PBP UFC 282 - Blachowicz vs. Ankalaev: Official Main Card PBP Discussion: 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly why I’m saying Jan got robbed. The two non Jan cards make no sense. If one of them gave Ank 1, 4, and 5 I would’ve accepted it.
i need to rewatch the fight coz i thought ank could've possibly won rd 1. but defnitely rd 5 wasn't a 10-8

They are gonna be knockin on that door no matter what. Ankalaev's claim is stronger cos he took the fight over and looked better at the end of it.

Ankalaev's claim is not stronger. It was a draw, and jan is a former champ.

one judge gave rd 3 to ank and another gave rd5 10-8 to ank... so it looks like jan should've won the decision

qqtjVBG.png

I also thought Jan won rounds 1,2 and 3 and won the fight

The CO Main Events were duds on an otherwise great card of finishes.

Oh and Ankalaev didn’t impress me at all.

Are they going to fight again next ?
Guess its all depend if Dana wants one of them to wear the strap ..

I had Ankalaev winning 49-46. I thought he won rounds 1, 3, 4, and 5. Round 2 could have been a 10-8 for Jan, but I had it 10-9.

What a shit decision.

There are fissures in the UFC. 282 gave more evidence of it. People are upset about things that they think are unfair.

The issues:

-results of matches
-fighters getting protected / promoted
-pay
-concerns about making weight and drug use

Also possibly:

-fighter disrespect / misbehavior

Jake Paul is an important guy who plays this tune. It's true he's not a champion and that he's young. But he's making a ton of money, and he's proved something.

The final nail in the coffin is that Conor really still is the most important guy in the UFC. Everybody else is kind of far behind. If Connor's fight record stops being good, or anything else bad like that happens, it might drag the ufc down with him.

The UFC is vulnerable to possibly not being the top promotion any more one day.

One more problem it might have is staleness. If a new promotion took talent away from the UFC, and did something new, it might help it defeat the UFC.

The UFC should focus on heart and soul, security, fighter pay, and possibly should try to do some new things with the format.

They don't have to end all of the complaints about pay. But if they keep 90 or 95% of the people happy that would be a lot better. I don't think they're doing that.

the one that score the fight for jan is the same that score it 50 - 45 sabatello

Yeah that score for Danny was indefensible. You could argue he might have won the 1st, 4th, and 5th but no way did he pitch a shut out.

The terrible scorecards for the last two fights took away from a great night of fights. Rewatched both fights again (without the commentary), and I thought Gordon clearly won 29-28 (argument could be made for 30-27). I thought Ankalaev won 48-46 (argument made for 48-47 or even 49-46). Even Jan said he did not win that fight. Judging was a disgrace for the final two fights, with the Paddy fight being one of the worst decisions I have seen since Shogun-Machida 1 in 2009.

Back