UFC 272 looks bad... like really, REALLY bad

On paper it doesn't look great, but watch it be a banger.

UFC 272 is less than a month away and will be headlined by Colby vs. Jorge (which lets be honest isn't a competitive matchup).

Here is how the rest of the card looks:
image.png

I like Marina vs. Xiaonan and Holland vs. Oliveira will be fun fights.
But the rest of the card is atrocious... Can't believe baldy is gonna charge people $75 for this atrocious card. This is straight up awful.

How would you rank this card on a scale of 1-10? I give it a 2/10

Theres some good matchups...could be a card where a new star emerges..mitchell vs barboza is a classic striker vs grappler...

I dont get how people expect new blood to rise when there not given a chance ..cuz the cards "weak" lol...

Your either a fan of MMA or your not...watching only when your favorite fighters on doesnt really make you a fan of MMA...

Plus theres quite abit of time left for this card to mature ...

It’s not a terrible card.

also not sure why some ppl are not hyped for Colby be Masvidal.

Masvidal is the underdog, but he has to be a live underdog. He did go 5 rounds with Usman on a weeks notice.

He also slept Till and Askren, and brutalized Diaz.

colby has a hard time putting ppl away. So the fight is likely to go the distance. Colby also stands and trades with volume more often than he hits takedowns and controls on the ground (at least lately).

So if this is going the distance and will have long stretches on their feet (and obviously every round begins on their feet), I don’t see why this isn’t a good fight. Sure, Colby is the favourite, but yo pretend this is not competitive or interesting is beyond me.

Jeremy Stephens was booted from the UFC before Jessica Eye. Crazy.

Not a good card, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. There aren't a lot of consequential fights in terms of title implications, but there are some fun ones.

Rodriguez/Xiaonan is one of those rare WMMA fights that could deliver
Barboza/Mitchell isn't a bad fight
Turner/Mullarkey is a very good fight depending on which Turner shows up
Holland/Oliveira should be a decent action scrap

Like I said, nothing but spectacular, but to be fair, I'm not seeing much in terms of bonified stinkers either. Hopefully they put one more more good fight together to fill out the card a bit.

Embarrassing beyond words. Imagine paying $80 for that tripe.

It's literally a DWCS event.

That's not a good card.

With that said, why the fuck is Jacoby first fight of the night? He's on a 5 fight undefeated run in the UFC. They literally just did the same thing to Da Un Jung. Why does the UFC hate light heavyweight prospects?

They should have put Fiorot on the main card so casuals could see her destroy Jessica Eye.
Hopefully they adjust the fight order and this is merely a placeholder.

Can't imagine Kevin Holland and Cowboy being buried that early on the card, that sounds like a main card starter or prelim headliner.

I think a lot of folks ITT defending it as "these cards usually bang" or "we say this every card" would have a really good point if this was a Fight Night, but as a PPV this is terrible.

Yea he is, I dont doubt that for a second. A Lot of people in the UFC Hespect Barboza's striking prowess but it sucks that a guy like Bryce wont challenge himself and stand toe to toe with the likes of Edson and see if he has what it takes to beat Edson toe to toe. Instead he is gonna wet blanket Edson and pray for the W
Barboza should challenge himself and try to submit Mitchell.

Could be better but it could of been lot worse. They are banking on Colby and mas selling it out, which I think will happen

Yeah Main Card looks decent rest of it..yikes

Not a bad card in my book. Main event is meh, a mismatch, however

Agapova grudge match going to be great! Craziest female MMA fighter fighting Russian or whatever in a real-beef grudge match?

tumblr_m24c4jqBcu1r2828g.gif

And Mitchell vs Barboza is fire!

Fiorot is fighting!

I mean not necessarily a great card nor a good card, but not a bad card since

Covington-Masvidal, not a good fight, but sorta interesting with so much shit talk
Mitchell-Barboza
Agapova - Moroz
Fiorot - Eye

And two LHW fights on that card is pretty interesting as well, and Kevin is debuting at WW, if you are still on that train.

All in all, I don't think it's a bad card.

Masvidal will stop Covington.

Yea that's bad. Probably the worst PPV I can remember. Even the main event is lame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back