UFC 271 PBP/Discussion

Whit rd 5, but the only other round you could even consider giving him would be 2. At absolute worst 3-2 Izzy.

But TX judges...yeah.

whittaker fought very scared today, woulda gone izzy dec if i knew that was going to be his approach

I think this fight was a lot closer than folks are giving it credit for. Rob's jab was fantastic. He was probably a bit of output or more control time away from a decision tonight.

whittaker fought very scared today, woulda gone izzy dec if i knew that was going to be his approach

Weird boxing approach, only threw left hands. Then failed wrestling approach. He landed a handful of TDs and did nothing with it. Then had zero game plan going into the 5th. Wall stall? It was worse hearing Rob say he executed the game plan and believed he won.

No killer instinct from Whit- my read was he’d fight literally exactly like this but then have the killer instinct to put combos behind his jabs or be more lethal on the ground. Ultimately got talked out of a bet on him and glad I did but Adesanya didn’t look that great to me. The only fight I’d like to see him take next is Jiri

Nah, hes a solid gatekeeper. Tough for everyone else. But not diverse enough to ever beat Izzy.
I agree with everything except not diverse enough. I would rather argue that he does not excell anywhere on the highest level, his striking is maybe the best part of his game if we only look at broad terms, and it is clearly not enough to beat Izzy.

Ulberg POS.png

Gained +19u today, but this shit above cost me 16u extra profits, Izzy ITD missing cost 6u profits and morosov killed another 5u or something. Basically could have been a truly legendary day.

Really, really look forward to fading Ulberg vs anyone remotely competent.

Back