UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

I forgot that 10 years ago, Nick Diaz and I got into it on YouTube(after Nate lost to stun gun, Nick had a YouTube channel he moderated himself and posted random videos of him chopping watermelons in half, and throwing TVs off the second floor of his house).

He threatened to kill me LOL. I never told anyone other than friends because I'm still a huge fan of his, but his persona is 100% real.

I forgot that 10 years ago, Nick Diaz and I got into it on YouTube(after Nate lost to stun gun, Nick had a YouTube channel he moderated himself and posted random videos of him chopping watermelons in half, and throwing TVs off the second floor of his house).

He threatened to kill me LOL. I never told anyone other than friends because I'm still a huge fan of his, but his persona is 100% real.
This means pettis is winning

I plan on waking up to find out that Romero has missed weight, or him and or Costa were popped by USADA.

I'll be so surprised if Romero makes anything close to 186, he looked like skeletor since Tuesday...there's no water left lol

This means pettis is winning

The fight is gonna be close.

I legit just checked my YouTube comments today for the first time in ages, and low and behold, I reread the Nick Diaz comment I forgot about.

That shit was so funny, after Nate lost to stun gun, I posted on Nick's YouTube channel, which had like 5k subs back then, if that(this was when he was in SF), "Nate lost the fight but if it went a few more rounds he would've won, keep your head up".

He deleted my comment. And he never deleted ANYONE'S comments. People would post on there talking mad shit to him, and he'd allow it and just not say anything back to them.

So after he deleted my comment, I said(LOL), "Real recognize real Nick, you got all these fair-weather fans that'll bail on you as soon as you lose a fight, I've been here for a while, show some fucking respect".

He replied, "Nick Diaz
first off you are crazy and 23 act your age 2nd do you really think I give a fuck ? if my fans dont like me they can go fight im sure you don't wanna get in there so dont talk shit and don't talk about my little brother or I kill you"

Good ol' Nick. I wasn't even talking shit about Nate hahaha. I went gluten free like 6 months later, and posted a comment on there again asking what's some good GF food.

He went back on my page, his comment saying "I kill you" still being the only one on there, and posted, "Thai food!" lmao

Invictus. That was one of the more enjoyable forum posts ive read in a long time. Haha i have 5u on pettis and i still am rooting for nate

I was gonna pass on the Diaz - Pettis fight but Nate by TKO/KO is +700

Thoughts?

I feel like I keep fading Sandhagen at my peril, but at 2.75 the odds on Assuncao seem to be getting out of control and this should be at worst a pick em.

I know Assuncao is starting to get old and he got wrecked last fight, but those of you who watch tape; do you feel there's clear evidence that he's been declining the last few fights?

It seems like this is either the coming out party for Sandhagen where he beats a long term top #5 BW and establishes himself as a top contender, or we find it's a step above him right now.

I've not watched tape so hopefully those who have can enlighten me, but I don't remember Assuncao looking any different in his fights with Font or Lopez. The second Moraes fight he just got fucked up by Moraes which I don't think there's any shame in, I don't recall thinking he'd fallen off a cliff skills/physically wise.

Is this just an assumption that because he's at his age and got wrecked by one of the clear best 135ers in the world, that he's done?

If it's more a stylistic aspect and people are considering the length and size advantage and that Sandhagen is just a good matchup, fair enough but I've read a few people writing Assuncao off due to his age/last fight and if that's the main reasoning I'm strongly considering a play on Assuncao because I still think he's at that level.

My main thing holding me back is that I'm just not that clued up on Sandhagen, but Assuncao at +175 seems mad tempting - I think for him to be those odds against anyone, his opponent needs to not just be a title contender, but have a solid chance at holding the belt within the next year or so.

Is this the case and Assuncao is these odds due to Sandhagen being the real deal, or are people writing off Assuncao due to his last fight and I should get a bet down?

Regarding Sandhagen - Lineker. Derek Cleary scoring the 3rd round for Sandhagen is just ridiculous. If he would've scored the round correctly then Lineker would have won and Sandhagen would've been an underdog this week. I think there's value on Assunçao since I haven't seen any evidence that he's declining that badly. One concern is the volume and reach of Sandhagen, but Assunçao handled that very well against Font and Sterling.

It is also a mandatory bet for me because of my system "Fade Yannis the Greek".

EDIT: I should also mention that Assunçao has been training at ATT for this camp.

Last edited:
Regarding Sandhagen - Lineker. Derek Cleary scoring the 3rd round for Sandhagen is just ridiculous. If he would've scored the round correctly then Lineker would have won and Sandhagen would've been an underdog this week. I think there's value on Assunçao since I haven't seen any evidence that he's declining that badly. One concern is the volume and reach of Sandhagen, but Assunçao handled that very well against Font and Sterling.

It is also a mandatory bet for me because of my system "Fade Yannis the Greek".

EDIT: I should also mention that Assunçao has been training at ATT for this camp.
You cant teach a old dog new tricks

You guys probably don't put much stock into this but heavy hands, half the battle, pro mma betting and Jack Slack are all picking Costa, Diaz and DC.

Personally I just think it's a bad match up for Assuncao. The only path to victory for him is to take Sandhagen down and keep him there for long enough to win 2 rounds. But even off his back Sandhagen will probably be busier than Assuncao. And he certainly will out volume him on the feet too.

Assuncao can also be frustratingly timid to throw strikes and usually takes most of the first round off just feeling out his opponent. So he's likely going to have to win rounds 2 and 3 convincingly to get the decision.

I can't really see how assuncao wins this. He doesn't have the power on the feet to knock Cory out, I don't think he can sub him and I'll be surprised if he can keep him down and control him for prolonged periods of rounds.

That said the odds on Sandhagen are shit

I have small degen action on Mazo. I’m curious about this frail ballerina type can crusher training at Kings MMA. What is she doing there? Is she a team mascot or is there real potential in her? Kings has a reputation of being a rough, sparring heavy team. What does that mean, if you’re the only pro woman there? Dobson is no world beater but she's mostly composed and somewhat physically imposing.

I feel like I keep fading Sandhagen at my peril, but at 2.75 the odds on Assuncao seem to be getting out of control and this should be at worst a pick em.

I know Assuncao is starting to get old and he got wrecked last fight, but those of you who watch tape; do you feel there's clear evidence that he's been declining the last few fights?

It seems like this is either the coming out party for Sandhagen where he beats a long term top #5 BW and establishes himself as a top contender, or we find it's a step above him right now.

I've not watched tape so hopefully those who have can enlighten me, but I don't remember Assuncao looking any different in his fights with Font or Lopez. The second Moraes fight he just got fucked up by Moraes which I don't think there's any shame in, I don't recall thinking he'd fallen off a cliff skills/physically wise.

Is this just an assumption that because he's at his age and got wrecked by one of the clear best 135ers in the world, that he's done?

If it's more a stylistic aspect and people are considering the length and size advantage and that Sandhagen is just a good matchup, fair enough but I've read a few people writing Assuncao off due to his age/last fight and if that's the main reasoning I'm strongly considering a play on Assuncao because I still think he's at that level.

My main thing holding me back is that I'm just not that clued up on Sandhagen, but Assuncao at +175 seems mad tempting - I think for him to be those odds against anyone, his opponent needs to not just be a title contender, but have a solid chance at holding the belt within the next year or so.

Is this the case and Assuncao is these odds due to Sandhagen being the real deal, or are people writing off Assuncao due to his last fight and I should get a bet down?
Well you could answer your own questions if you actually did tape lol. Styles make fights and this will be a tough one for Assuncao. I have seen many different views on this fight from people, we will find out tomorrow.

I have small degen action on Mazo. I’m curious about this frail ballerina type can crusher training at Kings MMA. What is she doing there? Is she a team mascot or is there real potential in her? Kings has a reputation of being a rough, sparring heavy team. What does that mean, if you’re the only pro woman there? Dobson is no world beater but she's mostly composed and somewhat physically imposing.
I'm also in Mazo as an Underdog 2.00 and now she is 1.80, dont like Dobson style against a good kicker, with range adv. I think is a perfect macht up for Mazo.

I was gonna pass on the Diaz - Pettis fight but Nate by TKO/KO is +700

Thoughts?
Pettis via dec 30-27.
Pettis can kick'n'run all day, or until he gasses.
Diaz will try to grab him and dirty box, Pettis will move and escape.

I'm also in Mazo as an Underdog 2.00 and now she is 1.80, dont like Dobson style against a good kicker, with range adv. I think is a perfect macht up for Mazo.
True. On he other hand Dobson has a long jab and Moroz did well closing the distance with similar boxing in R2 (though that was after she had made her grappling/td threat clear and busted Mazo's nose on ground in R1).

Last edited:
Man brandon davis cutting almost 40lbs to make the weight. His kidneys are going to pop.

True. On he other hand Dobson has a long jab and Moroz did well closing the distance with similar boxing in R2 (though that was after she had made her grappling/td threat clear and busted Mazo's nose on ground in R2).
No TD threat now and Mazo made a too late but nice move in R3 trowing that knees, I hope for more of that now if Dobson come in with a TD gameplan and if not, she gonna lose against a better kickboxing fighter in Mazo.

You guys probably don't put much stock into this but heavy hands, half the battle, pro mma betting and Jack Slack are all picking Costa, Diaz and DC.
HTB are the only winning bettors there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back