UFC 286: Edwards vs. Usman 3

Did you watch his fight Michael chandler lol?

yeah he beat a chinny wrestler and still couldn’t put him away … and he was wobbled in that fight too .

Again - I wouldn’t favor him over a better striker

that chandler fight is a decent win though - I like chandler - I have them both extremely similar - great entertainment with serious limitations

yeah he beat a chinny wrestler and still couldn’t put him away … and he was wobbled in that fight too .

Again - I wouldn’t favor him over a better striker

that chandler fight is a decent win though - I like chandler - I have them both extremely similar - great entertainment with serious limitations
He ate bombs from chandler who has insane power. Also chandler didn’t look very chinny in that fight

Gaethje made Ferguson look old over night. No one was saying Ferguson was done before that fight and he was a big favorite. That’s revisionist history.

Well...when the pics came out of how skeletal and bad he looked after cutting weight TWICE IN A MONTH (Tony gonna Tony), eyebrows were at least raised.

He ate bombs from chandler who has insane power. Also chandler didn’t look very chinny in that fight

Yeah Justin's chin held up really well there. But then he was dropped and badly hurt by Charles in his next fight in the sequence that led to the finish.

So...IDK. I think it'll likely be Fisev's speed and precision that Justin can't handle. A late TKO due to a lot of punishment taken is my prediction.

I think something that bears mentioning is that both Chandler and Gaethje land bombs in terms of power, but they often don't have anywhere close to the proper technique/accuracy that they should.

Form and accuracy are arguably more important that the power itself. It's one of the reasons Gaethje seemed so perplexed by Charle's O's "power" when Charles wasn't swinging for the bleachers like him and Chandler were.

Fiz has a great combo of power and technique, so it should be another rude awakening for Justin.

While we are on the topic, one thing that Charles did fantastically was the high MT stance and lifted the lead leg whenever a leg kick was coming his way. It completely took that tool away from Gaethje. I don't know if Fiz has the height or stance to do something similar, but given his kickboxing background I'd like to think that he'll have something planned for that as well. If not, that might be Gaethje's best route to victory.

isn’t a winning bet A good bet ?

I was certain I lost though …. I was very disappointed by his output ….. when he landed the spinning back fist to inverted triangle I dropped my beer lol

Im 99% sure on fiziev though …. As confident as one can be ….a lot more then I was in grant

A winning bet isnt necessarily a good bet. If i put my life sayings on the powerball, a 1 in 292 million chance and i win would you say that's a good bet? If i pay -200 on a coin flip and I win I made a good bet?

I agree with other bets but what's Luana Carolina's path to victory? She was outclassed and viciously KO'd by Molly who is pretty meh overall. Wood old but only lost to higher level fighters.
Don't think the Molly fight has much bearing on this one, she likes to come forward, has that dog in her, hits pretty hard and Luana is useless fighting backward. If Wood just gets into a distance striking battle, it's not out of the question she could lose. She's also getting up there in age. All that being said I did bet Wood @ 2.09 because I believe she should be favoured but she isn't a lock by any means.

A winning bet isnt necessarily a good bet. If i put my life sayings on the powerball, a 1 in 292 million chance and i win would you say that's a good bet? If i pay -200 on a coin flip and I win I made a good bet?

i agree a -200 on a coin flip isn’t a good bet

conversely …. I think betting on a sure -300 is a good bet …. Just because it doesn’t return equal value doesn’t mean it’s a bad bet .

i don’t consider this a coin flip fight …. I think it’s pretty clear fiziev is the better striker and that’s how this fight will play out …. So for me I’m confident I’m winning - it’s not a coin flip at all to me .

Will Gaethje’s cardio be better now that he got his nose fixed?

The Best dog this card is Gabriel Santos, this kid is very good. 55/45 Murphy just because hes fight in home.

The Best dog this card is Gabriel Santos, this kid is very good. 55/45 Murphy just because hes fight in home.

Yeah I'm going to see how the line goes with this one, but he's a top tier talent for sure.

Will Gaethje’s cardio be better now that he got his nose fixed?
Gaethje always has solid cardio and will fight hard for 15 minutes. He can get gassy but that happens in his all out wars and he still fights hard, don't think cardio will have much to do with this fight, Gaethje's durability vs the best striker in the division is the question.

I think something that bears mentioning is that both Chandler and Gaethje land bombs in terms of power, but they often don't have anywhere close to the proper technique/accuracy that they should.

Form and accuracy are arguably more important that the power itself. It's one of the reasons Gaethje seemed so perplexed by Charle's O's "power" when Charles wasn't swinging for the bleachers like him and Chandler were.

Gaethje has great technique most of the time. His left hook and uppercut especially. Only when he is rocked, he will start swinging for the fences.

That is one of the most beautiful/accurate uppercuts I have seen

Gaethje has great technique most of the time. His left hook and uppercut especially. Only when he is rocked, he will start swinging for the fences.

That is one of the most beautiful/accurate uppercuts I have seen

Fiziev gonna be much more evasive than Chandler.

I'm still not totally convinced by Fiziev. I need him to smash Gaethje to truly believe.

I think he's got a ton of talent, but have him down as a finesse striker as opposed to a wrecking ball.

I think his best chance against Gaethje is to simply outlast him, but that will also require Justin being given a reason to empty the tanks.

If Fiziev is as evasive as he needs to be, I think Gaethje might last longer...

dolidze is a damn good fighter with a world championship in grappling ….he’s a great dog

unfortunately stylewise this is a tough one for him …. But If Vettori isnt at his best - dolidze can catch anyone in a sub … just not sure he can get this to the ground - and his single shot heavy hooks shouldn’t work on vetorris cement head

dolidze is a damn good fighter with a world championship in grappling ….he’s a great dog

unfortunately stylewise this is a tough one for him …. But If Vettori isnt at his best - dolidze can catch anyone in a sub … just not sure he can get this to the ground - and his single shot heavy hooks shouldn’t work on vetorris cement head
He looks like such a dangerous grappler but he never makes his subs work for a finish and he ends up being really sloppy on top and getting too high. I've bet him to win by sub more than once and was pretty surprised. He's fun to watch but I have a hard time betting him unless I get this type of price. I don't think he'll get the sub because Vettori has that brute strength and dumbness to just fight right through it. I do think he could hurt Vettori with a knee when he makes one of his face-to-the-canvas takedown attempts and I think he could threaten some guillotines. I'll definitely have some Dolidze moneyline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back