UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2, October 21, Abu Dhabi

He clearly won, but was getting clipped by an utterly gassed Rockhold even still. And couldn't finish despite Luke looking like a winded old man after 5 minutes. "All out war" maybe isn't accurate, but that was hardly a showing by Costa that would give me any confidence he has something for guy like Khamzat at this point.

Im still not convinced Chimaev is the guy he thinks he is. Hes a Middleweight who had an all out war with a natural Lightweight in Burns.

Im still not convinced Chimaev is the guy he thinks he is. Hes a Middleweight who had an all out war with a natural Lightweight in Burns.

I get that not everyone is onboard the Khamzat hype train and that he might not be as good as he thinks... but got damn I'm tired of hearing about the "he had a war with a lightweight" argument. That is such a lazy uneducated argument.
Gilbert Burns has been fighting at Welterweight since 2019. At Welterweight, he has beaten Gunnar Nelson, Demian Maia, Tyron Woodley, Stephen Thompson, Neil Magny and Jorge Masvidal. He also challenged for the title and almost KOd the champ.
Khamzat had war with a top 5 Welterweight, who is a got damn good fighter. Stop devaluing this win! It was great fight and a great win and it showed that Khamzat has heart.

Gilbert Burns has adjusted to Welterweight by now, so can we please, please drop the "he had a war with a lightweight" argument.

I get that not everyone is onboard the Khamzat hype train and that he might not be as good as he thinks... but got damn I'm tired of hearing about the "he had a war with a lightweight" argument. That is such a lazy uneducated argument.
Gilbert Burns has been fighting at Welterweight since 2019. At Welterweight, he has beaten Gunnar Nelson, Demian Maia, Tyron Woodley, Stephen Thompson, Neil Magny and Jorge Masvidal. He also challenged for the title and almost KOd the champ.
Khamzat had war with a top 5 Welterweight, who is a got damn good fighter. Stop devaluing this win! It was great fight and a great win and it showed that Khamzat has heart.

Gilbert Burns has adjusted to Welterweight by now, so can we please, please drop the "he had a war with a lightweight" argument.

Okay he had an all out war with a Welterweight and recently blew off a way cut by 9 pounds recently against another career Lightweight. Trust him with your money at -400 all you want. He’s an entitled clown who obviously doesn’t take the sport seriously.

I don't think Khamzat standing is anything super amazing. Esp if you take the fear most guys have of being on their back against him away. Burns didn't have that fear because of his grappling pedigree. Burns got too big for LW, same way Khamzat got too big for WW. Honestly too, I think that 170 lb version of Burns probably beats the ghost of Rockhold that Costa couldn't finish. I'd say beats him pretty easily.

If Khamzat for some reason decides to stand with Costa like he did with Gilbert, Paolo has a real shot. Either guy could catch the other. If Khamzat does what he's most likely to do and just takes Costa down? Most likely Costa is in trouble.

Okay he had an all out war with a Welterweight and recently blew off a way cut by 9 pounds recently against another career Lightweight. Trust him with your money at -400 all you want. He’s an entitled clown who obviously doesn’t take the sport seriously.

You have to be kidding. You actually think Costa ISN'T entitled clown that takes the sport seriously?

Speaking of blowing off weight cuts... what did Costa do leading up to Vettori fight? Only missed weight by almost 20 pounds, fight would have been cancelled if Marvin didn't agree to fight. Was moved to 195 limit, THEN 205 limit. THEN he made it, what a guy. No remorse, just eventually blamed too much training and an injury. I guess that's better than a wine excuse.

Don't even start with how many fights of Costa's have been cancelled, to boot.

You have to be kidding. You actually think Costa ISN'T entitled clown that takes the sport seriously?

Speaking of blowing off weight cuts... what did Costa do leading up to Vettori fight? Only missed weight by almost 20 pounds, fight would have been cancelled if Marvin didn't agree to fight. Was moved to 195 limit, THEN 205 limit. THEN he made it, what a guy. No remorse, just eventually blamed too much training and an injury. I guess that's better than a wine excuse.

Don't even start with how many fights of Costa's have been cancelled, to boot.

Yeah Costa may be a clown himself but betting Chimaev at -400 sounds waaaayyy too wide.

Interesting. I thought Gamrot was the backup for this fight
I hadn't heard that but Volks a much bigger fight so if hes able and willing thats a better outcome

Shame he wont have a full camp for the rematch with how close the first one was

Volk is in. Dana confirmed. Ariel did with Volks team directly too.

I am on Islam ITD. Volk wont have time to bulk like 1st fight, Islam weightcut def hurt him in Australia and I dont know if he managed to get IVs in or there were something dubious with his weightcut. Conditions in Australia compared to "advantages" Islam will enjoy in Abu Dhabi. Volk had hand surgery too.

Islam finishes him this time. Its such bad circumstances for Volk. And Islam knows his striking can be effective, rocked him multiple times, southpaw stance and size advantage for Islam will have counters there and he can ride out minutes on Volk. Volks defensive wrestling might not be as effective without the added bulk either. He made 145lbs just 3 months ago

lmao you’re right, Volk is in. Not even 2 days ago Dana said Gamrot was the backup if either dropped out. I’d be pissed if I was Gamrot

Pretty crazy to announce a replacement and then just not use him. I'd be pissed as fuck if I was Gamrot.
I don't complain though, Volk vs Islam is miles better than Islam vs Gamrot.

Paulo Costa out. They offered vetorri the fight he turned it down I'm sure if Strickland wasn't the champ he would step up lol. Maybe rematch with Gilbert burns?

Paulo Costa out. They offered vetorri the fight he turned it down I'm sure if Strickland wasn't the champ he would step up lol. Maybe rematch with Gilbert burns?

FFS did the Brazilians all decide they didn't feel like a trip to the middle east?

Connonier doesn't have anyone scheduled does he?

Back