter and mixing things up, eluding to wrestling, takedowns etc. I would be more suprised to see saki go for a takedown than i am of Rountree.

the smart gameplan by either fighter should be getting a takedown early, laying on him, gassing their opponent, then finishing them in the 2nd round. i think if you are betting saki, you are essentially betting saki KO

We only have one real mma fight to base Saki off and the reasons I provided were legit reason why he gassed at end of round 1, 2 year layoff, defending takedowns, getting use to 5 min rounds. Rountree in every fight he gasses after the first 2 minutes without any grappling exchanges and then he becomes a stationary target. Saki is never going to be a cardio machine but his reasons for gassing were valid. Rountree is just a legit gasser because of his muscle build and doesn't know how to relax and pace himself. I read Rountree walks around 230, so he also cuts a decent amount of weight to get to 205 whereas Saki looks like he doesn't need to cut much weight to get to the 205 limit.

It doesn't concern you how low he keeps his hands or how easily he is getting tagged in his last fight against Oleksiejczuk. Even at this stage of Saki's career he is levels above as a striker anything Rountree has faced and what he does defensively is dangerous against a guy like Saki.

You can see on the feet Rountree doesn't have anywhere near the experience Saki does basic 1-2 guy with some leg kicks, no real use of angles. When Rountree goes orthodox, Saki southpaw, he is going to get hit with a head kick especially with his hands so low, Saki loves to use the headkick from the southpaw stance. You could have a good chin but if you get caught with a proper headkick (shin) you are dropping.

I agree that either guy that uses takedowns to tire the other out will win but Rountree wanted Saki because he wanted someone who will strike with him and his brother Kenny Johnson is cornering him, so I don't see him coming out with some great gameplan. He only wins if he clips him in a wild exchange. I would be really surprised to see Rountree wrestling.

Last edited:
Fuck I missed that opener, Felder down to +120 now

Felder +230 was a gift. I missed out on it too.

Perry is outclassed on the feet, only concern is Felder is going up a weight class to welterweight from lightweight. Any plus in front of Felder is still a good line imo.

Last edited:
Quick question. What happens if you place a bet and the fight finally doesn't happen? Do you get your money back? Hasn't happened to me yet, but want to confirm.

Quick question. What happens if you place a bet and the fight finally doesn't happen? Do you get your money back? Hasn't happened to me yet, but want to confirm.

You will get your money back once everything has been confirmed (fight cancelled)

Wow how the hell did Felder open as such a dog? So pissed. By the time 5d has odds he will probably be the favorite. Fuck.

Wooow I thought Felder would be juiced. He will ko Perry, Mark my Words

Are you on Stipe?

I love DC and lowkey want to bet him but couldnt justify it. Not sure his old chin can take a punch from Stipe or that he can out wrestle a very good wrestler who is also bigger

No bet for me. I am considering DC decision, but my lean is that Stipe lands something heavy and puts him down.

Got 2u down on Felder +235. I should've just kept maxing it as I assumed it would come way in, but Perry was also juiced to the gills against Yancy, so couldn't count on it to make a huge play. Still happy I caught the line, think Felder should be a slight fav, but going up in weight against a power puncher is a bit worrisome. Felder's game isn't really to stick and move either, but his chin has been rock solid at LW.

Well, I have a betonline account, but missed out on the +230. Still bettable as a dog though. I think this match up is more intriguing tbh. I was going to play Yancy, but there was obviously a decent chance he could get wiped out early. Felder has been unreliable in the past, but he has some very good momentum going on right now. Will be interesting to see how this will play out.

Got 2u down on Felder +235. I should've just kept maxing it as I assumed it would come way in, but Perry was also juiced to the gills against Yancy, so couldn't count on it to make a huge play. Still happy I caught the line, think Felder should be a slight fav, but going up in weight against a power puncher is a bit worrisome. Felder's game isn't really to stick and move either, but his chin has been rock solid at LW.

+235 is a really really good line. I thought Felder was going to open around -140 to -150 against Perry even going up a weight class.

I agree that Felder has a really rock solid chin. Felder is a smart guy, I know he wants to put on a fight for the fans but I can see him chopping on Perry's lead leg which is he is heavy on as a boxer and using push kicks to keep Perry away. Hopefully he is smart enough to circle away from Perry's overhand right and use a lot of feints like Griffin did to get Perry to commit and then counter.

+235 is a really really good line. I thought Felder was going to open around -140 to -150 against Perry even going up a weight class.

I agree that Felder has a really rock solid chin. Felder is a smart guy, I know he wants to put on a fight for the fans but I can see him chopping on Perry's lead leg which is he is heavy on as a boxer and using push kicks to keep Perry away. Hopefully he is smart enough to circle away from Perry's overhand right and use a lot of feints like Griffin did to get Perry to commit and then counter.

The more I think about the matchup the more I wish I would've gotten 4u or so down around that price. I had just woken up and was struggling to decide what to get down lol.

Back