PBP UFC 259: Blachowicz vs. Adesanya - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cormier ain't done...

image.png
Done what? Eating?

The 10-8 was stupid. Like it or not, I'm prepared to see more of that stuff going forward.

Jan lost basically 50% of that round before the takedown. Granted the second half of the round was more dominant, but he never looked close to a finish. 10-8 is beyond a joke when he never had him hurt or close to a sub.

Right. It made a huge difference in the Nunes/Anderson fight.

Lets not forget styles make fights.
Which is why I said SKILL BEAT SIZE. I didn't forget anything. I'm just pointing out that it's significant when the skill level is about equal. Obviously, there's a HUGE skill disparity between Me-Gin and Amanda, and to a lesser extent MB and GSP.

Jan lost basically 50% of that round before the takedown. Granted the second half of the round was more dominant, but he never looked close to a finish. 10-8 is beyond a joke when he never had him hurt or close to a sub.

Agreed. I had Jan winning 4-1, but none of those rounds were 10-8, IMO.

What’s the chance here? If he loses, he has the “bigger man” excuse. If he wins, huge profit. What does anyone have to lose by getting a title shot at the next highest division?

I don't see that excuse working here though. Israel clearly lost because he was too busy fighting some invisible opponent only he could see instead of Jan. Jan meanwhile stayed focused on fighting Israel, and so steadily racked up the necessary shots to win.

Like, it's not like Jan only won the rounds he took Israel down. He won the entirely stand up rounds too.

I don't blame them especially now that there's no live gate and they need to sell every ppv and bit of merchandise they can. I Don think it's izzys fault either. Who would say no to a monster push and the perks that come with that

It seems like star power is in short supply at the moment. There's a few guys I think they really want to break out. We'll see this behavior when stipe fights big frank again too I think.

I been feeling like they want izzy to be the new silva so bad but I just don't think he is or will be. He's a good fighter but to quote triple h here he's a b plus player.

I think the ufc needs to realize that stars are born organically and if they want to jump start a guy do what pride did and alternate between names and cans and let a dude look like a legit bad ass with some name recognition. Getting rid of usada would do wonders as well as its completely ruined the 3 heavier divisions

I don't envy the position the ufc is in one bit.
His ground game is too lacking and too timid in the stand up (more of a counter striker, frustrating type of striker) and does not have the power to move forward.

It definitely downs his hype for a bit. If he destroys some top contender in his next fight then it builds back up, but he definitely lost some face here and his hype has died down for a moment...
I think it’s clearly a pretty low risk versus reward ratio.

BTW anyone going on izzy beating him.

Jan held his own standing and out landed izzy in strikes and dominated him on the ground.

I disagree that Izzy's TDD is poor. Clearly the damage wore on him so obviously he gets fatigued and the takedown is tougher. I think Jan was smart not to shoot for the TD right away in the first

I also think its those individual moments. Izzy was leaning back/walking backwards when the takedowns happen. If your opponent has a drive then those positions are going to be difficult to defend for nearly everybody.

What the hell is this im watching with Cormier standing around with a mic waiting..

Rogan needs Cruz or Bisping to be there to call him out and rein him in. DC is too much of his friend and too easily manipulated by hype, and Anik is too much of a company man and so does nothing unless Production comes in the ear.

Cruz and Bisping don't give a fuck. They're perfectly fine throwing around their pro status against Joe, and know they're there for their expertise, not to run with Joe's colour commentary. They may like their fun, but they know they're on the mic for the actual pro perspective and will give it. Joe doesn't stop with a narrative unless an expert shuts him up, which is ostensibly DC's job and he won't.

Which is something anybody who listens to his podcast knows needs to be done. Once he latches onto something he won't shut up about until an expert tells or implies to him he's an idiot for that train of thought.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. Terrible duo for that reason. Besides that, I think Rogan definitely needs to get replaced. Half of the time he just doesn't have a clue.

Back