UFC 245 Usman vs Covington

Colby definitely has a cardio advantage. Gut feel tells me Nunes sparks GDR in the 1st Round
Does he? I don't really see where guys are getting this from. Usman's looked great going 5 rounds multiple times now so even if Colby does have marginally better cardio it's not like Usman has a cardio issue that he can exploit. Even stylistically Usmans power striking and defensive wrestling are both there to limit Colby's usual pressure tactics.

As for GDR I don't really see it. Obviously a decent chance with Nunes but GDR Is a very legit striker and I don't see that with Nunes. She's a good kickboxer but she's had a lot of fights where she could dictate the pace against mediocre strikers and the one girl who fought well against her in Shevchenko I thought clearly outpointed her striking. Unlike Shevchenko though GDR can match Nunes size and will press forward constantly and land with good power. Even Holm wasn't doing badly striking against Nunes until she decided to pretty much stand on one leg in the range with her.

Does he? I don't really see where guys are getting this from. Usman's looked great going 5 rounds multiple times now so even if Colby does have marginally better cardio it's not like Usman has a cardio issue that he can exploit. Even stylistically Usmans power striking and defensive wrestling are both there to limit Colby's usual pressure tactics.

As for GDR I don't really see it. Obviously a decent chance with Nunes but GDR Is a very legit striker and I don't see that with Nunes. She's a good kickboxer but she's had a lot of fights where she could dictate the pace against mediocre strikers and the one girl who fought well against her in Shevchenko I thought clearly outpointed her striking. Unlike Shevchenko though GDR can match Nunes size and will press forward constantly and land with good power. Even Holm wasn't doing badly striking against Nunes until she decided to pretty much stand on one leg in the range with her.
Agreed on both points

Yeh you make a fair case for GDR. But you can never compare GDR to Shevchenko. Shev is a female style bender imo. GDR definitely has power for sure but so does Cyborg

Big bet on nunes itd

I'm actually considering Germaine as a heavy dog, if Nunes decides to stand and bang with her she could be in trouble and GDR is a lot harder to take down than she was when they first fought.
Can't blame ya there. The Iron Lady really saved my night in spectacular fashion her last out against Ladd.
I could see the boxing being pretty even here. I think the kicks may give Nunes a leg up(no pun intended). Guess I'm leaning the Lioness here due to all that talk of GDR ducking Cyborg and the Nunes leveling here. Lowest fight IQ Cyborg or not Amanda showed she doesn't mind trading in the pocket and isn't the type to get bullied around.

Can't blame ya there. The Iron Lady really saved my night in spectacular fashion her last out against Ladd.
I could see the boxing being pretty even here. I think the kicks may give Nunes a leg up(no pun intended). Guess I'm leaning the Lioness here due to all that talk of GDR ducking Cyborg and the Nunes leveling here. Lowest fight IQ Cyborg or not Amanda showed she doesn't mind trading in the pocket and isn't the type to get bullied around.
Gdr don’t want that kind of smoke with the lioness.

holly holm was hurting her, nunes going to smash her like she smashes Nina ansaroff

Gdr don’t want that kind of smoke with the lioness.

holly holm was hurting her, nunes going to smash her like she smashes Nina ansaroff
That's about where I'm at. Holm did alot better against GDR than she did against Nunes, seemed like most of GDR's best shots on Holley were after the bell.
Glad we're getting the lesbian jokes going early but the mental image of her smashing Nina leaves more... questions than answers.
Like I hope Nunes trys as hard to put her foot in GDR's ass as she does to put a baby in Ansaroff. Still though if Nina ends up pregnant do they both get maternity leave, or does the baby automatically get a UFC contract?

GDR was landing hard right hands all night on Holly. Most of Holly's 'success' was cage pushing and the striking success she did have were a couple of left hand counters and a question mark kick. If GDR was hurt at any point it was a left hand in the 5th but she immediately grabbed a body lock and was fine so if chin isn't unbreakable her recovery is certainly great. The question mark kick she took looked to off balance her more than anything and Holm pushing her down after certainly contributed to how badly it looked. If she was that hurt she wouldn't have been backing up Holm with a hard five piece combo after.

I'm 99% sure Nunes has never even attempted a question mark let alone one with the set ups Holm had for it, and her punch counters are nowhere near as slick or well timed and mostly telegraphed overhands. Using Holms relatively limited success vs GDR as an argument that Nunes will completely dominate is way off. Nunes and Holm have extremely different striking skills and styles.

GDR was landing hard right hands all night on Holly. Most of Holly's 'success' was cage pushing and the striking success she did have were a couple of left hand counters and a question mark kick. If GDR was hurt at any point it was a left hand in the 5th but she immediately grabbed a body lock and was fine so if chin isn't unbreakable her recovery is certainly great. The question mark kick she took looked to off balance her more than anything and Holm pushing her down after certainly contributed to how badly it looked. If she was that hurt she wouldn't have been backing up Holm with a hard five piece combo after.

I'm 99% sure Nunes has never even attempted a question mark let alone one with the set ups Holm had for it, and her punch counters are nowhere near as slick or well timed and mostly telegraphed overhands. Using Holms relatively limited success vs GDR as an argument that Nunes will completely dominate is way off. Nunes and Holm have extremely different striking skills and styles.

Holm hurt gdr. And it wasn’t just from a question mark kick

go ahead and bet against nunes again. Clearly you have a bias towards her. It’s your money

Holm hurt gdr. And it wasn’t just from a question mark kick

go ahead and bet against nunes again. Clearly you have a bias towards her. It’s your money
I made it pretty clear that if GDR was hurt at any point it was from a left hand not the question mark kick. I also explained how the ways Holm had success against GDR, Nunes is unlikely to replicate well or consistently and therefore using them as justification for betting Nunes as a wide favourite makes no sense. You appear to have missed most of the point made and are just putting it down to a bias when really I'm just trying to be objective about how good a fighter actually is rather than getting caught up in hype trains and dumb narratives people get based on how loudly Rogan screams over a fight or whatever.

Please explain to me how Nunes beats GDR with more analysis than simply 'she'll KO her cause Holm hurt her', when its debatable Holm even hurt her significantly let alone that Nunes can do the same a significant enough percentage of the time to justify the betting line.

I made it pretty clear that if GDR was hurt at any point it was from a left hand not the question mark kick. I also explained how the ways Holm had success against GDR, Nunes is unlikely to replicate well or consistently and therefore using them as justification for betting Nunes as a wide favourite makes no sense. You appear to have missed most of the point made and are just putting it down to a bias when really I'm just trying to be objective about how good a fighter actually is rather than getting caught up in hype trains and dumb narratives people get based on how loudly Rogan screams over a fight or whatever.

Please explain to me how Nunes beats GDR with more analysis than simply 'she'll KO her cause Holm hurt her', when its debatable Holm even hurt her significantly let alone that Nunes can do the same a significant enough percentage of the time to justify the betting line.

It’s pretty well established that you think nunes is way overrated and are clearly biased towards her, finding excuses to bet her against nearly all her recent opponents

And you’re missing the point

holly holm is not known for being a power puncher, at all. she hurt gdr with her hands

nunes hits like a man. She was willing to stand and eat cyborgs best shot to land her own and face planted her in the first round.

but you weren’t impressed by that. Cyborg fought stupid was your reasoning, which she did but you dont take points form nunes for how cyborg fought. If anything nunes put the pressure on cyborg and made her fight that way

then the holm fight is announced and you find reasons to bet holm. She’s a much better striker. She will easily outpoint or even hurt nunes because shev did

yea we saw how that worked out. Steamrolled
Head kick knock out

what does nunes have to do to show you how good she is? She’s improved in all aspects of mma. How many woman are knocking girls out with head kicks in the ufc?

she’s going to dust gdr

I cap her around -350-400

"Nuking Cris Cyborg in under a minute isn't that impressive to me".

{<jordan}

It’s pretty well established that you think nunes is way overrated and are clearly biased towards her, finding excuses to bet her against nearly all her recent opponents

And you’re missing the point

holly holm is not known for being a power puncher, at all. she hurt gdr with her hands

nunes hits like a man. She was willing to stand and eat cyborgs best shot to land her own and face planted her in the first round.

but you weren’t impressed by that. Cyborg fought stupid was your reasoning, which she did but you dont take points form nunes for how cyborg fought. If anything nunes put the pressure on cyborg and made her fight that way

then the holm fight is announced and you find reasons to bet holm. She’s a much better striker. She will easily outpoint or even hurt nunes because shev did

yea we saw how that worked out. Steamrolled
Head kick knock out

what does nunes have to do to show you how good she is? She’s improved in all aspects of mma. How many woman are knocking girls out with head kicks in the ufc?

she’s going to dust gdr

I cap her around -350-400
All I asked you do to is provide some reasonable analysis as to how Nunes wins this fight and you just do a list of her recent fights describing how great she looked. You're also wildly misquoting me as well to a ridiculous level.

You have no idea if she's improved in all aspects of MMA cause she hasn't shown it. When has she shown this supposed amazing cardio of hers for example? You're questioning Usman's of all people but think hers is great cause she went into the 5th with out of shape and terrified Pennington? Wtf?
"Nuking Cris Cyborg in under a minute isn't that impressive to me".
In the 20 seconds or so Cyborg boxed vaguely well she had Nunes covering up and pushed back against the fence she then went full retard and started swinging with her chin up and all Nunes did was stick her head down and wing hooks back.

Nothing in that fight was that impressive at all. Out striking someone whose striking terribly doesn't make you a good striker.

Last edited:
All I asked you do to is provide some reasonable analysis as to how Nunes wins this fight and you just do a list of her recent fights describing how great she looked. You're also wildly misquoting me as well to a ridiculous level.

You have no idea if she's improved in all aspects of MMA cause she hasn't shown it. When has she shown this supposed amazing cardio of hers for example? You're questioning Usman's of all people but think hers is great cause she went into the 5th with out of shape and terrified Pennington? Wtf?

In the 20 seconds or so Cyborg boxed vaguely well she had Nunes covering up and pushed back against the fence she then went full retard and started swinging with her chin up and all Nunes did was stick her head down and wing hooks back.

Nothing in that fight was that impressive at all. Out striking someone whose striking terribly doesn't make you a good striker.
And remember, Cyborg gassed hard and was cut horribly and was losing to Felicia Spencer and then the UFC got rid of her immediately after their fight. (-Joe Rogan probably)

Listen....Jordo...I don't want to argue with you. Everyone has their nemesis. A fighter who they lose to every time they bet on or against. Yours in Amanda Nunes. GDR is very good. She's also at a speed and power disadvantage to my eye.

Listen....Jordo...I don't want to argue with you. Everyone has their nemesis. A fighter who they lose to every time they bet on or against. Yours in Amanda Nunes. GDR is very good. She's also at a speed and power disadvantage to my eye.
Ortega, Walker, Bermudez, Diaz, Dern, Holland etc. They all get exposed eventually.

I'll cash in on Nunes hype as well in time.

Back