UFC 291: Dustin Poirier vs Justin Gaethje 2, July 29, Utah

I really like Michel here. Wonderboy is 40 and isnt near as fast w/ reflexes in his prime. Kevin Holland is a horrendous wrestler and he got Stephen down multiple time just stupidly LET him get up....

Michel has good TDs. He goes for them against strikers and basically averages 2 TDs the past few fights. Wonderboy always had great initial TDs b/c of his distance control but thats deteriorated with age. When guys get inside which has happened alot more closing distance since 2021 getting to his hips getting around his bladed stance hes far easier to take down than when youre at range. He'll have a size advantage and HOOGE athleticism advantage. Do people think Michel will kickbox like Holland elected to?
He just might, remember that Michel isn't above being a showman even if he's toned things down since that embarrassing loss to Tristan.

Holland with garbage TDD and doesn't even try to get up once taken down vs a guy who's entire game is taking dudes down and controlling them.

And people want to pay juice on Kevin?

Nope. I'll probably play Chiesa at dog odds.
Ya seems like a solid spot. Any idea on why Chiesa has been out for awhile?

Ya seems like a solid spot. Any idea on why Chiesa has been out for awhile?

He was supposed to fight Jianglang earlier this year I remember but Li pulled out with an injury.

Chiesa also doing commentary work so maybe that has something to do with it?

I know Wb is 40, just murked Holland though. The guy treats his body well, no boozing, eating like shit. And his karate base.... doesn't get hit much. I got Wb here, honestly, all f'n day.

You promise he gonna win? I know fighters with 10 year age gap, win 70% of the time. I do think Stephen wins, but its kinda expensive to pay for 40 year old.

I was 100% gonna put a huge bet on Gathje pre tape but went back and watched a lot of their recent fights and now I duno. I think I'm just gonna pass and enjoy the fight instead of betting on it. Poirer for sure has more ways to win and Fiziev/Gathje fight was a lot closer then I initially remembered.

Its gonna be a war either way going back and watching each guys last few fights was a lot of fun.

I truly want Pereira to win, but I don't know why people are so sure he will. He got taken down by mediocre fighters not so long ago, Jan should be able to do it too. Of course, Jan's age is a factor too.

Who do you got?

I truly want Pereira to win, but I don't know why people are so sure he will. He got taken down by mediocre fighters not so long ago, Jan should be able to do it too. Of course, Jan's age is a factor too.

Who do you got?
Jan said in an interview that he wants to stand with Pereira before he shoots for a takedown. Said if things don't go as planned he will wrestle.

He just might, remember that Michel isn't above being a showman even if he's toned things down since that embarrassing loss to Tristan.

Michel has fought more tactically since moving to Overcome in 2020. I dont think the dumb approach he had against Tristan is relevant to the fighter he is now and the way he fights.

Jan said in an interview that he wants to stand with Pereira before he shoots for a takedown. Said if things don't go as planned he will wrestle.

That sounds just like the game plan Sean Strickland said he was going to use and it was incredibly stupid then. Jan could 100% take Alex down.

That unplanned thing could leave you staring up at the lights.

Agreed, I'm really split on whether Bobby KO's or outpoints him.

Anyone have a site that offers a knockdown prop? Bobby will def drop him once IMO will probably look like the Michael Johnson fight Tony had w/ possibility of stoppage.

I just think Poirier is a bad stylistic match up for Gaetjhe. If Gaethje had any offensive wrestling at all (don't bring up Fiziev fight lol) I would be more 50/50 but in a stand up war it's extremely difficult to beat Poirier.

He really started to take over in the 3rd round of that first fight and I see a similar outcome happening, possibly earlier stoppage this time around.

Cachoeria-Dec
Medic-KO2
Matthews-Dec
Vergara-Dec
Kopylov-KO2
Bonfirm-Sub1
De Lima-KO1
Perreria-Dec
Chisea-Dec
Green-Dec
Blach-KO2
Poirer-Sub3

Vinicius Salvador worth a look? Vergara almost gave Lacerda his first win last time out, and Vini is a power puncher so I could see things playing out similarly, only that Salvador seems to have a better gas tank to go along with his brawling approach.
To be fair Vergara was stunned by a wheel kick out of nowhere. Salvador wings the widest hooks on the roster. We saw in Salvadors last outing that when you nullify the wild hooks he has nothing

To be fair Vergara was stunned by a wheel kick out of nowhere. Salvador wings the widest hooks on the roster. We saw in Salvadors last outing that when you nullify the wild hooks he has nothing
Yeah and Lacerda is much more dangerous than vinicius in the first round. And if anything to come back after being so rocked I find pretty impressive. Vergara will always fight for your money and never give up.I really like Vergara here at 1.67 he is better everywhere imo.

Back