UFC 279. From PPV to skip to most talked about PPV in recent memory.

Which card do I prefer?

• Total voters
Shows you just how badly UFC flubbed the matchmaking here. I said from the beginning Khamzat vs. Diaz was a shit fight.

I like the new card better and I can't wait to see what the guys come up with for the second round of the MS Paint shoop contest.

3hmwd1R.gif

These fights are more fun than original matchup, but there is the X factor no one in the main event has basically trained for their opponent. So it could backfire a little bit. It maintains the quality of original card. Would've been pissed if they just took Khamzat/Diaz off and still sold it as a PPV.

UFC 279 debacle blessed our bum lives... wouldn't doubt it if the madness at the end of the week doubled the buy rate.

Good for Nate to go out on a win as he was getting steam rolled in the original match up. Sad to see Tony's decline though given his apparent desire to continue, that boy looked done. After looking good against Chandler early to that performance on the weekend was a massive drop off, he might only be used now to fight either ageing vets on the way out or to let up and comers make a name for themselves. Hopefully not the latter.

Was like "meh" before, was more interested when it changed, but I didn't think it delivered, so maybe the original one would've more impressive because the fights would've been better.

5/10

i don't know about that. Likely something will big will happen 4 months from now and people will say the same thing.

It's a pretty insignificant PPV, the fact that this stuff happened kind of showed how insignificant it was. Realistically outside of hardcore fans most people had no idea who most of the fighters were on the card.

Just means we'll get more staged drama and angles in the future. Now WME knows they can get away with shabby PPVs as long as there's WWE BS for casuals to eat up

Shows you just how badly UFC flubbed the matchmaking here. I said from the beginning Khamzat vs. Diaz was a shit fight.

Thank Allah* the UFC realized this just in time and self-corrected the problem.

That was for all you posters who insist I'm Muslim, you're so easy to manipulate and don't even know it <45>

Give me the just bleed battle of the year.

Give me holland and khamzat talking shit

Just bleed battle of the year? Lol. Is that actually what you expected from semi retired 37 and 38 year olds who hadn't won a fight or looked competent in years? I mean Nate and Tony were being sent to the slaughter vs Li and Khamzat but id have rather seen them slaughtered than the sad display they put on...fucking hell.

Just bleed battle of the year? Lol. Is that actually what you expected from semi retired 37 and 38 year olds who hadn't won a fight or looked competent in years? I mean Nate and Tony were being sent to the slaughter vs Li and Khamzat but id have rather seen them slaughtered than the sad display they put on...fucking hell.
A boy can dream right?

Back