UFC 232 Press Conference Discussion Thread - 5 PM ET/2 PM PT/10 PM UK

Were there paid Jones supporters there? Did the UFC really do that?

any1 else notice cyborg kind of sympathizing with jon?

Dumb in what way?

Asking the questions that should be asked and being bullied by two clowns for it?

They were questions that had either already been asked like two minutes earlier by Ariel or that she had to know they weren't going to be answered

It was really bad press conference work, basically like she had her questions written down and was going to ask them no matter what and hadn't been paying attention to the conference

Still no reason to act like that towards her though

Stop letting groups of drunk men attend these fucking things. They make it unwatchable, just screaming the entire time.

Jones completely owned Gus there. This is exactly why Gus will lose. He's submissive.

This press conference is so cringe worthy to watch, it's just even more obvious now that there was an agenda of whitewashing this whole scandal and sweeping it under the rug from the very beginning.

Both the conference and the jre interview revealed many things but starting with the conference:

Dana (and Nowitzki) were feigning ignorance and washing their hands, passing the culpability onto these faceless and nameless "experts" that nobody knows of.

Dana answering for Jon so he doesn't dry snitch on himself is telling

Jon's whole tone about the matter is very telling as well, notice he never declares that he is clean at any moment (that's him subconsciously not wanting to continue having to lie) He doesn't seem bothered (which would be the normal reaction if you are unfairly accused of something) and he even tried to ridiculize the subject by acting like he doesn't know how to properly say picogram.

When Jon skipped over the Swedish female reporters' question, that was revealing. She asked why is this the 3rd time you have tested positive. Lol
He told her to sit down, and I think he said "I outta take the life from you" (a threat? A joke? I'm not sure I heard that part well)

He even used a Lance Armstrong reference lol

And then strangely at the end, the audio mysteriously cuts out from the live feed

Hmmmmm wonder why that happened? Suspicious nonetheless

In conclusion Jon really was gotten to, triggered because he wants to really be that honest person he thinks he is but having to lie is eating at him from inside.

At the jre interview, rogan conducted and steered the interview in the direction he wanted (he did ask some pertinent questions) but ended up imposing his opinion as fact instead of leaving it open and objective for the viewer to interpret . Thats what having an agenda looks like. Jeff brushed off too many things that he should have known, and also states that he doesn't work for USADA, which is just a technicality because even if you aren't working for them, but with them, then youre both still technically working toward the same goal making you complicit by association.

This is such a transparent and convenient white wash job that it should insult anyone's intelligence if they consider themselves critical and open minded.

What were your takeaways?

Jones will pull out from this fight and not let gus get any chance for glory. Mark my words.

Around the 40 minute mark, this shit got real and awakward.....real awkward. I’m highly surprised jon didn’t yell fake news at that young lady

WME learned early on that controversy sells so that's what all of this is. Interest in this fight is now through the roof

Jon is looking more guilty with every passing moment.

His body language and conduct implies that he believes he is above the law. I sense a tragic end for Jon at some point in the next 10-20 years. I hope I’m wrong.

lol what an idiot you are. Jones will still be banging prostitutes and be filthy rich for a long, long time.

When Jon hit em with “you say the same shit all the time...even when you got knocked out in front of your whole country..shut the fuck up....” I cringed inside feeling embarrassed like my friend just got a wedgie. I am embracing the darkness. Jon is going full heel and I fucking love ittttttt

That presser was as expected, pathetic. From Dana ducking any questions about the PED scandal, to Jones acting like a child, to the drunken morons shouting...sad all around.

The worst part of the presser was Jones trying to convince everyone that trace amounts of PEDs can’t improve a fighter’s performance, whether it be fighting or weight cutting, without acknowledging that traces are present as a result of ingestion in much higher and more effective quantities.

Can't wait for Johnny Walker to knock these pricks out.

twitter was amazing throughout the press conference.

Just getting around to watching this now.

expecting a shitshow.

Back