UFC 293, September 9, Adesanya vs. Strickland, Australia

101315-3637234.png

I'm thinking Haq might actually find a finish this time around. If the odds are right, I'll hop on that. Landon is just so overmatched.
I'll tape, i just see a striker vs striker match. unless i find footage of Landon being rocked and wobbled by a lesser fighter.

edit: nvm this is him getting wobbled by a can. You're right

I'll tape, i just see a striker vs striker match. unless i find footage of Landon being rocked and wobbled by a lesser fighter.

edit: nvm this is him getting wobbled by a can. You're right

Jason Knight also forced him to shoot a takedown in their TUF fight, less than a minute into it. Honestly shocked he's getting a UFC fight.

Any particular reason for Jung? Or is it a value play?
all plays are value plays lol.

I just think it's an even matchup on paper. Jung got grinded out in his last fight, which Ulberg isn't going to do to him. A quick KO by Jacoby doesn't mean a whole lot.

Jung has showed solid striking, clowned Nzechekwu (after Nzechekwu beat Ulberg), and he also has some very strong takedowns in his back pocket. (Jung's performance against Knight is imo one of the most impressive and underrated wrestling you'll see. Cormier was in his glory watching Jung repeatedly polish throw against Knight.)

It's easy to imagine Ulberg KO'ing Jung or winning a decision. But, I don't think this is much worse than 50/50. Ulberg hasn't exactly had a great strength of schedule.

Definitely hitting the decision props on the main event. Izzy won 3 decisions in a row before the Pereira KO. I dont think he has the one punch power to take out Strickland like Pereira did.

Tuivasa/Volkov over 1.5 is another one that looks good to me.

Definitely hitting the decision props on the main event. Izzy won 3 decisions in a row before the Pereira KO. I dont think he has the one punch power to take out Strickland like Pereira did.

Tuivasa/Volkov over 1.5 is another one that looks good to me.

Maaan IDK. When he sits down on punches he hurts dudes bad. Costa crumbled instantly. Alex went rigid, out cold. Strickland is gonna push forward most likely because that's how he fights. Izzy's boring fights are vs guys who want to counter too, and who get paralyzed by his faints, etc. Sean seems like a guy who will just say "fuck it" and pursue Izzy.

Jason Knight also forced him to shoot a takedown in their TUF fight, less than a minute into it. Honestly shocked he's getting a UFC fight.

Out of all the fighters, he's probably the least deserving. Jason Knight, The Irish Guy, Roberts are way above him at LW.

Israel to win ITD is -110. what am I missing?
I am trying to understand that as well. I took it at -145 and still consider it a solid bet. I guess Israel is known for carefully pot-shotting his way to decisions, but I have a hard time seeing Strickland lasting the distance.

I lean Izzy ITD as well, but I took Izzy win + O2.5. I think the style of Strickland is exactly the style that Izzy knocks out, the moving forward style... But Izzy can also in some matches be pretty happy to just strike from the outside. Strickland is tough as well. If Izzy doesn't pour it on I doubt he is getting Strickland out of there.
I also think if he gets him out it's going to be from an accumulation of shots and leg kicks.

I like the dec line for Izzy. Strickland will move forvard but I just dont trust Izzy to put on a show unless he feels threatened anymore. Call it weird analysis but basically I dont think Strickland is good enough to get knocked out by him lol.

Just a feeling, might as well be wrong.

Back