UFC 237 Namajunas vs Andrade

Weigh-in notable: Surprisingly, short notice strawweight Viviane Araujo looked as big or actually bigger quite frankly as bantamweight Talito Bernardo.

Talita will still have at least 15lbs on her, carrying most of it in the lower half. But I'm still taking a small shot on Vivi

Talita will still have at least 15lbs on her, carrying most of it in the lower half. But I'm still taking a small shot on Vivi
We'll see how they compare tomorrow. Viviane's arms & back looked bigger at least in the face off. I bet a unit on Araujo at +305.

We'll see how they compare tomorrow. Viviane's arms & back looked bigger at least in the face off. I bet a unit on Araujo at +305.

Vivi more shredded for sure, but she literally cut 0 pounds weighing in at 131 while Bernardo cuts at least 10lbs to make 135

Handicaps dropping, Barcelos -6.5 -650, never seen anything like that before.

Weigh-in hot takes:
-Araujo is in shape! Blind action at +305. Ummm, sure.
-Raoni looking raipped.
-Luana is a scrawn and girly and has sweet dreads...that are going to overheat her before she's melted by Cach. I actually don't hate my Cach action anymore.
-I think the coconut Guida had with him has a better chance of winning a fight than Penn.
-Holobaugh looking good.
-I will be buying down some of my Nog play...except Spann wouldn't look him in the eye! Dammit, now what?
-Aldana much taller. Bethe much 'thicker'.
-Alves-Staropoli is probably gonna be a decent watch. I'm so undecided there.
-quite excited for the Aldo fight. Volk seems pumped. Aldo with shark eyes as usual.
-Silva being weird. His pants 10-9'd him up there. Cannon is a very jacked human.
-Thug Rose is basically a 14 year old boy. Andrade seeming ready to rock and roll.

Last edited:
'New accounts only' but UK bettors still not allowed

giphy.gif

i'm told it should be very soon

DSI limited me to $255 on Tyler Diamond, so added another $250 with Aldana, just over 5u Aldana now in total, would rather hustle bookies than forum members..
Tyler Diamond is safe? Heavy favorite in many bookies.

T. Alves -113 $350

Aldana -214 $2000
Aldana KO +315 $45

Nogueira +143 $650
Nogueira KO +370 $45

Holobaugh +107 $500

W. Alves -155 $380

Guida -3.5 -350 $525

Barcelos -292 $3000
Barcelos/Quiroz U1.5 -122 $500
Barcelos SUB +235 $45
Quiroz KO +1550 $100

Araujo +290 $150
Araujo DEC +439 $40

Planning to add a bit to Aldo if I can get closer to -125. Also got 2k on Diamond -276 for LFA tonight
Passing on the ME?

I'm curious-- what do people make of Andrade KO of Karolina?

I mean that never happens at women's 115. And the crazy thing is Andrade had never even scored a knockdown before-- even when she put away Penne it was just bc Penne couldn't defend herself anymore against a never ending Andade flurry.

Part of it is that Karolina is getting sorta old, she didn't look the same vs Karate Hottie, but that cannot explain the whole thing.

Is that a once in a lifetime punch for Andrade, or is this a sign of a power surge to come? Did she recently get her hands on some nice steroids or something?

Obviously she is unlikely to put Rose away like that, but a whole 5 rounds of cumulative damage for Rose against a woman with that capability is kinda scary.

What are your guys thoughts on if Anderson retires in the ring after this fight? I was kind of under the assumption he was planning to retire after this fight win or lose, but Bovada has those odds +350. Are my thoughts way off, and he's said he's not retiring or something?

Not all in the lower half, no. I had a good laugh at JimGunn's post, since he fell into the trap, common among people who don't lift, of only looking at the height and arms, with the latter not helped by Vivi flexing and Talita being relaxed, but I mostly ignore his misguided ramblings except for his hilarious bets.

However, in case you have any doubts on that score, it's clear to me that Talita has significantly bigger shoulders and traps and a much wider chest on top of having vastly larger quads and trunk.

Back