UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier

Dom looks thiccccc

Oliveira is a whole different beast now as well

Already placed my bet on FDGTD for the ME and multiple parlays with some unders, the over for the Cruz fight and Muñoz. Can't wait for this card

I don't understand the line move in Neal's favor. Sure, he has a good chance in the 1st round, but this is a pretty size-able move for a guy who obviously isn't taking the fight as seriously as he should be. He's gone from -130 to close to 100 at my regular book.

Is Sakai technical enough to win against Tuivasa? Can he avoid the big bomb? Or is the read on this Heavyweight = Pass?
Bet the over or FGTD if you want to touch the fight. Both guys are sloppy but usually durable in a striking fight, so I see it going the full 15.

Sakai isn't above point fighting either, so if he does have an advantage over Tai on the feet, it should still hit the over I feel.

Ponzi loves to lose 1st rounds
Neal may finish him, not sure what to make of his arrest though lol

I was huge on Perez ITD, fucking pissed about that fight being off

Might just put it all on Silva ITD

Last edited:
How the F did Charles ever make 145??? Dude wasted half his career killing himself to cut to a weight he never should have fought at. Dustin is an all time great LW but Charles is locked in and a killer right now.

Surprised to see Anders looking significantly smaller than Muniz. Thought they would look to be about the same size but Muniz looks huge.

Dom looks bigger than previously. Still think he will likely potshot Pedro for 15 minutes straight and win a UD.

Thinking of putting a small fortune on Charles Dustin DNGTD

Similar to last weekend, love this one for betting. I think a lot of these fights end ITD and odds aren't too bad on it. Also pretty confident in a few guys near even. Robertson/Cach should end ITD, Hall/Minner should, and Paiva/O'Malley should. I'd be nearly shocked if Wright/Silva, Poirier/Oliveira, or Nunes/Pena makes the cards. I like Costa, Cruz, Emmett, France, and Neal quite a bit here too.

Similar to last weekend, love this one for betting. I think a lot of these fights end ITD and odds aren't too bad on it. Also pretty confident in a few guys near even. Robertson/Cach should end ITD, Hall/Minner should, and Paiva/O'Malley should. I'd be nearly shocked if Wright/Silva, Poirier/Oliveira, or Nunes/Pena makes the cards. I like Costa, Cruz, Emmett, France, and Neal quite a bit here too.

Like all the sake guys you mentioned at the end, have bets on several of them

Even with Neal's recent controversy? Some are questioning his commitment to winning this fight.

I think Cody will gas again if he will not KO Kai in the first. New weight class + even higher fight tempo = not good for Garbrandt sus cardio.

I think Cody will gas again if he will not KO Kai in the first. New weight class + even higher fight tempo = not good for Garbrandt sus cardio.
That was my thinking as well.
He gassed hard against Font after like 1 round of activity. Maybe it was because he mixed in the grappling? but I have a feeling his lungs are compromised after that bout he had with Covid.
If Font's pace turned him into a zombie by the 2nd then France should be able to do the same.
Plus Cody's chin/defense was always suspect at BW, with an even thinner neck and more dehydrated brain that's just asking for a nap.
I could be wrong though, maybe he'll just be a monster at this weight category and challenge for the title in no time. It's possible.
Safest bet would be to live bet. If Cody is breathing real heavy at the end of the first then go on France.

There may be something to it, but I"m not putting much stock in it. I think he's much sharper than Ponz standing honestly.
I think Neal was much sharper than Ponzinibbio before he almost died in August 2020 (Neal's own words).

Neal had that near-death experience where he was in the hospital in August 2020, then fought Wonderboy in December 2020 and looked flat but not terrible. Then, he fought Magny in May 2021 and started off fast, but slowed down in the middle of Round 2 and lost a decision.

Ponzinibbio looked bad in his first fight back from a long injury layoff and looked flat against Li Jingliang. Then, he fought Miguel Baeza and lost the first round, then tweaked his game plan and won Rounds 2 and 3.

I like Ponzinibbio +100 and Over 1.5 rounds. I think Both guys will be weary of each others power, and I think Neal's new hairstyle coincides with a more cautious style he'll take in this fight since he's on a 2-fight losing streak and is probably mentally not in the best space because he knows he has started to fight worse and lose after the injury and needs to win today in order to keep his job (he'll probably get another fight if he loses and is 0-3).

Ponzi loves to lose 1st rounds
Neal may finish him, not sure what to make of his arrest though lol

I was huge on Perez ITD, fucking pissed about that fight being off

Might just put it all on Silva ITD
I can't trust Neal's mindset after the dui and gun charges.

Don't forget that it's the big cage. More movement for all fighters, and more decisions.

We already know about that most fighters in main events adjust their fighting style to fit a 5-round fight, as well as the crazy stat in 2021 of main event fights going Over the total and many going to decision, even in the fights that seem so likely to end fast.

Can somebody convince me not to put my child's savings pot on Jordan Wright to get KO'd please.

Great news. The child is still on course for University and her first car thank goodness.

Back