UFC 271: Adesanya vs Whittaker 2 - Feb 12

Took Bobby green already -163 is very decent, think he's a level above nasrat. Also have Ronnie in a parlay, didn't really do any research with this one tbh but I'm not impressed with his opponent at all after his ufc debut and kinda just assumed he'll get wrestle f'd but we'll see.

+120 for Cannonier / Brunson to go the distance sounds appealing, only finish I could see is Cannonier nuking Brunson (which is possible) but I don't see Brunson having much finishing potential in this fight, Cannonier has pretty solid takedown defense & I can't see him getting mauled & controlled on the ground like Shahbazyan & Till were.

Oh, and Blonde Brunson is undefeated. He has fought a lot smarter on this win streak he's on than he has in recent years.

+120 for Cannonier / Brunson to go the distance sounds appealing, only finish I could see is Cannonier nuking Brunson (which is possible) but I don't see Brunson having much finishing potential in this fight, Cannonier has pretty solid takedown defense & I can't see him getting mauled & controlled on the ground like Shahbazyan & Till were.

Oh, and Blonde Brunson is undefeated. He has fought a lot smarter on this win streak he's on than he has in recent years.
Brunson has fought smarter in his recent fights, but he still got wobbled in his fights against Till and Shabazyan. I think that Cannonier has more power than those two so I see a nuke as a pretty good possibility to be fair.

I'll need to check the footage myself, but it's not like Wells doesn't leave himself open whenever he swings, so I could see a KB vet catching him early.

Under 2.5 might be good there.

hes got a good high kick that’s very fast and he hides it well. He throws some good knees to the body.

Don’t think he carries a lot of power in his hands. He can snap out a good straight every now and then but he’s usually going for unorthodox looping strikes and leaving his hands by his sides after throwing.

i wasn’t impressed at all after watching a few of his kickboxing fights. I remember taping izzy and knowing he was going to be very dangerous in mma. Not the case here with diamond.

4 fight deal based on what? Decisioning a 4-1 guy on the Regionals?

Last edited:
Not sure why Knight is getting some love here. Beyond a freak KO how exactly does he win? Grishin schools him on the feet and its not like Knight has crazy wrestling, bjj, or pace to compensate. Knight is a gasser, even if he tries to wrestle and control Grishin he will tire out from one round. I think Grishin is too experienced and defensively responsible to favor a Knight KO here.

Not sure why Knight is getting some love here. Beyond a freak KO how exactly does he win? Grishin schools him on the feet and its not like Knight has crazy wrestling, bjj, or pace to compensate. Knight is a gasser, even if he tries to wrestle and control Grishin he will tire out from one round. I think Grishin is too experienced and defensively responsible to favor a Knight KO here.
Second that. Knee-jerk reaction for my was to pick Knight since Grishin hasn't lit the world on fire so far, but the loss to Tybura was understandable, and the Jacoby fight was close.

It really seems like a bad matchup for someone like Knight who relies on capitalizing in the inexperience of his opponents. Maxim's got more fights than Knight and his previous three wins combined, only worry is that he's old, but his game wasn't reliant on athleticism in the first place.
hes got a good high kick that’s very fast and he hides it well. He throws some good knees to the body.

Don’t think he carries a lot of power in his hands. He can snap out a good straight every now and then but he’s usually going for unorthodox looping strikes and leaving his hands by his sides after throwing.

i wasn’t impressed at all after watching a few of his kickboxing fights. I remember taping izzy and knowing he was going to be very dangerous in mma. Not the case here with diamond.

4 fight deal based on what? Decisioning a 4-1 guy on the Regionals?
I'll get back to you after I tape him, can't say fading CKB newcomers is a bad choice given how Ulberg did against Nzechukwu. They are giving him (Carlos) an easier fight now in Cherant who's pretty sloppy wherever it goes, so I might substitute a Matetha pick with Ulberg by KO or something.

Trying to be more careful with which rookies I pick after that ukrainian can got his arm exploded last night.

Because he has +money next to him.. and because he's going to knock Grishin out.

Need a bounce back event after getting killed last current odds haven't placed anything and just a few fights I "taped" so far.

Morozov-over 2.5-165
Malkoun+100.
Cherant+190
Hermadez-under 1.5+120
Lawrence-ov 2.5-185
Grishin-165

like knight at +150 and will be looking to live bet cherant if he can survive against gassy ulberg, who I would expect to pace himself in this fight

taking a shot at Roxy at nearly +300

Is ulberg that gassy though? The pace in his fight with Kennedy was incredible. He hit Kennedy with his best shit and the Nigerian Zombie just ate that shit. Ulberg threw like 230 punches in 8 minutes so it could be a pacing issue rather than a gas issue. Cherant is pretty trash. Always backs himself up, throws single shots, doesn't wrestle. I feel like Ulberg could just win on the feet comfortably here.

Is ulberg that gassy though? The pace in his fight with Kennedy was incredible. He hit Kennedy with his best shit and the Nigerian Zombie just ate that shit. Ulberg threw like 230 punches in 8 minutes so it could be a pacing issue rather than a gas issue. Cherant is pretty trash. Always backs himself up, throws single shots, doesn't wrestle. I feel like Ulberg could just win on the feet comfortably here.

Fabio Cherant is a grappler. I don't think he is going to give Carlos Ulberg the chance to throw 230 punches.

That and Cherant doesn't have the durability to Homer Simpson his way to a win like Nzechukwu did.
Fabio Cherant is a grappler. I don't think he is going to give Carlos Ulberg the chance to throw 230 punches.
Fabio let Menifield slam and Von Flue him like nobody's business though, he's not too good. Ulberg isn't the best either, but I do think he should be able to get off earlier and lamp Cherant.

That and Cherant doesn't have the durability to Homer Simpson his way to a win like Nzechukwu did.

Fabio let Menifield slam and Von Flue him like nobody's business though, he's not too good. Ulberg isn't the best either, but I do think he should be able to get off earlier and lamp Cherant.

I agree if it stays on the feet Cherant is going to get knocked out but you have to acknowledge if Ulberg gets taken down he is going to get subbed.

It comes down to which scenario you believe is more likely.

Talk me out of anchoring most my parlays with Lewis. This is the type of fight he wants, 3 rounds, not likely to do to decision, no worry of takedowns, submissions or being held against the cage. Also in his hometown, step-down in competition, slow moving target, coming off setting the knockout record so confidence has to be high....also expect him to be -225 by Friday

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back