UFC 239 Jones vs Santos PBP/Discussion

yeah askren was always setting up his takedowns and not diving head first lol

That was Walker esque congrats you piece of shit(not directed at anyone)

He did that after Jorge flew threw the air, Jorge didnt throw the knee at a target, complete fluke and it was career devestating for Ben, hes never goin to be the same

Right but the point is that when you drop your eyes like that and just bend over, you can't even see what's coming at you. Had he used proper technique, he likely wouldn't have gotten hit flush with that knee. In fact, he may have been able to adjust and turn it into a takedown. Maybe not that part, but for sure he wouldn't have gotten flatlined.

Right but the point is that when you drop your eyes like that and just bend over, you can't even see what's coming at you. Had he used proper technique, he likely wouldn't have gotten hit flush with that knee. In fact, he may have been able to adjust and turn it into a takedown. Maybe not that part, but for sure he wouldn't have gotten flatlined.

Askren doesnt have proper striking technique and he never will, hes solely focused on grappling and thats ok in MMA in special cases

If Askren got hands on Jorge he was hitting the ground and he wasnt getting up

Ok Broe, cite Jorges last flying knee, not just a KO but just a flying knee that he landed in 45 fights
He came out the exact same way vs Till... but Till didn't duck down into him. The exact knee might be flukey but not that Askren would get KO'd by some shot.

Ive been hunting dogs tonight but I have little faith in Holly.

Fight goes the distance please. Need something to go right for me today.

Askren doesnt have proper striking technique and he never will, hes solely focused on grappling and thats ok in MMA in special cases

If Askren got hands on Jorge he was hitting the ground and he wasnt getting up

I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough, sorry. What I mean is that when you shoot a TD from distance, even one that's not set up and is telegraphed, you can't just bend over at the waist with your eyes facing down and move forward. You keep your eyes forward and drive with your shoulders more at a 45 degree angle, not with them parallel to the ground. Then when you make contact you adjust and drop your head and drive forward because you can use feel and don't need your vision as much because you already have ahold of the other guy. What Ben did (and he would tell you this too) was not good technique. You are completely exposed doing it that way.

Ok Broe, cite Jorges last flying knee, not just a KO but just a flying knee that he landed in 45 fights

Not a fluke at all. Masvidal has been tried and tested against the best in the world. Askren has beaten no one except Lima when his talent level was having competitive fights with Ben Saunders. Askren is out of his league in the ufc top 10. It showed in the lawler fight and it came to fruition here.

Everyone ready for some "ish"?

I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough, sorry. What I mean is that when you shoot a TD from distance, even one that's not set up and is telegraphed, you can't just bend over at the waist with your eyes facing down and move forward. You keep your eyes forward and drive with your shoulders more at a 45 degree angle, not with them parallel to the ground. Then when you make contact you adjust and drop your head and drive forward because you can use feel and don't need your vision as much because you already have ahold of the other guy. What Ben did (and he would tell you this too) was not good technique. You are completely exposed doing it that way.

I get and I know wrestling technique, I wrestled for a long time but again, Ben is a special case, his wrestling is predicated on contact and he sticks to you, his initial td attempt may be sloppy but it doesnt matter because hes so versed in how the body moves, he has a very deep understanding of body mechanics.

You want a straight back at all times when you're wrestling, even if you make contact it's not proper to round your back, it leave you vulnerable to takedowns and flying knees in this case

Nunes just continues to improve

Scary

Back