UFC 227 Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II

Cody hurt TJ badly but it was as rd 1 ended. If that punch lands 10-15 seconds earlier he very well could have finished and would be viewed as probably -250 at least in any rematch with TJ.

That's does NOT mean I'm advocating a play on Cody. It's just something to consider.

Yep I remember the fight well tj was playing a dangerous game in that first round towards the end and I thought he was done but in my opinion he will play it smarter this time. I could see this one going to the later rounds I’m interested in what the Dillashaw by decision prop is. I just think he’s more well rounded than Cody and i acknowledge how dangerous Cody can be. I’m not a fan of Cody’s fight iq I feel like he gets frustrated and throws the gameplan out the window.

Viana is a brazilian state champion and her BJJ does look very solid, but she has been subbing bums who initiate the grappling or clinch. Aldrich is a brown belt herself (can't find Viana's credentials besides "21x state champion") and will almost certainly be looking to play a range striking game. Viana also has no wrestling and prefers to work from bottom, which is not a recipe for winning at this level. Not sure what you mean by keep Poly off her like she has this suffocating pressure game. She wings wild arm punches and pulls guard. Aldrich training with Rose, whom is a great training partner to drill sub defense. Her footwork and hands also looked much improved since training with the champ. 2u +235 on Aldrich. Maybe Viana's pure bjj game can work given wmma is generally low level, but at these odds I will certainly take the shot to find out.

Viana is a purple belt

ramos looks pretty legit to me.

I agree.

I didn't love his third round against Zahabi though prior to the KO. Zahabi was having some of his best moments directly leading up to that.

Viana is a brazilian state champion and her BJJ does look very solid, but she has been subbing bums who initiate the grappling or clinch. Aldrich is a brown belt herself (can't find Viana's credentials besides "21x state champion") and will almost certainly be looking to play a range striking game. Viana also has no wrestling and prefers to work from bottom, which is not a recipe for winning at this level. Not sure what you mean by keep Poly off her like she has this suffocating pressure game. She wings wild arm punches and pulls guard. Aldrich training with Rose, whom is a great training partner to drill sub defense. Her footwork and hands also looked much improved since training with the champ. 2u +235 on Aldrich. Maybe Viana's pure bjj game can work given wmma is generally low level, but at these odds I will certainly take the shot to find out.

World champion in 2015. Which world championship I dunno

Last edited:
I agree.

I didn't love his third round against Zahabi though prior to the KO. Zahabi was having some of his best moments directly leading up to that.

i think zahabi is a lot cleaner than kang on the feet though.

i think zahabi is a lot cleaner than kang on the feet though.

Zahabi is a better striker than Kang for sure. Also Kang's chin looks pretty bad to me, if these guys stand and trade he is probably going to get hurt.

Ramos is kinda raw. Prone to low output and leans a bit too hard on his athleticism over technique. That sub loss to Vasquez was pretty bad. There's some chance he makes a similar mistake and gets subbed by Kang. But he is young and improving, and he looks like the better wrestler and also is a BJJ black belt vs blue.

While it's possible that Ramos is still inexperienced enough to lose, this is underjuiced for the talent disparity IMO. I'll have some money on Ramos

Anyone watch the embedded, tj talking about his ground game..curious to see if he wants to take there, I kinda think he does

Damn, ITD line was already good and was salivating on Aldana ITD line, thinking of all the shit I was gonna buy with dat 3.0++ odds money... poof, gone :'(

Anyone watch the embedded, tj talking about his ground game..curious to see if he wants to take there, I kinda think he does
I'd like to see him mixing in the takedowns but I doubt the fight will have any extended grappling exchanges the same as with Cruz vs TJ and Cruz vs Cody. All are such good wrestlers it just cancels out. If TJ does somehow keep Cody pinned on his back then he should have a huge advantage but its a big if.

All the lines seem right to me, won’t be betting much. I think the Garbrandt fight could be off if Cody’s back healed correctly. I thought he looked a little slower in his last fight and Cody’s style needs that speed or he gets knocked out. I favored Dillashaw in the first fight due to the fight occurring so close to his surgery.

I have Cody at -150 if that back is healed. I’ll do reading about it but even then, it’s going to be a small play.

The only other line that might be off is maybe Danielle Taylor as her fights come down to how judges prefer to score (I.e weighting counter strikes more, there value in ring control, etc). Won’t bet this fight though, I will get to tilted if I lost money on a fight like this. Her fights are usually 50/50.

Feel good sitting out this card. Will be in Vegas during the fight so might just put a few bucks on Henry and Cody for funsies. Seems like a great card to watch with people and not have much stake in.

does not compute.

I mean, Cody vs TJ is one of the biggest coinflips you can find. Plus Henry looks incredible right now but fading DJ has never been a great idea. Seems more fun to just watch them lol

Zhang has one of the more complete wmma games ive seen. Will adjust to use any of her eight weapons standing according to the range and she throws elbows standing like no wmma fighter ive ever seen. She also looks pretty damn competent on the mat. You can argue strength of resume but to finish basically every opponent is still damn impressive in wmma. She is also the only person to stop wmma vet and respectable fighter fujino. Also kod a chick jj won a decision over. Excited to see her kick taylors arse.

I think Aldrich can legit win this fight.

Polyana bum rushes into clinch. Aldrich better on the feet. Aldrich has that great movement and I think she can avoid the clinch. Maia got up in their fight but immediately started to initiate clinch herself and that's what cost her. Think Aldrich has better fight IQ. Clear path for victory for Aldrich here.

Back