UFC 289: Amanda Nunes vs. Irene Aldana, June 10, Vancouver

Zahabi is 2-0 as a dog last fights.
I like, not love, Zahabi here. I think he can stick and move to a decision win in his home country.

The only thing that worries me is Vince Morales was able to walk him down.
I think Vince is a fun action fighter but really limited.
I met him a few times as he used to work at a sprint kiosk at the mall near me in Idaho haha.

I like, not love, Zahabi here. I think he can stick and move to a decision win in his home country.

The only thing that worries me is Vince Morales was able to walk him down.
I think Vince is a fun action fighter but really limited.
I met him a few times as he used to work at a sprint kiosk at the mall near me in Idaho haha.
Zahabi has his bro as a coach , its like having a cheat code.

Zahabi looks better than 2019 version , the right hand is there. Not a clean fight, but he's decent enough to pop off the jab to a decision, Aori is decent but he has never actually beaten anyone who was solid on the feet.

Does anybody know if Malott is legit? I know his opponent is a regional level guy. -210 seems like a great investment on paper

I just finished watching their last few fights. I was initially thinking Malott was a good play and I still favor him but not at those odds.
Mike is a decent sized WW now but it's crazy his last loss was at featherweight.
I think it'll be a competetive fight until there's a finish.
I'm curious to see Malott by sub odds as I think he may be able to snatch a guillotine. He has a good one and Fugitt has a long neck.

I just finished watching their last few fights. I was initially thinking Malott was a good play and I still favor him but not at those odds.
Mike is a decent sized WW now but it's crazy his last loss was at featherweight.
I think it'll be a competetive fight until there's a finish.
I'm curious to see Malott by sub odds as I think he may be able to snatch a guillotine. He has a good one and Fugitt has a long neck.

The guillotine Malott hit on DWCS, the lone one of his professional career, was against an opponent who had a habit of leaving his head too low on the hip when shooting double legs. Multiple previous opponents had almost caught him in that same guillotine.

Thats not to say Mike doesn't have a good guillotine but it was more a product of that opponent having poor technique than his good technique.

I have to favor Imavov over Curtis. At 35+ I think we have seen everything Curtis is capable of in the ring. He will come out strong and show good defense and some solid boxing. But not consistent enough to win rounds.The younger more fresh fighter in Imavov should be much higher output with more variety of strikes. While mixing in some grappling and maybe a take down. It will probably go rounds and the judges should favor the more active Imavov. As long as Imavov avoids a counter left, he should outwork Curtis in all areas.

Is there a line anywhere on Nunes by Decision OR Sub? I see +500 for Sub and +300 for Decision on Bovada. I think either 2 is the best scenario and I'm leaning towards Decision.

Aldana is one of the most capable strikers Amanda has ever fought. I dont expect her to knock Aldana out. This price seems off to me as Nunes has gone the distance in 3 of her last 4 wins.

I have to favor Imavov over Curtis. At 35+ I think we have seen everything Curtis is capable of in the ring. He will come out strong and show good defense and some solid boxing. But not consistent enough to win rounds.The younger more fresh fighter in Imavov should be much higher output with more variety of strikes. While mixing in some grappling and maybe a take down. It will probably go rounds and the judges should favor the more active Imavov. As long as Imavov avoids a counter left, he should outwork Curtis in all areas.

Agree in general, but doubting the TD. Curtis might have the best TDD in MMA and I don't say that lightly. This fight is gonna be all standing.

Ya, plus the last long rangy guy he fought was Hermanson who beat the shit out of him and made him cry. Imavov is sharper than Jack who's bread and butter is his grappling. As long as he doesn't get chinned he should be fine.

Anyone else like Ige decision at +200 and Dariush decision at +350?

I like Dariush and I think decision is his most likely path to victory. Get Charles down and control him on the mat...put that grappling prowess to work. This might not be a sharp comparison but I'm getting visions of how Oliveira beat Tony Ferguson...just take him down and control him.

Anyone else like Ige decision at +200 and Dariush decision at +350?
I'm more partial towards Ige by KO. Landwehr gets hurt a lot and has gotten sparked early a few times, and I don't think Dan will have trouble finding his chin.

Is there a line anywhere on Nunes by Decision OR Sub? I see +500 for Sub and +300 for Decision on Bovada. I think either 2 is the best scenario and I'm leaning towards Decision.

Aldana is one of the most capable strikers Amanda has ever fought. I dont expect her to knock Aldana out. This price seems off to me as Nunes has gone the distance in 3 of her last 4 wins.

What Holly Holm?

What cyborg?

What De randamie?

What schevenko?

People seem to forget I believe Curtis took the fight on 1 week notice so short notice fight and he did win 1 Rd according to the judges so yea

I think a good play this weekend is Aori Qileng to win over Aiemann Zahabi. I was going through the tape yesterday and I don't understand why this fight is so closely lined to be honest. I feel that Aori Qileng should be a bigger favourite than the -116 I bet him at yesterday.

Aori Qileng pushes a pretty high pace and has good striking. Cardio seems just fine, he is overall a pretty solid fighter in my opinion. Worth noting is that he has never been knocked out in 33 fights.

Aiemann Zahabi has power, i'll give him that, but he is low volume and not very technical. I also question his cardio (might be wrong on this). I also don't see this fight take place on the ground, so not sure if he could win minutes there either. If Zahabi doesn't KO Aori Qileng I see him losing this fight.
Some other things I don't like about Zahabi is that he is getting quite old (35), he is not being very active (1 fight/year) and on top of that he is not a very experienced fighter. These things combined tells me that fighting is not his number 1 priority in life... Maybe he is more into coaching or he has problems with injuries. Either way I don't like it.

I think that Zahabi gets too much credit due to his name and the camp, while maybe the opposite is true for Aori Qileng.

Whats up guys, so how do you like this little ladder kinda parlay I just cooked up:
1) Zahabi vs Aoirleng: Fight goes to Decision -165: Risk 1 unit
2) Zahabi vs Aoirleng: Fight goes to Decision + Belbita vs Oliveira: Fight goes to Decision: +114: Risk 1 unit
3) Zahabi vs Aoirleng FGTD + Belbita vs Oliveira FGTD + Imavov vs Curtis FGTD: +271: Risk .5 unit

I like all 3 of these fights to go to decision, what do you guys think?

Also, I am running a little $5 buy in Private Draftkings UFC fantasy tournament, winner take all, am I allowed to post a link here ? if not please message me and I will send you a link, just me and a few guys from the sportsbetting discord I am in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back