UFC 280 PBP/Discussion

Charles looked really off today. Disappointing performance.

He looked "off" b/c of Islam's strengths in the clinch, wrestling and grappling. Charles could be reckless and throw without abandon in his streak since he could fall back on his BJJ or clinch for the opponents he beat. There was nowhere he was safe against Islam and he couldn't open up his striking as freely. He was forced to think and react much more due to Islam's skillset and was beat soundly everywhere. Clinch, range, ground.

Also had aljo ml but threw away most of the profits with aljo sub and tj ko as a hedge

sometimes the props just don’t work out.

sucks to have a bad event now cause I had back to back bad nfl weeks. Need to cut out nfl, and this isn’t the first time I’ve said this

Well, time to go and enjoy the rest of the day. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Also had aljo ml but threw away most of the profits with aljo sub and tj ko as a hedge

sucks to have a bad event now cause I had back to back bad nfl weeks. Need to cut out nfl, and this isn’t the first time I’ve said this
Im done with prop betting there is only a few times prop betting worked out for me. Prop betting parlays are much better because at least i can bet a small ticket stub for crazy plus odds.

But almost all prop bets are throwaways.

Im done with prop betting there is only a few times prop betting worked out for me. Prop betting parlays are much better because at least i can bet a small ticket stub for crazy plus odds.

But almost all prop bets are throwaways.
Wish I could parlay them. When they hit I win big. Today they just ended up losing me 10+ units where as if I just let my ml bets ride I would’ve done ok

Aljo itd was +300

It was just tough for Charles because his weaknesses play into Islam's strengths so well. Great job by Islam to capitalize.

I scored rounds 1 and 3 for Sugar.

View attachment 949475
People who say this just award rds to him because they did not expect him to do this good. But realistically Yan landed just as many big shots as O'malley and he totally owned him in the grappling. It is the underdog bias that is clearly effecting you. If you let 10.000 people score that fight 95% or more will give it to Yan. Thus it is a blatant robbery. In Glory they use 5 judges I think that would solve a lot of the problems in MMA judging. Also letting 2 of the 5 judges judge from a monitor in a soundless environment would make it a lot more fair.

UFC.. where they loooove talking DraftKings and odds but keep injuries secret until after the fact yet again.. Zombie.. Ngannou, TJ.. and more. Fuck transparency, just bet and support our product/partners.

Glad I had nothing on TJ in this case. My lock was the (admittedly bad odds) main not going distance. Small bets lost, big bet on that won, luckily. Oliveira didn't look his normal self and Islam looked ready.

People who say this just award rds to him because they did not expect him to do this good. But realistically Yan landed just as many big shots as O'malley and he totally owned him in the grappling. It is the underdog bias that is clearly effecting you. If you let 10.000 people score that fight 95% or more will give it to Yan. Thus it is a blatant robbery. In Glory they use 5 judges I think that would solve a lot of the problems in MMA judging. Also letting 2 of the 5 judges judge from a monitor in a soundless environment would make it a lot more fair.

I won some $ on O'Malley dec but...he did not win that fight. No way. Was he competitive? Absolutely. Won a round? Yeah, maybe. But this was a robbery. And I almost never use that word, and even more rarely in a decision that I profit from. But...c'mon.

upload_2022-10-22_23-6-3.png

Literally not ONE media outlet had it for O'Malley. Not one.

26/26 had it for Yan.

Robbery.

At this point, I think Dariush is by far the most interesting matchup for Islam.

At this point, I think Dariush is by far the most interesting matchup for Islam.

I guess. But he will likely still get ragdolled. I love Dariush and he's been criminally underrated for years but Islam is just a younger, bigger, stronger version of him for the most part.

I can see a 2-3 year run where Islam just runs through the top 6-7 guys at 155 and pressure mounts for him to take on whoever is atop the 170 lb division. Kazmat maybe if he can actually make that weight. Or whoever it happens to be.

I can see a 2-3 year run where Islam just runs through the top 6-7 guys at 155 and pressure mounts for him to take on whoever is atop the 170 lb division. Kazmat maybe if he can actually make that weight. Or whoever it happens to be.

Jailyn Turner, if he can blitz Islam early, i always wondered if Khabib or Islam might have a weakness and that is a tall fighter with a high finish rate100% . We never got to see Islam or Khabib against a 6'3 frame. It's interesting to think about, but not sold on turner.

Jailyn Turner, if he can blitz Islam early, i always wondered if Khabib or Islam might have a weakness and that is a tall fighter with a high finish rate100% . We never got to see Islam or Khabib against a 6'3 frame. It's interesting to think about, but not sold on turner.

Yeah I mean it's also looking pretty far ahead. There are always guys who come up that become top tier but that most people haven't heard much about. 3 years ago nobody except die hards had heard of Kazmat for example.

Back